Live Web-Cam at Spanish Springs

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Smile Live Web-Cam at Spanish Springs

...must have gotten blown over in in the wind. Since I am not yet a TV resident, I often view SS and LSL on the live web-cam. At about 4pm today I could see the palms blowing and a few people walking around. Now, the camera is pointing downward and the square is not visible. Could one of you who are in TV climb the building and reposition the camera...LOL!!
Old 03-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Veteran member

Doug
No it was not the wind but the model of the camera. I had the exact model somewhere around here but can't see to find it. I think it may be the Axis 214 PTZ. The PTZ stands for point tilt zoom and they can move it all around. The camera alone goes for about $1200.00. Add to that the mounting cover and other software and you can see this is not your average home web cam.

One time I was watching it around lunch time and they were moving all around the square looking for babes. They found on and zoomed in on her and then the boss must have been coming by and the camera snapped back to the normal position.
Old 03-03-2010, 05:48 PM
Default Spanish Springs web cam

This is my first posting and too bad it has to be about something slightly negative about the OUTSTANDING quality of The Villages. The web cam at SP needs a relocation. I too log in every day to see what's going on at both squares (been here three times so far and have already scheduled three more visits for the near future) I have even called in to point out the problem with the camera. In my opinion (for what it's worth) I think it should be moved to Katie Belle's to get away from the glare of the evening sun. It may also have a better unobstructed view of the square instead of the present view of the trees or the street or the corner. Enough said! We'll be visiting TV the middle of April and I'd be willing to help move the camera.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:45 PM

where do you log in to see the action in TV squares?

thank you
sonny & karen
still in Ga,
Old 03-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Default Web cam links

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonny&karen View Post
where do you log in to see the action in TV squares?

thank you
sonny & karen
still in Ga,
Try these, look under pictures and click on "square name live web cam"
You may have to copy and paste these links
http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/marketSquare.asp

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle/ssTownSquare.asp

Last edited by herbaru; 03-03-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:37 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J & J plus M View Post
This is my first posting and too bad it has to be about something slightly negative about the OUTSTANDING quality of The Villages. The web cam at SP needs a relocation. I too log in every day to see what's going on at both squares (been here three times so far and have already scheduled three more visits for the near future) I have even called in to point out the problem with the camera. In my opinion (for what it's worth) I think it should be moved to Katie Belle's to get away from the glare of the evening sun. It may also have a better unobstructed view of the square instead of the present view of the trees or the street or the corner. Enough said! We'll be visiting TV the middle of April and I'd be willing to help move the camera.
Yes there is a glare problem with the camera at sunset. I have talked to IT about but can only get to the secretary and not the actual IT grunts. They will at least point the camera toward the sales office when they have the monthly cruise in which is kinda cool. I was trying to get them to set up a user control PTZ as some ski areas have. I can guarantee that would waste my days and my IP address would be filtered in short order. But it would be fun.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.