Old Scam Resurfaces - American Cash Award Service

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2016, 09:53 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan
Default Old Scam Resurfaces - American Cash Award Service

An old Jamaican scam is reportedly resurfacing in The Villages and surrounding areas. Residents report receiving a call advising them they have won a significant sum of money. The company purports to be American Cash Award Services with a Tallahassee address and an Area Code 876 phone number. The Area Code 876 is JAMAICA. The BBB has an alert issued on this company and their records show a Cincinnati address with an 876 area code phone. As best as the BBB can determine, the company does not exist and this is a scam. Please don't fall for this scam and give out any of your personal information to someone who calls you 'blind'. They just want your bank account info so they can empty it out for you - not to make a large deposit for you!
Old 09-19-2016, 10:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

I respectfully think you're wrong and...it is actually completely legitimate.

After recently paying my $1,875.50 for 'processing fees,' I am anxiously awaiting my $3,750,000.00 inheritance from a Nigerian Prince....that I never even realized was a long lost cousin.

So there.

Old 09-19-2016, 10:51 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 384 Posts

I would think that with the average age of Village residents that they have had such worldly experience that warning about scams that have been around for decades would not be necessary.

But I suspect many in TV have lived under a rock before they moved to Florida.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I respectfully think you're wrong and...it is actually completely legitimate.

After recently paying my $1,875.50 for 'processing fees,' I am anxiously awaiting my $3,750,000.00 inheritance from a Nigerian Prince....that I never even realized was a long lost cousin.

So there.

I'm so excitedfor you. I hope your inheritance comes in time to pay your IRS bill in iTunes cards.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
I would think that with the average age of Village residents that they have had such worldly experience that warning about scams that have been around for decades would not be necessary.

But I suspect many in TV have lived under a rock before they moved to Florida.
Go to the other online site and search "iTunes"
Old 09-19-2016, 11:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I'm so excitedfor you. I hope your inheritance comes in time to pay your IRS bill in iTunes cards.
They promised to send a couple of Circuit City gift cards, that they said would more than cover the tax burden.

Old 09-19-2016, 11:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
An old Jamaican scam is reportedly resurfacing in The Villages and surrounding areas. Residents report receiving a call advising them they have won a significant sum of money. The company purports to be American Cash Award Services with a Tallahassee address and an Area Code 876 phone number. The Area Code 876 is JAMAICA. The BBB has an alert issued on this company and their records show a Cincinnati address with an 876 area code phone. As best as the BBB can determine, the company does not exist and this is a scam. Please don't fall for this scam and give out any of your personal information to someone who calls you 'blind'. They just want your bank account info so they can empty it out for you - not to make a large deposit for you!

we got a call from POTS with a 876 number today. when my husband wouldn't give them any information and he politely said no, the person on the phone swore and him. Don't answer any calls with POTS in the id.

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 09-19-2016, 12:00 PM
Eternal Member

Thanks, Bryan.
Unfortunately, many seniors in The Villages do not have the mental skill sets they used to have. They do not understand anymore there are scammers and may give out personal information just so they can hopefully get money to give to grandkids.

Bryan and his Seniors vs Crime group are a valuable asset to The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
scam, code, company, area, address

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.