People’s Commissioner Miller Reinstated

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2024, 06:59 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Might be so. But it makes me wonder.... if an increase in the impact fee would have made no difference to the developer then why did he pack the meeting rooms to resist it, have so many articles written against it, and arrange for the State Legislature to block it? He could have simply sat back while the tiny, little commissioners played their games then laughed when it had no effect.
Fair point
IMO....you had an elected slate of ‘anti’ developer(ment). If you were the founder and CEO of any company and had a majority of your board controlling the direction of said business....when you’re used to rubber stamps and allies among you....the actions (while I disagree with them)....were a ‘justifiable’ response in his eyes. I think if the developer had his druthers....in hindsight, he would have done things dramatically different.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,556 Times in 2,147 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker View Post
Sorry, but as his record shows, he and his 2 cronies were Democrats who couldn't elected with their left-wing politics, so switched to Republican since they knew most people wouldn't know their history. I don't trust this guy for a minute.
Again, to me this says more about the voters than the candidates.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 05-22-2024, 07:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Good. Wish he didn't have to do it.

Regardless of the charges, Miller is a LIAR. He was a lifelong member of one party who switched in order to get elected. To me, this means he wanted to force his policies and philosophies down the throats of a community that would never have elected him to do so. And even then he only got elected on the basis of a campaign to "roll back the 25% tax increase and screw 'the developer'", neither of which would ever happen. Just proves how ignorant the electorate can be as soon as a politician dangles $$$$ in front of them.
Your last sentence describes most elections GE.

Most of these posters either sleep through an election, don’t vote at all or simply do what their respective spouse/partner tells them to do. Politicians know their electorate, purged voter lists are a matter of public record . They put their resources towards the informed and don’t waste a dime or energy on the fellowship of the miserable. The ‘EMS’ slate did their homework, identified their supporters and brought them home (ballot box). As your grandkids or Stalin would say....don’t hate the player, hate the game!
Old 05-22-2024, 07:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,732 Times in 3,195 Posts

Quote:
Good. Wish he didn't have to do it.

Regardless of the charges, Miller is a LIAR. He was a lifelong member of one party who switched in order to get elected. To me, this means he wanted to force his policies and philosophies down the throats of a community that would never have elected him to do so. And even then he only got elected on the basis of a campaign to "roll back the 25% tax increase and screw 'the developer'", neither of which would ever happen. Just proves how ignorant the electorate can be as soon as a politician dangles $$$$ in front of them.
Lots of politicians switch parties in order to get elected. The guy who became president in 2016 is one, he was a repeat switch-hitter. Started unaffiliated, then went to Republican from 1987-1999. He declared as Reform in 1999. In 2001 he switched to Democratic for 8 years. Then he went back to Republican for two years, switched to Independent for a year in 2011,then back to Republican.

If "switched parties in order to get elected" was a criteria for NOT voting for someone - well that guy wouldn't have been president at all.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,732 Times in 3,195 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Might be so. But it makes me wonder.... if an increase in the impact fee would have made no difference to the developer then why did he pack the meeting rooms to resist it, have so many articles written against it, and arrange for the State Legislature to block it? He could have simply sat back while the tiny, little commissioners played their games then laughed when it had no effect.
It's called lip service, politics, and power. People in power do what they do, because they can do it. And to make sure everyone knows that. That's how they become powerful, and it's how they stay that way. The media, the state legislature, the commissioners, they're all just pawns. The Developer owns the chessboard.
Old 05-22-2024, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,415 Times in 5,508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Fair point
IMO....you had an elected slate of ‘anti’ developer(ment). If you were the founder and CEO of any company and had a majority of your board controlling the direction of said business....when you’re used to rubber stamps and allies among you....the actions (while I disagree with them)....were a ‘justifiable’ response in his eyes. I think if the developer had his druthers....in hindsight, he would have done things dramatically different.
Guess he knew this was going to happen and to prevent questions about this in his recent talk to his villagers, he decided he had a conflict and stayed away.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,130 Times in 4,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Lots of politicians switch parties in order to get elected. The guy who became president in 2016 is one, he was a repeat switch-hitter. Started unaffiliated, then went to Republican from 1987-1999. He declared as Reform in 1999. In 2001 he switched to Democratic for 8 years. Then he went back to Republican for two years, switched to Independent for a year in 2011,then back to Republican.

If "switched parties in order to get elected" was a criteria for NOT voting for someone - well that guy wouldn't have been president at all.
I don't necessarily disagree. If someone's philosophy "evolves", one way or the other, and they are committed to it, fine. But to do so simply to deceive the electorate is a different story.
Old 05-22-2024, 08:23 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,193 Times in 595 Posts

Quote:
I don't necessarily disagree. If someone's philosophy "evolves", one way or the other, and they are committed to it, fine. But to do so simply to deceive the electorate is a different story.
Exactly, I can think of one recent Florida governor and a quote from president #44 saying he “evolved”.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-22-2024, 08:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Exactly, I can think of one recent Florida governor and a quote from president #44 saying he “evolved”.
Lots of us evolve as we get older and change our way of thinking.

Many years ago as a college student I was very liberal in my thinking, as I grew older and learned more about the workings of the world I evolved to the other side
Old 05-22-2024, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post

Many years ago as a college student I was very liberal in my thinking, as I grew older and learned more about the workings of the world I evolved to the other side
I just read an article about this, as we age (gain wisdom) we become more conservative. A few start out as liberal and stay that way but they are the minority. I'm not sure I agree with some of what they found but it's an interesting read.

There Are Two Americas, and Age Is the Divider | Chicago Booth Review
Old 05-22-2024, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,193 Times in 595 Posts
Default Not Evolving

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post

If you don’t evolve, you are likely dead. Not being open to inputs and ideas makes the so called tolerant very intolerant of others. It is also a clear sign of the uneducated in society who can only talk, but never listen. The real shameful position in society are those who don’t evolve and just cement to their stick in the mud.

“Everyone may not be good, but there's always something good in everyone. Never judge anyone shortly because every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.” - Oscar Wilde
Old 05-22-2024, 08:53 AM
Gold member

Quote:
GE....c’mon man. Again, if one chooses to believe in a candidates rhetoric.....without peeling back the layers and initiating some due diligence.....that’s on them. I wish you’d start humanizing politicians and instead demonize the electorate!

* btw...I still love you! Lol
Old 05-22-2024, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,130 Times in 4,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
GE....c’mon man. Again, if one chooses to believe in a candidates rhetoric.....without peeling back the layers and initiating some due diligence.....that’s on them. I wish you’d start humanizing politicians and instead demonize the electorate!

* btw...I still love you! Lol
I'm not so sure I would relieve the electorate of responsibility. Look at yesterday's vote to replace a certain Orlando city councilperson. My reaction was that the position should have been filled by appointment---Orange County or Orlando City mayor. My reasoning is that an electorate stupid enough to elect that person in the first place is too stupid to choose a replacement
Old 05-22-2024, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
I'm not so sure I would relieve the electorate of responsibility. Look at yesterday's vote to replace a certain Orlando city councilperson. My reaction was that the position should have been filled by appointment---Orange County or Orlando City mayor. My reasoning is that an electorate stupid enough to elect that person in the first place is too stupid to choose a replacement
You’re making my point kind sir!
Old 05-22-2024, 09:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
As a famous man has said, some people are just low information voters.
Closed Thread

Tags
commissioner, miller, people’s, railroaded, tripped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.