Patio Door Warranty ?

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Default Patio Door Warranty ?

Very strange site this morning. Our patio door glass has a 1000 cracks on the inside pane. Luckily it is still together. Does anyone know how long of a warranty they're covered for? Thanks.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
Very strange site this morning. Our patio door glass has a 1000 cracks on the inside pane. Luckily it is still together. Does anyone know how long of a warranty they're covered for? Thanks.
Hi,

Call the warranty dept @ 753-6222 and give them your lot number and they will be able to help you. We just had work done on ours and ours has a 10 yr warranty. Good Luck!!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trish65 View Post
Hi,

Call the warranty dept @ 753-6222 and give them your lot number and they will be able to help you. We just had work done on ours and ours has a 10 yr warranty. Good Luck!!
How old were your patio doors, and what happened? I just called the warranty dept and talked with a supervisor. He gave me the impression that there is only a one year warranty, and said it would be $150 to replace it. But, then he said he would do more checking on it and call me back. We'll see what the answer is when he calls back. The house is only six years old!
Old 01-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Default Patio Door

My villa was built in 2005 and the glass door has moisture between the glass.
You can't see out the door it is so bad. Please let me know what happens with the warranty dept. Thanks.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Follow up to our door problem. Seems our patio door only had a one year warranty (hard to believe it's so short). After a call to the warranty dept, a glass contractor for TV came out to the house to size up the problem. He said he could either replace the glass if he had the right size and tint, or that he might have a complete door at the shop. He did find a spare patio door in his warehouse and installed it a few day later for $75. Thank God the old cracked one stayed together long enough until he got it out to his truck.
Old 01-14-2013, 10:56 PM

Quote:
How old were your patio doors, and what happened? I just called the warranty dept and talked with a supervisor. He gave me the impression that there is only a one year warranty, and said it would be $150 to replace it. But, then he said he would do more checking on it and call me back. We'll see what the answer is when he calls back. The house is only six years old!
Our doors are only 2 yrs old and are under warranty for 10 yrs, so not sure why the supervisor told you it would cost anything? Nothing major wasn't wrong with our doors...they just wouldn't lock properly and there was something going on with the track below. But it was all fixed under warranty.
Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Normally patio doors do carry a 10 year warranty from the door manfacturer BUT that would only cover the door itself...... The Village Warranty may be good for 1-2 years (door and labor), but after that I suspect you can get a door(under warranty) from the Manufacturer but it would still cost you the have the old door removed, disposed of and the new door replaced
Old 01-15-2013, 11:47 AM
Sage

Easy diy project...same brand door in and out...1/2 hour. Old door out for trash pickup
Old 01-15-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Easy diy project...same brand door in and out...1/2 hour. Old door out for trash pickup
Follow up to our door problem. Seems our patio door only had a one year warranty (hard to believe it's so short). After a call to the warranty dept, a glass contractor for TV came out to the house to size up the problem. He said he could either replace the glass if he had the right size and tint, or that he might have a complete door at the shop. He did find a spare patio door in his warehouse and installed it a few day later for $75. Thank God the old cracked one stayed together long enough until he got it out to his truck.

Yep, it's an easy DIY, and I generally do everything around the house myself. But for $75 it was an easier HSEDI (have someone else do it)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.