People caring about people

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2013, 09:16 AM
Sage
Default People caring about people

I must say, I was just reading the "thank you's" in today's paper and I thought I would also agree with people saying how caring others are in this community. I have never lived in such a community where your friends and neighbors are so willing to help if needed, where they genuinely care about how you are feeling or how your day is going. If you are feeling under the weather they are right there to pick up the slack. It feels really good to live in a tight knit community, even though it is a large one, where people care. Bravo to good people of The Villages!!!! You make our house feel like a home.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,338 Times in 2,062 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
I must say, I was just reading the "thank you's" in today's paper and I thought I would also agree with people saying how caring others are in this community. I have never lived in such a community where your friends and neighbors are so willing to help if needed, where they genuinely care about how you are feeling or how your day is going. If you are feeling under the weather they are right there to pick up the slack. It feels really good to live in a tight knit community, even though it is a large one, where people care. Bravo to good people of The Villages!!!! You make our house feel like a home.
I agree with you there. For the most part, the people in the Villages have been very forthcoming in offering help to anyone who looks like they might need it with usually no expectation of benefit for this help. I have found this at Doggie Doo Run Run, in my neighborhood, on TOTV, and elsewhere as well. They even have very friendly police officers from my experiences (very limited to my car breaking down a few years ago and my mentioning my work as a survivor of crimes' advocate in a Thank You letter for the roadside assistance).
Old 02-17-2013, 09:39 AM
Sage

People who need people, are the luckiest people in the world.

Barbra Streisand - People - YouTube

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.