Outdoor Counter and Storage

Closed Thread
Old 08-10-2022, 07:11 AM
Default Outdoor Counter and Storage

We just finished our Patio and have been looking around for a counter that has storage to put next to it. We have an Egg that will sit next to that so I want someplace to store charcoal and give us some counter top to set things down. I don't want to go custom I am too cheap. Any suggestions. I've done Goggle searches and found a couple mail order only. Hoping to find something local.

Thanks
Old 08-10-2022, 07:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,651 Times in 966 Posts

Depending on the complexity, i would price out a custom build, you might be surprised.
Old 08-10-2022, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,693 Times in 603 Posts

I use a storage box that I got at Home Depot. Plastic but very sturdy and has weathered just fine.

Search Results for outdoor storage at The Home Depot
Old 08-10-2022, 06:55 PM
Default Keter Unity with stainless top

Look at Keter Unity w/stainless top, storage and wheels. Great serving/prep table and reasonable price. Makes TV stand for Lanai also. Love ours.
Old 08-10-2022, 08:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,876 Times in 950 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
We just finished our Patio and have been looking around for a counter that has storage to put next to it. We have an Egg that will sit next to that so I want someplace to store charcoal and give us some counter top to set things down. I don't want to go custom I am too cheap. Any suggestions. I've done Goggle searches and found a couple mail order only. Hoping to find something local.

Thanks
Talking about cheap. I no longer have a charcoal grill BUT when I did I would put out the coals with water, let them dry and used them again. Coals are good for about three uses. To light them I had one of those chimney things mine was made by someone out of stainless steel by someone likely working at one of the government shops. To light the coals, old candles work fine and do not add chemical taste to your food.
If, you find something mail order but would like ,to buy it local. you have the name of the product. It is easy to research local dealers. Too many people. I too have done it, go into a store, take the salesman's time and then buy it mail order. We then wonder why we cannot get service.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVES View Post
Talking about cheap. I no longer have a charcoal grill BUT when I did I would put out the coals with water, let them dry and used them again. Coals are good for about three uses. To light them I had one of those chimney things mine was made by someone out of stainless steel by someone likely working at one of the government shops. To light the coals, old candles work fine and do not add chemical taste to your food.
If, you find something mail order but would like ,to buy it local. you have the name of the product. It is easy to research local dealers. Too many people. I too have done it, go into a store, take the salesman's time and then buy it mail order. We then wonder why we cannot get service.
Thanks for the responses from everyone. I'm not cheap, my wife prefers the taste of charcoal so we got a Primo grill (like a green egg) so they are not cheap... I had my heart set on getting a Green Egg Table and putting it in there but I need the storage too. Here is a link: https://www.acehardware.com/departme...-grids/8773681 Maybe I just have to get that and bin like suggested up top.
Old 08-11-2022, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GpaVader View Post
Thanks for the responses from everyone. I'm not cheap, my wife prefers the taste of charcoal so we got a Primo grill (like a green egg) so they are not cheap... I had my heart set on getting a Green Egg Table and putting it in there but I need the storage too. Here is a link: https://www.acehardware.com/departme...-grids/8773681 Maybe I just have to get that and bin like suggested up top.
Our green egg is in a nest purchased from ACE.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:02 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,365 Times in 744 Posts

Quote:
I am nominating you for Retiredguy123's "I am frugal but you are cheap" award for 2022.

I won for 2021 but you have me beat this year.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toymeister View Post
I am nominating you for Retiredguy123's "I am frugal but you are cheap" award for 2022.

I won for 2021 but you have me beat this year.
:laug h:
Old 08-11-2022, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,905 Times in 5,325 Posts

Quote:
I know a woman who gets three cups of coffee from one Keurig K-cup.
Closed Thread

Tags
counter, storage, custom, cheap, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.