Our visit in May

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2015, 10:32 PM
Veteran member
Default Our visit in May

Well, I have been back from my 10 day visit in May for a week, and have had time to reflect on my visit to our villages home. I thought it would be nice to share my observations as a home owner who rents for now.....

1. We made the right decision buying in the villages - wow, did we... I just love it and so does Donna.

2. Also very happy with the home we bought (Jasmine) and the village (Hillsborough). The location is just great unless you want to go to Spanish Springs - that is a haul. But two pools down the street, and several country clubs basically around the corner is awesome.

3. I love the town squares!!! Everything about them.

4. Why is it that food in the Grocery store is so expensive (Publix), and food at the restaurants is so cheap?? Wow... I would say Publix is 30% higher than any grocery store in the Milwaukee area.

5. I brought 3 daughters and 2 gradkids - they love the villages - and have reported it is an hour to Disney - and an easy hour. They are VERY happy with the location. They love the town squares too - and the pools.

6. The neighbors are amazing. We have spent a long weekend and this trip in our home, we have met like ALL the neighbors. I hardly know any of my neighbors in Milwaukee. They all come over and say hi and invite you to come visit their homes. Wow - it truly is America's Friendliest hometown.

7. Love the Sharon - we went and saw Million Dollar Quartet - it was Amazing and the acoustics in that hall are wonderful. Bravo Morris Family!

8. I wish I would have found Badcock's furniture and Kirklands earlier in our home furnishing experience. But I did find them.

9. Love the Ace hardware in Wildwood - they have a great staff and everything you could ever need!

10. Great Post office - I had a bunch of stuff get shipped postal mail by Amazon - I called the Post office and they stopped forwarding my mail JUST FOR THE WEEK! They delivered 4 packages to my door. What a great group.

11. We were there in January and now in May - it did not seem much different from a crowd standpoint - a little less in May, but we did not think January was that bad.

12. Coolest name - "Micro Racetrack Rd"... gotta love that.

13. Got my first golf in on an Executive course. What the heck are you people complaining about - it was wonderful and everything in decent condition. WAY more challenging than I expected, man they put some of those water hazards in the worst places!! But I did hit 3 greens off the tee! that is good for me.

14. Airgun range is first rate, and great people there.

15. Kudos to Tri County Landscaping - even though our home landscaping was technically out of warranty (only 30 days you know), they came out and replaced 2 dead bushes when we called. Very nice.

16. Looks like Spray Scapes is doing a pretty good job on our lawn and bushes too.

17. Probably my most interesting observation - the weather. It was in the Mid 90s on most days we were there. I am a northerner and a big wus when it comes to the heat. However - this did not bother me much. As long as you stay mostly in the shade, it is just not that bad - the humidity was reasonable and there was always a breeze. I think I could easily get used to it. Might have to reconsider the snowbird idea when I actually retire......

Well, that is my observations, thanks for listening.
Snow Flake until I retire
Old 06-04-2015, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

12) Coolest Name "Micro-racetrack Rd". If you turn down that road off 466A about a hundred yards on the right is Florida's oldest go-cart track. Right now that section of 466A is under construction while they widen the road.

Speedway Park | Fruitland Park Florida 34731
Old 06-04-2015, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packer Fan View Post
Well, I have been back from my 10 day visit in May for a week, and have had time to reflect on my visit to our villages home. I thought it would be nice to share my observations as a home owner who rents for now.....

17. Probably my most interesting observation - the weather. It was in the Mid 90s on most days we were there. I am a northerner and a big wus when it comes to the heat. However - this did not bother me much. As long as you stay mostly in the shade, it is just not that bad - the humidity was reasonable and there was always a breeze. I think I could easily get used to it. Might have to reconsider the snowbird idea when I actually retire......

Just remember, if God wanted you to live in snow, He wouldn't have invented Florida!
Old 06-04-2015, 08:55 AM
Veteran member

Glad you like it. We love it in Dunedin tooo
Old 06-04-2015, 09:32 AM

Great to hear your upbeat post! Thanks!
Old 06-04-2015, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I agree with Justus. I almost always do.

