Parking at Sumter Landing

Closed Thread
Old 12-01-2014, 07:38 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Parking at Sumter Landing

To the person who left me the nasty note last night. The parking spaces are wide enough to hold 2 golf carts side by side. When I parked my wheels were up against the curb which means IF you had parked correctly YOU should have had more then enough room to get out. There was NO need for your nasty note. Especially during this time of the year we ALL need to park the correct way. JMO
Old 12-01-2014, 07:43 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Sorry about mean people. Most of us are nice! Cars take up too much parking. Maybe the area around the squares should be carts only?
Old 12-01-2014, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Sorry about mean people. Most of us are nice! Cars take up too much parking. Maybe the area around the squares should be carts only?
epper2 :
Old 12-01-2014, 08:49 AM
Gold member

Someone actually took the time to write a nasty note about parking. That person needs to get a grip.
Old 12-01-2014, 09:01 AM

They need to start putting the vendors out in the back parking lots to open up the parking for people that want to go to the square to see the entertainment.been down here for 5 years and they haven't changed the vendors. Same vendors are mostly at Marion Market. People will go to the vendors if they want. Plenty of parking back there also. Too many market nights. Maybe hold one every two weeks. Should also hold the farmers market out back in the parking area over at Brownwood. Would save a lot of walking. Just an idea from someone that's handicapped and doesn't go to the entertainment because of the parking the vendors take up. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat......
Old 12-01-2014, 09:15 AM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow1 View Post
They need to start putting the vendors out in the back parking lots to open up the parking for people that want to go to the square to see the entertainment.been down here for 5 years and they haven't changed the vendors. Same vendors are mostly at Marion Market. People will go to the vendors if they want. Plenty of parking back there also. Too many market nights. Maybe hold one every two weeks. Should also hold the farmers market out back in the parking area over at Brownwood. Would save a lot of walking. Just an idea from someone that's handicapped and doesn't go to the entertainment because of the parking the vendors take up. I'm sure there are a lot of people in the same boat......
We all know the parking is inadequate at the squares, but I think to limit it to golf carts only is unfair to those of us who don't have golf carts. However, the only time I ever park on the square is during the early morning or late night hours, rest of the time, I'm behind the squares in larger parking lots. So, in a way, I agree with your statement.

Secondly, I've been saying the same thing about vendor parking for the past 6 years. They should be made to park in outlying lots after they unload their goods. Having those spaces taken up just eliminates more customers from viewing their goods, they would actually benefit from this change, IMHO.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-01-2014, 10:15 AM
Sage

Maybe the person who left the nasty note is extra-large.
I was scolded once for parking a little bit crooked at our mailbox. The extra-large scolder said "It'd be nice if you only took one parking space!"
I replied "it'd be nice if you only took one seat!"
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 12-01-2014, 10:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeV View Post
Someone actually took the time to write a nasty note about parking. That person needs to get a grip.
Last summer I had guests staying at my home for a few days . They took my cart to LSL.

Someone did not like the way they parked and actually left a printed complaint on the cart .

Wish that I would have saved it . This person had actually gone to the trouble of having parking complaint cards printed up !
Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

The person who left the notes (pre-printed and otherwise) is certainly making a big leap in logic. I have never seen it written that golf carts MUST part two to a spot. That is a common courtesy that has been adopted by the good people of The Villages.
Old 12-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Sage

IMHO - People who post nasty notes on cars/carts have something else going on in their life, they are upset about. Maybe we should feel sorry for them.

On the other hand, maybe they should realize, it's not that important.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-01-2014, 12:57 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
The person who left the notes (pre-printed and otherwise) is certainly making a big leap in logic. I have never seen it written that golf carts MUST part two to a spot. That is a common courtesy that has been adopted by the good people of The Villages.
Personally, I think that there should be an article in the Daily Sun once a month that shows parking two carts in a car slot so that everyone gets the idea. It is frustrating to start to pull into a slot with a cart and find out that they parked in the middle of the slot.

There should also be an article about carts sharing a regular car slot in the parallel parking slots at the square. If a cart back into one of those slots properly, you can get four carts in a slot. Some park with enough room for half a cart between them, limiting the room to two or three carts.

Sorry- just venting.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

And of course I assume neither note was signed. Another cowardly approach from ignorance.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-01-2014, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by zcaveman View Post
Personally, I think that there should be an article in the Daily Sun once a month that shows parking two carts in a car slot so that everyone gets the idea. It is frustrating to start to pull into a slot with a cart and find out that they parked in the middle of the slot.

There should also be an article about carts sharing a regular car slot in the parallel parking slots at the square. If a cart back into one of those slots properly, you can get four carts in a slot. Some park with enough room for half a cart between them, limiting the room to two or three carts.
Sorry- just venting.
Z
You're 100% right. One of the reasons for driving a cart is for ease of finding a parking spot. When people take the whole space for themselves they are inconsiderate and eliminate another parking spot for others.
Old 12-01-2014, 05:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indydealmaker View Post
I have discovered that there seems to be a large number of " unwritten " but apparently "official " rules here in the Villages .
Also plenty on this site as anyone who dares Post much on here will soon discover when they are " admonished " by the few but ever alert " self- appointed censors ".
Old 12-01-2014, 06:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
maybe the person who left the nasty note is extra-large.
I was scolded once for parking a little bit crooked at our mailbox. The extra-large scolder said "it'd be nice if you only took one parking space!"
i replied "it'd be nice if you only took one seat!"
ouch!!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.