parking at ss square?

Closed Thread
Old 04-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

I foresee another great point of bitter contention if the possible "parking problem" really does come to pass. Orange cones appearing days before an event "roping off" select parking areas for those thinking they are entitled to such things. Games of bumper bluff and bumper tag in the parking lots will make the show in the parking lots better than in the theater; even more fun than watching the action in the roundabouts, I can hardly wait.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:20 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
This is exciting with remodel of Katie balls, new Morse ctr etc... Does anyone know about parking yet? I imagine we'll need quite a bit with the square, movies, shops, restaurants, Katie balls and our new theater
there's plenty of parking if you are willing to also use your feet, don't confuse laziness for a lack of parking. The Barnes & nobles lot often has many spots at Sumter but the whiners don't want to walk at all.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim 9922 View Post
So what's wrong with walking a couple of blocks. After all we are suppose to be "America's Healthiest Hometown". And if we aren't yet, walking a few blocks every so often will help.
amen
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TidalWalkers View Post
love the idea of making all parking on Spanish Springs for golf carts with an appropriate number of car handicap spots. Brilliant! Hope it happens!!!
Not a solution at all. There are not enough spaces no matter how many there are. Before long we would have people saving handicap spaces somehow.

First come first served.
The later you are the further you walk.
Reality of everywhere else on the planet.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:33 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakel View Post
I would like to see ALL parking on the streets around the commercial area of all three squares to be "golf cart only", with the exception of a few handicapped spots. You can fit 5 golf carts in the space of one car. All cars would be parked behind the stores in the parking lots. Only 2 golf carts can be parked in a regular parking spot behind the stores. I also think this would look nicer too. Just an idea, but I am sure it's not original.
And what about the handicap people that have to bring their car ?
Old 04-03-2015, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
They should put those spots close to the entrance near the elevator.
Old 04-03-2015, 02:55 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
Amen, Bonny! And what about the folks who have no golf cart and can't afford to buy one - they should rent one for the event? Golf carters here seem to think they are the entitled!

Old 04-03-2015, 06:30 PM

I'm really warming to the idea of having golf cart only parking just on the square at SS. But it needs to come with some of the other ideas offered here --handicapped parking at the elevator entrance, shuttles to and from the outlying parking areas and nearby rec centers, and valet parking. If one can pay $150 for a ticket, $10 or so to get valet parking at the door seems quite reasonable to me!

Old 04-03-2015, 07:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member

OK, we have not even experienced this possible problem yet. Why not wait and see how it works out? I'm certain the developer is aware there may be a problem and is working toward a solution. Let's give it a chance before we start screaming foul. Oh, and btw, the county must always approve a structure based on number of parking spaces available so The Sharon must be in compliance with county standards.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:09 PM
Veteran member

so many of you are quick to say "don't be lazy and walk 4 or 5 blocks". This is well and good if you are physically able. There is a shortage of handicapped spots at the town centers. The suggestion of cart only & handicapped parking only around the squares is a good one.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:34 PM
Gold member

Regardless of changing parking needs with the addition of The Sharon etc.:

For example, TVRH hospital runs long golf cart shuttles around in the parking lots and to/from the hospital. I think cart shuttles or trolley bus shuttles running from the outlying parking areas of the square are needed and would be welcomed.

That would encourage peole to park farther out, knowing they have a ride to/from the center to the town square.
Old 04-03-2015, 10:46 PM
Sage

Who's going to pay for shuttles and drivers? Is this a pay and ride thing? I wouldn't want my amenities fees to pay for it. Would you have to show your Village ID?
Old 04-04-2015, 06:30 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coach View Post
I enjoy the car cruise in each month at SS. there are thousands of people there and I always find a parking place. I think you are creating a problem that doesn't exist.
The first parking test will probably be April 18th. You all living here know what happens the third Saturday of the month in SS town square. The show at The Sharon that evening is "THE KING AND I". How appropriate.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
The first parking test will probably be April 18th. You all living here know what happens the third Saturday of the month in SS town square. The show at The Sharon that evening is "THE KING AND I". How appropriate.

May his majesty rest in peace and blessings abound on his heirs.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:12 AM
Sage

Hmmmmm...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.