Is parking 15+ golf carts with 4-sale signs on your driveway & lawn permitted?

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2019, 05:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

We didn't buy in The Villages to have the neighbor from Hell living next door like we did in Tennessee. Our old neighborhood was a good area until a local realtor bought the house next door to us. The renter that lived there before current one let his grass grow to knee height and cars came and went all night. We suspected he was running a "business" there also and after a couple visits by the sheriff's department we figured our thoughts were correct. Luckily the property management company kicked that family out and the current renter maintains the property very well. Do you really think a prospective buyer would have believed that it wasn't a problem having a jungle next door to the house they were looking at? Do you really think we would have gotten a full price offer? If I was looking at a home to purchase in that village and saw that collection of carts, I would have told the realtor to just forget that area and go to the next one. If that was your house that lost a potential sale, would you still think that it wasn't a problem?
Old 05-05-2019, 07:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

No worse than some that have a so called garage sale every other week
Old 05-05-2019, 11:19 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

I can't believe this disgrace wasn't nipped in the bud by the appropriate authorities.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 05-06-2019, 01:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
We didn't buy in The Villages to have the neighbor from Hell living next door like we did in Tennessee. Our old neighborhood was a good area until a local realtor bought the house next door to us. The renter that lived there before current one let his grass grow to knee height and cars came and went all night. We suspected he was running a "business" there also and after a couple visits by the sheriff's department we figured our thoughts were correct. Luckily the property management company kicked that family out and the current renter maintains the property very well. Do you really think a prospective buyer would have believed that it wasn't a problem having a jungle next door to the house they were looking at? Do you really think we would have gotten a full price offer? If I was looking at a home to purchase in that village and saw that collection of carts, I would have told the realtor to just forget that area and go to the next one. If that was your house that lost a potential sale, would you still think that it wasn't a problem?
That is the point I was trying to make, only you said it a lot better, Number 10 GI.
Old 05-06-2019, 04:39 AM

You cannot run a business from your home, you should notify the powers that be.
Old 05-06-2019, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
I can't believe this disgrace wasn't nipped in the bud by the appropriate authorities.
It sounds like it was over before anyone had the chance to stop it. It was a 2-day event that occurs once a year, supposedly.
Old 05-06-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Yeah, but just because "we're having a dinner party at our house and 12 out of 19 guests came here with their own golf carts so they're lined up on our front yard for the evening" doesn't equate to a yard sale of used vehicles with signs posted. Plus, they wouldn't be parked on the yard, they'd be on the streets.

I think I know what tacky means.

Even garage sales in The Villages are limited to just that--your garage. Nothing is supposed to be in the driveway or anyplace other than the garage.

TV has its own definition of tacky, and the restrictions we sign up for are preventative. Although I don't know what the restrictions are in your area, I believe this area was south of your area.

If there's stuff like this all over the place in people's yards all the time, it is going to lower the home values. What I'm saying is that if one person gets away with it, it encourages others, and pretty soon things could get out of hand. I signed the restrictions; I'm sticking with them. I want my neighborhood and TV to be free of the ugly stuff.
I agree with your sentiments exactly.
There are a number of homeowners (whose rear houses face major streets like Pinellas and Hillsborough) that put their carts for sale on their back lawns. Community Standards is lax in enforcing this deed restriction. These homeowners also exhibit their carts on the weekends since they know the inspectors do not work on weekends and therefore cannot catch them...it starts as a trickle...
Old 05-29-2019, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
It sounds like it was over before anyone had the chance to stop it. It was a 2-day event that occurs once a year, supposedly.

It's back ... Part Duex. Looks like once a month. Last month there were 17 carts for sale on the lawn, I think the lawn sign on the corner of O'Dell says today (and tomorrow) 10 carts for sale. Guess he sold 7 last month. Waiting for one of those long wind machine driven waving signs to appear over the surrounding homes.
Old 05-29-2019, 02:50 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
It's back ... Part Duex. Looks like once a month. Last month there were 17 carts for sale on the lawn, I think the lawn sign on the corner of O'Dell says today (and tomorrow) 10 carts for sale. Guess he sold 7 last month. Waiting for one of those long wind machine driven waving signs to appear over the surrounding homes.

Oh man.

Not good.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:06 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
Well, I guess my question is - Are you calling authorities about this?
Old 05-29-2019, 03:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Well, I guess my question is - Are you calling authorities about this?
Somebody should. This is more serious than a "ride around in my golf cart with a clipboard and write down flamingos in the front yard" issue.
Old 05-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Take a picture and show it to management. It's just not right for him to subject the neighborhood to that.
Old 05-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazuela View Post
Where did this info come from?
Old 05-29-2019, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladimir View Post
I agree with your sentiments exactly.
There are a number of homeowners (whose rear houses face major streets like Pinellas and Hillsborough) that put their carts for sale on their back lawns. Community Standards is lax in enforcing this deed restriction. These homeowners also exhibit their carts on the weekends since they know the inspectors do not work on weekends and therefore cannot catch them...it starts as a trickle...
This is all so wrong...…………...
Old 05-29-2019, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
Take a picture and show it to management. It's just not right for him to subject the neighborhood to that.
That's not how it works.

Tags
lawn, sale, cart, golf, driveway

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.