Orlando Airport Advice needed

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Default Orlando Airport Advice needed

I am making my first ever pickup of a visitor at the Orlando airport this Thursday afternoon. Any advice re: route, parking, cellphone area parking, pickup rules, etc. Any advice is most appreciated.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:36 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Just go out to 301 South to Florida Turnpike South. Take that to exit 254 which is route 528 East. Your on that for about 5 miles to the Orlando airport exit. Follow the signs for the South airport exit and that will take you to the cell phone waiting lot. When your pickup gets to baggage claim have them tell you the baggage carousel they are at and which side, A or B. They will give you a number like A 21 or B 30 which is the airport side and door number they will be exiting baggage claim.

Leave the cell phone lot and go to the passenger pickup A or B side they gave you and the door number (same as carousel) they gave you. By the time you get there from the cell phone lot they should have got their bags and be waiting for you.

Follow the sign for airport North exit and 528 West to the Florida Turnpike North and back to The Villages.
Old 03-17-2013, 12:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Just go out to 301 South to Florida Turnpike South. Take that to exit 254 which is route 528 East. Your on that for about 5 miles to the Orlando airport exit. Follow the signs for the South airport exit and that will take you to the cell phone waiting lot. When your pickup gets to baggage claim have them tell you the baggage carousel they are at and which side, A or B. They will give you a number like A 21 or B 30 which is the airport side and door number they will be exiting baggage claim.

Leave the cell phone lot and go to the passenger pickup A or B side they gave you and the door number (same as carousel) they gave you. By the time you get there from the cell phone lot they should have got their bags and be waiting for you.

Follow the sign for airport North exit and 528 West to the Florida Turnpike North and back to The Villages.
YUP! that says it all!

Sterling, IL; Hunter's Creek, Orlando, FL; The Villages
Old 03-17-2013, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post

Thank you for that complete, excellent information. I'm bookmarking it.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:16 PM
Gold member
Default Honestly,

unless it is a child or an elderly person, or a family group, we now have everyone take the shuttle. For $30 or $35, cost comes close to cost of gas and tolls, and much easier on the nerves. To me, it's not really a pleasant drive, especially at night.

The Villages shuttle, if you're able to take/meet them for pick-up at Lake Sumter Landing, is a stress-free way to get to or return from the airport.

Exception would be if you can combine with another trip for a good reason, but I can't think of a good enough reason at the moment.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Sage

If it's just one visitor I would definitely have them take the shuttle
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-17-2013, 02:53 PM
Platinum member

Yes! One passenger is absolutely worth it. More than one... I'd pick them up!
Old 03-17-2013, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@PeacefulPL View Post
I am making my first ever pickup of a visitor at the Orlando airport this Thursday afternoon. Any advice re: route, parking, cellphone area parking, pickup rules, etc. Any advice is most appreciated.
I would schedule The Village Transportation to pick them up - $30. Close to what it would cost for you to go round trip plus tolls & a lot less trouble
Old 03-17-2013, 10:25 PM
Veteran member

....from a safety perspective.......

IF you HAVE a Pre Paid Toll gizmo in your car.......
...You do NOT have to go through the Pre Paid lanes on the left side.

Simply use one of the 2 lanes on the far right.......pull up, stop and they will
wave you through.....
.....this way you do not have to cross 5 lanes of traffic in 900 feet to
exit to the Airport.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.