Outstanding Tribute Band Concert at the Savannah Center!

Old 05-25-2024, 11:05 PM
Default Outstanding Tribute Band Concert at the Savannah Center!

We saw the Bon Jovi tribute band, “Living On A Bad Name” at the Savannah Center tonight. I’ve lost count of how many tribute bands I’ve seen there during the five years I’ve lived in The Villages. All have been extremely good or excellent, and this band was no exception. The lead singer resembled Bon Jovi, and also sang like him — that’s to be expected with a tribute band. But what made this show stand out was the exceptional guitarist. He had the entire audience mesmerized! What also made this show outstanding was the fact that there were so many young people there. I have never seen that before; it’s usually just villagers who go to these events. People in their 20s and 30’s were moving and singing with the music. Their enthusiasm was infectious, and it reminded me of the fun I had at concerts when I was their age. The tickets for this show were a little pricier than some of the other shows I’ve seen, but it was worth every single penny! If you missed this concert, or worse; thought about getting tickets, but opted not to, you really missed something special! I’m keeping my fingers crossed that The Villages invites them back soon!
Old 05-26-2024, 08:45 AM

I was also at the Bon Jovi Tribute show last night and it was one of the best I've seen.
Old 05-26-2024, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,504 Times in 2,289 Posts

The CCR tribute band will be here again in August. They are also top notch. Already have my tickets.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-28-2024, 04:35 PM

I attend a lot of these tribute shows with The Savanah Center about a 5-minute cart ride. My favorite one was the Bee Gees that played several weeks ago. That one was also a little more expensive than usual. This Saturday, June 1, there will be a Neil Young concert. I've never attended one of his and wonder whether it can be done with the Godfather of Grunge being such a unique distorted sound. But I'm a big fan of his music.
There's only one show this Saturday 7pm and plenty of tickets left. They're offering a three for two.
Old 05-28-2024, 07:08 PM

Went last Thursday to see Clark Barios dedicate an entire show to Billy Joel. Absolutely outstanding.

Tags
i’ve, tribute, band, show, made

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.