Our warranty dept/Windows

Closed Thread
Old 07-16-2017, 09:15 AM

$150. was entire cost for labor.........windows were free
Old 07-16-2017, 04:52 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
We just had 5 windows replaced (our house is 6 years old) due to the seals being broken. The windows are free but you have to pay for labor. Yes it was $150, but cheaper than buying 5 new windows. We did not have condensation on the windows, but areas that had complete "fog"
So, you would be better off waiting until 9 years and 11 months to get all the failing windows replaced for the 150
Old 07-17-2017, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
OK well new price is $150 labor per window
As of last week the TOTAL WAS $150. We had 5 windows replaced, DID NOT PAY PER WINDOW. I would guess if you only had 1 window to replace it still costs $150.
Old 07-28-2017, 07:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuccillo View Post
I assume you are seeing condensation on the outside of the windows? If so, then that can certainly happen when there are very high dewpoints outside. The windows aren't perfect insulators and if they cool (from the cool, air conditioned inside air) below the dewpoint then condensation can form on the outside glass. I see this with some of my windows in the morning. Once it warms up a bit the condensate will evaporate. Assuming this is what you are experiencing, I don't believe you have an issue.

In the cool season, the opposite can happen where you may see condensation on the glass and metal windows frames on the inside of the house if there is a rapid drop in the outside air temperature (until the dewpoint inside the house has had a chance to drop).
Excellent post. Good reminder too when this happens a lot, WHY it happens.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:39 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

If the windows themselves are supplied at no charge, maybe ask for them and get a price from someone else to install them. $150.00 each seems high, maybe okay for one window but not for several. Give it a try.
Old 07-28-2017, 10:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post
If the windows themselves are supplied at no charge, maybe ask for them and get a price from someone else to install them. $150.00 each seems high, maybe okay for one window but not for several. Give it a try.
Old 07-28-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintageogauge View Post

The avg cost of a inexpensive window At home depot or lowes will run around $200 without installation. So 1 window installed for $150 total is an amazing price, multiple windows for $150 you buy a lottery ticket.

20 years ago I replaced 12 windows at my mothers house (one story home) mid range windows installed was over $6000 then
Old 07-28-2017, 12:21 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Gilbert View Post
The avg cost of a inexpensive window At home depot or lowes will run around $200 without installation. So 1 window installed for $150 total is an amazing price, multiple windows for $150 you buy a lottery ticket.

20 years ago I replaced 12 windows at my mothers house (one story home) mid range windows installed was over $6000 then
I think we are talking about replacing a pane in an already installed window.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,730 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
All the windows in the Villages are manufactured
by Chicken Window Co..Cheap Cheap Cheap
Don't blame the builder or The Villages for the cheap windows. Home buyers are to blame because they usually don't even consider the window quality or ask about it when they buy a house. This is true everywhere in the country, not just in The Villages.
Old 07-28-2017, 12:41 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
So we are on home number 2 in the villages. Our now new home, only built 5 yrs ago, has same problem as last house. Condensation on Windows all day. Either Windows they are installing are Cheap Or the company installing is Not sealing them properly. We called warranty today since windows fall under 10 yrvwarranty. However they will charge us $150 to install for their labor charge. We think we should not be charged as we feel it is the villages fault not installing them properly. Anyone else experiencing this problem?? 2nd time for us

I have had the same problem before. In my case, the problem was caused not by leaks, but rather by the house being too tightly sealed, thus causing a situation wherein moisture generated indoors couldn't escape the home. This can especially be a problem if you cook with gas as that releases a lot of moisture into the home.

Tags
windows, installing, charge, warranty, villages

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.