So glad you enjoyed your visit. It is heavenly to live here.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:22 AM
Sage

AND ... the best is yet to come!
Old 06-04-2015, 05:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
:
My favorite is a little dirt road further north just south of 466a named "Little Dirt Road".
Old 06-04-2015, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
My favorite is a little dirt road further north just south of 466a named "Little Dirt Road".
That is my favorite, too! Little Dirt Road, cracks me up! Wouldn't you love to see some other "real" name roads?

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 06-04-2015, 10:13 PM
Platinum member

Quote:

1. We made the right decision buying in the villages - wow, did we... I just love it and so does Donna.

2. Also very happy with the home we bought (Jasmine) and the village (Hillsborough). The location is just great unless you want to go to Spanish Springs - that is a haul. But two pools down the street, and several country clubs basically around the corner is awesome.

4. Why is it that food in the Grocery store is so expensive (Publix), and food at the restaurants is so cheap?? Wow... I would say Publix is 30% higher than any grocery store in the Milwaukee area.

5. I brought 3 daughters and 2 gradkids - they love the villages - and have reported it is an hour to Disney - and an easy hour. They are VERY happy with the location. They love the town squares too - and the pools.

6. The neighbors are amazing. We have spent a long weekend and this trip in our home, we have met like ALL the neighbors. I hardly know any of my neighbors in Milwaukee. They all come over and say hi and invite you to come visit their homes. Wow - it truly is America's Friendliest hometown.

7. Love the Sharon - we went and saw Million Dollar Quartet - it was Amazing and the acoustics in that hall are wonderful. Bravo Morris Family!

8. I wish I would have found Badcock's furniture and Kirklands earlier in our home furnishing experience. But I did find them.

9. Love the Ace hardware in Wildwood - they have a great staff and everything you could ever need!

10. Great Post office - I had a bunch of stuff get shipped postal mail by Amazon - I called the Post office and they stopped forwarding my mail JUST FOR THE WEEK! They delivered 4 packages to my door. What a great group.

11. We were there in January and now in May - it did not seem much different from a crowd standpoint - a little less in May, but we did not think January was that bad.

13. Got my first golf in on an Executive course. What the heck are you people complaining about - it was wonderful and everything in decent condition. WAY more challenging than I expected, man they put some of those water hazards in the worst places!! But I did hit 3 greens off the tee! that is good for me.

15. Kudos to Tri County Landscaping - even though our home landscaping was technically out of warranty (only 30 days you know), they came out and replaced 2 dead bushes when we called. Very nice.

16. Looks like Spray Scapes is doing a pretty good job on our lawn and bushes too.

Welcome to the cult, you will really enjoy The Villages.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

The Villages is just WAY TOO MUCH FUN!!!
Old 06-05-2015, 07:44 AM
Gold member
Default Wwlcome Packer Fan

Quote:

We have been here 9 1/2 years. I am originally a Wauwatosa guy and my wife a Madison gal with Oconomowoc our last Wisconsin home prior to becoming Floridians. We are both fanatical Packer Fans. It was fun to read your Villages observations. Welcome and get ready to for Mr. (Aaron) Rogers Neighborhood from out of state!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:01 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,782 Times in 3,648 Posts

TV, better than Packerland???

I lost count how many times the word "love" shows up in your post.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:46 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
TV, better than Packerland???

I lost count how many times the word "love" shows up in your post.

TV warmer than Packerland but no substitute for the Lambeau experience
Old 06-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVillages View Post
We have been here 9 1/2 years. I am originally a Wauwatosa guy and my wife a Madison gal with Oconomowoc our last Wisconsin home prior to becoming Floridians. We are both fanatical Packer Fans. It was fun to read your Villages observations. Welcome and get ready to for Mr. (Aaron) Rogers Neighborhood from out of state!
To funny - I grew up in Oconomowoc - Class of 1981. I worked for Briggs and Stratton at the corporate office in Wauwatosa for 10 years... how small a world it is...

Go Pack!
Snow Flake until I retire
Closed Thread

Tags
love, home, great, visit, villages, wow, neighbors, amazing, food, grocery, store, publix, milwaukee, hour, long, people, bad, good, bushes, days, landscaping, january, squares, post, office

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.