party at bonifay cc

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
In this crisis, Federal, State, and local governments must dictate to people how they should act. The United States will be decimated (in the true meaning of the word) if people feel this is totally overdone. Each person needs to follow directives and "be around" as small a number of people as possible. The stuation in Florida is bad and getting worse because of the wishy-washy response from the governor. Self distance and stay home.
Governor DeSantis just ordered a cruise ship with dying and dead people not to dock in Florida.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:48 AM
Platinum member
Default True, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie vohs View Post
I AGREE, DONT IMPOSE YOUR FEELING REGARDING THIS VIRUS ON ME. I THINK ITS ALSO OVER THE TOP. I can die just as easily driving down Buena Vista in a car accident.
Problem with your reasoning is you can also unknowingly cause other innocent people to die if you pass the virus on.
Old 03-30-2020, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by village dreamer View Post
to the 20 plus people who had the 40th party in back of bonifay cc today at 2pm. you people did not keep the 6 feet away, I hope no one gets sick because of you.
What is wrong with those people. Call security if you see other parties. I don't care if they get sick. I worry about the innocent bystanders who comes in contact with the virus they are carrying. How many innocent people are getting this because of selfish ignorant people?
Old 03-30-2020, 12:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
Problem with your reasoning is you can also unknowingly cause other innocent people to die if you pass the virus on.
Just as you could kill other innocent people if your accident causes your car to veer off onto the MMP?
Old 03-30-2020, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
how do you know who those people were? why is it your business to check in & report on your neighbors?
Remember Gladys

bewitched nosy neighbor meme - Google Search
Old 03-30-2020, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
Perhaps they were family. I don't "distance" myself from my spouse. Let's not get hysterical.
😱 sure hope you two aren’t touching 🤦🏻*♀️ Just ribbing you - trying time add a bit of humor 😊
Old 03-30-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by devorejh View Post
You can’t dictate to other people how they should act. If some people had a party it’s their business. This is still the United States of America. Many of us feel this is being totally overdone. Each person has to decide for themselves who or how many people they want to be around.
Please give us your name, home address, and your cell phone coordinates so we can track you and ensure that none of us are within 6 feet of you, or touch any surface you have touched, during this period of "mah freedums."

Thanks.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

I find it interesting that a lot of the posters here advocating "Stay Home", are spending a fair amount of time driving around, documenting other people's transgressions, including taking photos.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
I find it interesting that a lot of the posters here advocating "Stay Home", are spending a fair amount of time driving around, documenting other people's transgressions, including taking photos.
They're not advocating "stay home." They're advocating "stop grouping up" and "maintain a social distance with people who don't live with you."

Driving around is not grouping up, and it does maintain a social distance. Standing on the sidelines while observing people across a country club side-yard is not grouping up, and it does maintain a social distance.

Taking photos does not require grouping up, and cameras have zoom features so it's very easy to maintain a social distance while taking photographs.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Can you spell H-Y-P-O-C-R-I-S-Y ?????

It's sort of like Hollywood celebrities flying around the world in private jets to lecture others to reduce their carbon footprint.

On the other hand, they might just be driving around to find a store with TP so they can add to their supply of 500 rolls.
Old 03-30-2020, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflash245 View Post
developers are money grubbers
New basher in town.
Old 03-30-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

in the immortal words of Forest Gump "Stupid is what stupid does"....or in the cowboy vernacular "ya can lead a horse to water, but you can't make 'em drink"...

some folks like to push the envelope...not a big risk usually...but it is when it comes to covid-19...and selfish behavior is a risk to all of us

there seems to be this 'damn the torpedo's, full speed ahead' mentality for a lot of folks....I have my rights, you can't tell me what to do....yup, ya do have your rights, and while you're at it chose the funeral home ya wanna use too...

your "oops, sorry" is worthless if you are part of the problems spreading this virus
Old 03-30-2020, 02:47 PM

The same reason you can't allow people to drink and drive, or a building having a maximum capacity due to fire codes. BECAUSE YOU ARE PUTTING PEOPLE AT RISK!!! All it takes is just one person at that party to spread it to one or more persons from that party, who then the next day goes to the supermarket, etc. and gives it to 10 more people and so on.....
Old 03-30-2020, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie vohs View Post
I AGREE, DONT IMPOSE YOUR FEELING REGARDING THIS VIRUS ON ME. I THINK ITS ALSO OVER THE TOP. I can die just as easily driving down Buena Vista in a car accident.
And share your virus with the first responders and hospital staff that have to take care of your dead body. This isnt about you. Its about everyone
Old 03-30-2020, 04:12 PM
Sage

If you are in your car glancing at stupidity, you are social distancing, by @ least 30'--when it hits the fan in The Villages in the next two weeks--you were warned
Closed Thread

Tags
party, people, bonifay, sick, hope

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.