Painted driveway

Closed Thread
Old 02-16-2012, 10:18 PM
Default Painted driveway

The house that we recently purchased came with an 11 year old painted driveway. We are not enamored with the color and style...does anyone out there have information on replacing the surface other than by pavers?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

got bids from 5 contractors reccomended over the past year on this forum. Amy Newsome was the best price and design as she will grind off the old pint and do a design of your choice. Pavers can break or come loose....

Amy She's great

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 02-17-2012, 07:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I feel so alone.

I would like to say that we are probably the only folks in all of The Villages, who probably won't have our driveway painted. It just feels like gilding a lily...or a camellia, or a gardenia or a lantana or a bouganvilla or a....you get the picture.

That doesn't mean that I haven't seen a lot of tasteful and lovely driveways. It just isn't something I want. I am satisfied with all of the surrounding beauty.

Is there anyone who agrees with me on this one? Probably not.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:50 AM

What is the cost to have your driveway painted?
Old 02-18-2012, 03:50 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I would like to say that we are probably the only folks in all of The Villages, who probably won't have our driveway painted. It just feels like gilding a lily...or a camellia, or a gardenia or a lantana or a bouganvilla or a....you get the picture.

That doesn't mean that I haven't seen a lot of tasteful and lovely driveways. It just isn't something I want. I am satisfied with all of the surrounding beauty.

Is there anyone who agrees with me on this one? Probably not.
I agree Gracie. Seems all the neighbors have asked me when we're having our driveway done. They seem surprised when I tell them we won't be having it done. Seems like it would just be one more thing to worry about. The plain concrete is just fine for us.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
I agree Gracie. Seems all the neighbors have asked me when we're having our driveway done. They seem surprised when I tell them we won't be having it done. Seems like it would just be one more thing to worry about. The plain concrete is just fine for us.
It's a personal choice, no right or wrong but painted driveways look nicer for sure.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
It's a personal choice, no right or wrong but painted driveways look nicer for sure.
Not always!!!!! In the older sections of TV where people had more freedom to "do their own thing", there are some tacky color choices with too many different driveway colors and textures in one street. In the area of Tierra del Sol, I saw one where the designer (stucco) home is blueish, and the driveway is the same blueish color with darker blueish framing detail. Blueish driveway????? Not a good idea, especially for reselling it.

Recently, CYV's south of 466 started getting driveways coated/painted, but ONLY with the standard neutral color(s) approved by the architectural review committee.

The chosen, approved colors are bland and subtle enough so that if some homeowners chose not to do it, their bare concrete is not noticeable compared to the coated ones on the same street. These look fine, but it's not really necessary unless a driveway has stubborn stains (apparently some tall palms drop black stuff and stain....not sure about all that).

Sometimes the discussions of this go on and on....maybe because some have too much time/money on their hands.

I have heard good things about Amy who does this...she was mentioned above.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.