One of our own in Sochi, wish them luck.

Closed Thread
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 AM
Dancing Thyme
Default One of our own in Sochi, wish them luck.

This morning's Daily Sun has a news story on the front page about Christine Creveling and her sons, Chris and Patrick. Christine is our own JERSEY GIRL who has been a member of TOTV probably since '07 and has been one of the founding group members of this forum.

Chris Creveling, her son, is competing in the Sochi Olympics in Short Track Speedskating. According to the News, he will be competing in the men's 1000, 1500 and 5000 meter relay events. We have been following Chris' athletic achievements since Jerseygirl moved here and we've watched his dedication, devotion and struggle to achieve this goal. Needless to say, being one of his mother's good friends, I've also seen the struggle of a dedicated single mom to helping her son accomplish his dreams. It wasn't easy and she is an awesome woman to have been able to give him so much support.

Jerseygirl still has a home in Caroline but moved temporarily to CA for a new nursing position but we are hoping she will be returning soon to our city, we miss her so much.

She is currently in Sochi with her son and other members of her family and is sending us facebook messages every chance she can.

What a marvelous experience for a wonderful lady and family. I am so happy for them and hope and pray that Chris comes home with a medal, he truly deserves it.

Watch him on TV and cheer him on!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-07-2014, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,083 Posts
Default Sochi and the Villages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
This morning's Daily Sun has a news story on the front page about Christine Creveling and her sons, Chris and Patrick. Christine is our own JERSEY GIRL who has been a member of TOTV probably since '07 and has been one of the founding group members of this forum.

Chris Creveling, her son, is competing in the Sochi Olympics in Short Track Speedskating. According to the News, he will be competing in the men's 1000, 1500 and 5000 meter relay events. We have been following Chris' athletic achievements since Jerseygirl moved here and we've watched his dedication, devotion and struggle to achieve this goal. Needless to say, being one of his mother's good friends, I've also seen the struggle of a dedicated single mom to helping her son accomplish his dreams. It wasn't easy and she is an awesome woman to have been able to give him so much support.

Jerseygirl still has a home in Caroline but moved temporarily to CA for a new nursing position but we are hoping she will be returning soon to our city, we miss her so much.

She is currently in Sochi with her son and other members of her family and is sending us facebook messages every chance she can.

What a marvelous experience for a wonderful lady and family. I am so happy for them and hope and pray that Chris comes home with a medal, he truly deserves it.

Watch him on TV and cheer him on!!
What a neat story in the Villages Daily Sun.

Thanks for posting this KathieI.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:33 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
What a neat story in the Villages Daily Sun.

Thanks for posting this KathieI.
Thanks Tal,,, its about time we had some GOOD NEWS on TOTV...

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-07-2014, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,365 Times in 2,083 Posts
Default Sochi knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieI View Post
Thanks Tal,,, its about time we had some GOOD NEWS on TOTV...

If you are watching the Olympics in Sochi over the next few weeks I hope that you will try your knowledge and finger dexterity at taking a FunTrivia Quiz on Sochi. I had had a 25 Question Quiz when I wrote this but my Editor had me cut out 15 or so other questions that would have been out-of-date in a few years.

Quote:
Invitation Message:

Hi there,

There's a quiz at FunTrivia.com that you may be interested in:

'Suddenly Sochi' -- Category: Geography.

You can play it by going here:

Suddenly Sochi Quiz - Russia

If you sign up (free) on FunTrivia using the link above you will automatically be set as one of my friends, and we can
compare scores easily.

I could use some good to excellent ratings too for this Sochi Quiz. I also have one on Lolo Jones who is currently competing for Bobsled at Sochi.
Old 02-07-2014, 05:10 PM
Gold member

Thanks Kathie! Will be sure to watch!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.