Palm Rats

Old 05-15-2024, 06:58 AM
Default Palm Rats

I have seen none...but....a relative put in a bid on a villa, the bid was accepted and an inspection took place. Unfortunately, the attic was infested with Palm Rats. All of the insulation had to be replaced.....significant damage...over $ 10,000 to remediate. Not including removing all of the trees and shrubs that attract these critters. And my relative found out that a local pest control company had been treating the problem for several years. So the seller knew AND their Agent knew, yet never disclosed the problem.....how dishonest is that. Buyer Beware! Obviously, our relatives passed on this property. Palm Rats.....who knew...
Old 05-15-2024, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,030 Times in 2,520 Posts

For us that have palms Removing the seed pods when ever they open up or before (in my case I have the ability to do that) takes away food source and they will go down street. As for rats in attic they have to get in somewhere? Lucky the pre-house inspector found that? If I had palms over 18 feet I just have them removed cause too tall for home owner to prune. IMO for us that has palms IMO it’s cheaper to remove them if have to have service come and prune them. I only tolerate mine cause they offer shade in afternoon and I can prune them. I also bug bomb my attic every few months, bug bombs kills anything that breathes air.
Old 05-15-2024, 08:16 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,217 Times in 768 Posts

Palm rats are around, i've seem them only at night, walking around some villages.

Tags
palm, knew, rats, problem, bid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.