What is new?

Closed Thread
Old 01-10-2011, 11:57 AM
Default What is new?

We hope to build in The Villages next Summer and the last time we were there was about six months ago. Any info on new developments of all kinds would be great to hear, so "Thanks in advance" for any replies!

For example:

How is Brownwood coming along?

What new roads are in other than what shows up on the outdated Google Map?

How is the shopping area on 466A just East of Beuna Vista progressing?

How about the new hospital and library? Where exactly are they going, and has construction started?

What are the latest areas to be opened after Buttonwood and what type of homes are being built there? Also, where are they located?

Is anything being done yet South of 466A? If so, what and where?

Have you noticed any effects on The Villages due to the uncertain economy?

These are just a few questions that I'm sure many of us wanna bees who are not there would love to have answered. Sorry fo going on so long in this first post. But, please provide any information you may have about what is happening there. We will all appreciate it stuck up here in the snow!
Old 01-10-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadfast View Post
What new roads are in other than what shows up on the outdated Google Map?
Mapquest is now showing the streets in Buttonwood, Tamarind Grove and St. James. Keep zooming in until they appear.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM
Default preview

Lucky you! We just attempted to book a preview lifestyle pan and was told they are booked up thru March 22 ! We have been there about 3 or 4 years ago and plan on moving there also. Will be putting house up in the spring. Pray for a quick sale!

I think we want a courtyard Villa.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:33 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Have you noticed any effects on The Villages due to the uncertain economy?
Uncertain economy??? Not here. According to Forbes, TV is the second fastest growing community in the country.
Netherlands, California, Quebec, California, Texas, Turkey, Minnesota, Panama Canal, California, Illinois, Turkey, Maryland, Germany, Florida, New Mexico, The Village of Amelia and now The Village of Hacienda East.
Old 01-10-2011, 02:43 PM
Platinum member
Default "V" Mail

Steadfast,

You may want to sign up for TV "V" Mail. It will tell you the latest on what's being built. The left colmn says "Sign Up For Our Monthly Vmail Newsletter"

http://thevillages.com/newsletter/signup/
Old 01-10-2011, 02:49 PM

Welcome Steadfast, Good questions. We haven't been there since last Aug. so would like to know too. Putting our house up for sale March 1.Hope it doesn't take to long too.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:05 PM
Platinum member

Steadfast:

Your question about noticing anything due to the economy . . .

From my perspective of approaching my 6th anniversary from closing, the most significant difference is that then (Jan '05) they were closing on something like 400+ homes a month, whereas they're down now to something closer to 200.

In almost any other part of the US 200 would be hugely exciting! Here it's almost disappointing! But, still the most obvious indicator!

Welcome to TOTV, and come see us!

SWR
Old 01-10-2011, 05:16 PM
Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by F16 1UB View Post
Steadfast,

You may want to sign up for TV "V" Mail. It will tell you the latest on what's being built. The left colmn says "Sign Up For Our Monthly Vmail Newsletter"

http://thevillages.com/newsletter/signup/
Thank you F16,

I have signed up for Vmail, but have not seen much in the way of details other than the very fine video reports regarding Bonifay. I wish they would do more of that kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, the newsletter is very much appreciated as far as it goes each month. 'Just looking for more info... more often, I guess.

Thanks!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:32 PM

Quote:
How is Brownwood coming along?
What new roads are in
How is the shopping area on 466A just East of Beuna Vista progressing?
How about the new hospital and library?
What are the latest areas to be opened after Buttonwood?
Is anything being done yet South of 466A? If so, what and where?
1) Utilities and tunnels are in on the Brownwood site but no constuction yet. Probably still a couple of years away.
2) All of the neighborhood roads north of 466A are complete, except for the new premier section south of 466 (Bridgeport at Laurel Grove) -- that will probably be done in the next 2 months. They have recently started work on the extension of Morse Blvd below 466A, toward 44 (and future turnpike connection).
3) Shopping area on 466A is not being built yet, but should be starting soon.
New hospital site is being graded (east of the Brownwood site, across Buena Vista). Library at the new County Service Center on 466A is open, I believe.
4) The Village of Tamarind Grove, next to Buttonwood, is already selling homes; St. James, the last village north of 466A, will follow. Both have a mix of homes styles and villas , except no premiers.
5) The first village south of 466A is showing up on the Sumter County GIS map. It's just south of the Bonifay golf course, which is supposed to be done in October. No name or roads yet, just lots on a map.

Come on down and see -- plenty of action!
Old 01-10-2011, 08:37 PM
Sage

Steadfast: Welcome to TOTV! We're glad you're here.

Bike42: Great update, thanks.
Old 01-10-2011, 09:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by logdog View Post
Uncertain economy??? Not here. According to Forbes, TV is the second fastest growing community in the country.

fastest is . . . .Buckeye, Az (a guess???)

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pturner View Post
Steadfast: Welcome to TOTV! We're glad you're here.

Bike42: Great update, thanks.
I always agree with whatever PTurner says because she is smart and kind.

Bike42, you really explained perfectly, and you are too. What I said about P.

And Steadfast...

You are so Welcome.
Old 01-11-2011, 06:34 AM
Default More Videos available

If you would like to see more videos go to this link...lots to choose from

http://www.thevillages.com/videos/playlist.asp

Quote:
Thank you F16,

I have signed up for Vmail, but have not seen much in the way of details other than the very fine video reports regarding Bonifay. I wish they would do more of that kind of thing.

Don't get me wrong, the newsletter is very much appreciated as far as it goes each month. 'Just looking for more info... more often, I guess.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by bike42 View Post
1) Utilities and tunnels are in on the Brownwood site but no constuction yet. Probably still a couple of years away.
2) All of the neighborhood roads north of 466A are complete, except for the new premier section south of 466 (Bridgeport at Laurel Grove) -- that will probably be done in the next 2 months. They have recently started work on the extension of Morse Blvd below 466A, toward 44 (and future turnpike connection).
3) Shopping area on 466A is not being built yet, but should be starting soon.
New hospital site is being graded (east of the Brownwood site, across Buena Vista). Library at the new County Service Center on 466A is open, I believe.
4) The Village of Tamarind Grove, next to Buttonwood, is already selling homes; St. James, the last village north of 466A, will follow. Both have a mix of homes styles and villas , except no premiers.
5) The first village south of 466A is showing up on the Sumter County GIS map. It's just south of the Bonifay golf course, which is supposed to be done in October. No name or roads yet, just lots on a map.

Come on down and see -- plenty of action!
Bump. I stole the thread.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whartonjelly View Post
Lucky you! We just attempted to book a preview lifestyle pan and was told they are booked up thru March 22 ! We have been there about 3 or 4 years ago and plan on moving there also. Will be putting house up in the spring. Pray for a quick sale!

I think we want a courtyard Villa.
I have everything I'm able to cross crossed for your sale!
Hoping you'll be joining our family soon.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.