I want to see live entertainment

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Gold member
Default I want to see live entertainment

I find the info about the entertainment at thevillages.com, but how can I find where and who is playing in the clubs etc around the villages? One man band is OK, just where are they playing.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villager II View Post
I find the info about the entertainment at thevillages.com, but how can I find where and who is playing in the clubs etc around the villages? One man band is OK, just where are they playing.
LIVE music EVERY night at the squares...weather permitting!! Also some of the restaurants..have it too. You can go online to V-mail and also google the Sun newspaper (or subscribing might be better) to get the scoop on the happenings here!
Old 08-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Veteran member

I think City Fire (Urban Flats) has entertainment every night. Katie Belles also. Nancy Lopez has indoor and pool entertainment on some nights. Havana as well, call for schedule. Weekends at the American Legion. I was at one of the CCs for dinner and it was opera night (we left before the fat lady got there). The Lighthouse, Lakeside Inn, call them. There is no lack of entertainment here.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:30 PM
Veteran member
Thumbs up

There is also entertainment at Garvino's wine bar Th-Sat. The Thursday entertainment is Rudy Turner, literally a one man show. He sings, plays guitar, keyboard, xylophone and harmonica! He is absolutely wonderful.. We go there every Thursday.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:52 PM
Sage
Location: grew up in NYC and lived my adult life in Northern NJ; and now a resident of TV in Bonita
Send a message via AIM to RichieLion

I only know who's playing where when an ad is taken out by the restaurant in the Daily Sun, as City Fire (formerly Urban Flats) does every week.

It would be nice if the restaurants who provide entertainment to attract customers would advertise that fact, and may I suggest; ADVERTISING RIGHT HERE IN TOTV WOULD BE A GREAT IDEA!!
Old 08-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Veteran member

Forgot to add...The Savannah Center and Church on the Square too have live music. I think T.V. will serve your tastes in music wherever you choose.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Location: The Villages, Orlando, Fort Lauderdale, Memphis, Los Angeles, Boston, New York, Norfolk, Chicago.

The Music Mixx plays at Tierra Del Sol CC on most Fridays and every other Saturday at Hacienda CC. Great band, great music. Tierra is 5:30 to 8:30 and Hacienda 6 to 9.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool

It would be nice if there were a publication/website, where one could find all entertainment options in all venues around TV.

To my knowledge, that does not exist. The closest thing is thumbing through the Daily Sun...

Oh wait.....maybe there's an app for that....
Old 11-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Eternal Member

Codys also has entertainment several nights a week. McCalls has Blues & Boogie on Tuesdays & Fridays.
Old 11-14-2011, 05:08 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenAjd View Post
LIVE music EVERY night at the squares...weather permitting!! Also some of the restaurants..have it too. You can go online to V-mail and also google the Sun newspaper (or subscribing might be better) to get the scoop on the happenings here!
YOU might call a guy playing cd's on the loudspeaker system "live" music, but I don't......the DJ's seem to be on the schedule a lot lately.
Old 11-14-2011, 09:00 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memason View Post
It would be nice if there were a publication/website, where one could find all entertainment options in all venues around TV.

To my knowledge, that does not exist. The closest thing is thumbing through the Daily Sun...

Oh wait.....maybe there's an app for that....
Give this link a try. Standard disclaimer applies so if you don't get there try cutting and pasting the URL.

http://www.thevillages.com/lifestyle...ng.asp?venue=2

VG
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.