patio concrete covering options CYV

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2023, 03:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts
Default patio concrete covering options CYV

We would like to cover the concrete patio of our courtyard villa with something to make it more attractive. I would like to just do the "allowed" covering for the driveway and take it to the patio as well, with some kind of decorative edging.

My husband would like to explore other options. This would be for the patio only, since only one kind of covering is allowed for the driveway.

What have others done on their patio?
Old 06-23-2023, 04:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

If you are referring to the front patio, some people have screened it in. Apparently, it is allowed in courtyard villas.
Old 06-23-2023, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

IMHO, I would contact ARC to see what is allowed for your location. If you are looking at 'painting' or similar, make sure that an anti-slip additive is included in the final coat, paint and similar coating can be very slippery when wet. We had our driveway 'painted' around 8 years ago by Driveways by Jay, and he used a XYLENE based concrete stain that still looks great after 8 years, and NO resealing.
Old 06-23-2023, 09:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
We would like to cover the concrete patio of our courtyard villa with something to make it more attractive. I would like to just do the "allowed" covering for the driveway and take it to the patio as well, with some kind of decorative edging.

My husband would like to explore other options. This would be for the patio only, since only one kind of covering is allowed for the driveway.

What have others done on their patio?
Have you tried looking at the pictures of preowned homes that are currently for sale? Maybe, you will see something you like or something that sparks your imagination.
Old 06-23-2023, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

We did river rock in our lanai, so nice to walk barefoot on. Had to get arc approval, not a big deal. We had approval for the side concrete slab, but choose not to do it

Tags
concrete, covering, driveway, options, patio

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.