Parade

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2012, 11:11 AM
Veteran member
Default Parade

VERY excited! The day of our visit has finally arrived (tomorrow). Can someone tell me the specifics of the parade, so we can plan for it?

Thanks!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanabanana73 View Post
VERY excited! The day of our visit has finally arrived (tomorrow). Can someone tell me the specifics of the parade, so we can plan for it?

Thanks!
Parade, what parade?
Old 03-15-2012, 11:46 AM
Gold member

Both squares, better get there VERY early if you want to be in front row. Pepole will be there Friday AM at dawn marking off chairs and tables for parade viewing. Two ways to approach this...either join 'em or if they are not there at 3:55 sit in their chairs! It's VERY chaotic but alot of fun.
Old 03-15-2012, 02:03 PM
Sage
Smile

Quote:

Thanks!
The parade starts at 4:00 PM. If you need a good place to put your chairs or park your golf cart (so you can watch while sitting in your cart) you need to arrive early. However, the last time I went, I arrived just a few minutes early by car and I found a place to park. Then I watched the parade standing up. I also walked around a lot too.

Standing and walking is part of my plan to help make The Villages America's healthiest hometown. Think health!

Old 03-15-2012, 02:53 PM
Veteran member

I think our actual plan will be to stay away from the parades, so I needed to know about times. After the parade, will the squares have their normal evening entertainment?

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-15-2012, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I think our actual plan will be to stay away from the parades, so I needed to know about times. After the parade, will the squares have their normal evening entertainment?
If it's like years past it will be pretty much chaos and pandomonium at both squares all evening.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Yup. Normal. Regular o' normal....
Old 03-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Gold member

Last year we (2 couples) arrived early, around 3 P.M. and found all chairs to be roped off. This was really a good thing for us. We just helped ourselves to 4 chairs which had been reserved. Nice of these folks to provide seats for us.
Old 03-15-2012, 08:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Last year we (2 couples) arrived early, around 3 P.M. and found all chairs to be roped off. This was really a good thing for us. We just helped ourselves to 4 chairs which had been reserved. Nice of these folks to provide seats for us.
YOU BADDDDDDDD!!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2012, 02:16 AM

bluedog 103 did the correct thing. If I get to the square tonight and see seats roped off and no one seating in them I will definitly consider them mine. NO SAVING OF SEATS!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:56 AM
Gold member

My plan exactly, we will sit in unoccupied seats ! You know what happens, people who roped seats off forget exactly where they roped off their seats, get confused, don't approach anyone and so they stand. Sorry.
Old 03-16-2012, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

I'm with the previous posters!! Empty roped off seats that are unoccupied are fair game! I thank those that took the time and trouble to reserve these seats for me and my guests. If all Villagers follow this policy, then the amount of "reserved" seats will diminish.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.