People’s Commissioner Miller Reinstated

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2024, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,260 Times in 2,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Did the Governor do wrong???..............didn't he remove a convicted felon??

(asking for a friend)
He did absolutely nothing wrong if it’s not wrong to utilize his power to sick the states attorney generals office on someone to institute an unnecessary which hunt when one of his largest financial supporters tugged on his strings. If he could only put that kind of effort and taxpayers resources towards trying to find viable solutions to the states ever growing homeowners insurance problems? And if he did nothing wrong, Miller wouldn’t have gotten reinstated as commissioner. I feel sorry for both commissioners who have been needlessly put through this because of his actions.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,260 Times in 2,831 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
And reinstated Miller after discovering the removal was the governor’s error. Good for the governor to admit he was wrong.
He never admitted he was wrong. He only reinstated Miller because he had to, and he most certainly didn’t enjoy having to do it.
Old 05-20-2024, 04:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Apparently some forms of political discussion ARE allowable on TOTV.
I thought I read a couple of years ago that local politics, and I thought that meant local to TV, was allowed to be discussed. I'm not sure about state politics.

Has anyone else read that?
Old 05-20-2024, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,429 Times in 2,424 Posts

Quote:
The promising boys came out and said they would reverse the property tax increase if elected.
The impact fee increase that you say was a "large increase" would not even put a dent in reversing the 25% increase in property taxes.....even if the so called large increase stayed in place.

They ran on a promise to reverse the 25% but had no idea how to do it.

What they LEARNED is they did not know how to reverse the 25% increase.
Wondering if any part of “they” learned how county government works…….during their time out?
Old 05-20-2024, 07:07 PM

No matter which side of politics you’re on, you have to admit the Governor showed a lot of class by reversing himself.

Don Wiley also showed what he is made of by graciously stepping down. It will be an interesting election in more ways than one.
Old 05-20-2024, 07:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,686 Times in 3,174 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shipping up to Boston View Post
Don't disagree with you OBB. The RINO post by that poster is personal and they can deal with that on an individual level....not suppress everyone else that has something of substance to add to the topic. It can be mitigated. Can't be any worse than the 'Walmart' one that went bad pretty quick!
Sounds like the "big issue" in this entire thread, is that Miller and his wife support a no-kill shelter.

That sounds like a really awesome opportunity for The Villages as a whole to support the end of the pet-breeding industry. When people stop insisting that their dog be a pure-bred, or a "designer-doodle/poo" perhaps the shelters will stop being full of unwanted animals. You want a dog? You have over 100 to choose from at the shelter, and they're spayed/neutered, microchipped, and have all their shots for under $200. No need to spend $1000+ for the flavor of the month.

The biggest up-side for the person adopting the dog, is they have a lower chance of the medical issues that come with unscrupulous back-yard breeders. Florida is LOADED with those.

Solve that problem, and you won't /need/ to argue about over-capacity no-kill shelters.
Old 05-20-2024, 09:12 PM
Gold member

Is it true that the Gov explored the possibility of sending Oren to Martha’s Vineyard before aides told him he was bound by FL law to reinstate him?! *

*Sheldon
Old 05-21-2024, 03:54 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,206 Times in 793 Posts

Quote:
It depends on the viewpoint.

I found that out, the hard way.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Sounds like the "big issue" in this entire thread, is that Miller and his wife support a no-kill shelter.

That sounds like a really awesome opportunity for The Villages as a whole to support the end of the pet-breeding industry. When people stop insisting that their dog be a pure-bred, or a "designer-doodle/poo" perhaps the shelters will stop being full of unwanted animals. You want a dog? You have over 100 to choose from at the shelter, and they're spayed/neutered, microchipped, and have all their shots for under $200. No need to spend $1000+ for the flavor of the month.

The biggest up-side for the person adopting the dog, is they have a lower chance of the medical issues that come with unscrupulous back-yard breeders. Florida is LOADED with those.

Solve that problem, and you won't /need/ to argue about over-capacity no-kill shelters.
Amen to that. Unfortunately, having searched for a pound pet here a couple of years ago, we could only find larger dogs and pit bulls. Many Village seniors prefer “lap” dogs and, for the most part, shy away from pit bulls (for some reason). Large dogs are ok if you have a good exercise yard but, if all you have is a courtyard villa or need to rely on walks for your animal’s exercise, is The Villages senior community the best place for it? We have had a Serbian Shepherd and Black Labs when we had room for them to run and Yorkie and Chihuahua when we didn’t. The right animal for the right environment is all. Now we have a Llasa. Not a matter of any “flavor of the month”. Just common sense.

Last edited by Sandy and Ed; 05-21-2024 at 05:05 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 05-21-2024, 05:21 AM

This is good for all parties. One gets his job back, rightfully.

The other can devote even more time on soliciting for subscribers and advertisers to fund aerial videos he claims he can’t afford to make otherwise without funding, despite doing so freely for years.

Whomever is elected by the people, for the people, is representing the people, is who shall prevail.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
It’ll be a fun primary. Two good guys with experience at varying levels. Can’t go wrong either way IMO
Oh yes you can. Don is a true Conservative and Miller is not. By the way he and his cronies cost us a new Hospital in Sumter County
Old 05-21-2024, 05:46 AM

I remember being new to the local election landscape here and engaging in a pleasant conversation with Mr. Miller at a local postal station. After a couple of brief exchanges, the hair on my neck noticeably stood up. Probably my country instincts reacting.
Old 05-21-2024, 05:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Yes, and they delivered NOTHING.

No experience, No knowledge of Gov't.

Elected based on a promise which they never delivered on........and couldn't deliver on.
Correct. Miller delivered nothing.

The Villages Developer agreed to a 40% increase in impact fees and Miller/Search/Esteep didn’t think it was enough so instead of taking that as “a win”, they got nothing.
During their disastrous reign, they also managed to kill the planned “Wellness Village” from Sumter County.
Miller does not provide solid Conservative leadership this county desires and I hope he does not win re-election in August.

I’ll be supporting Don Wiley !
Old 05-21-2024, 05:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,770 Times in 976 Posts

I will not be voting for Miller. He and his wife fought, and lost, for a no-kill shelter. When the proposed tax increase was announced, Miller saw an opportunity. He changed party and pled to fight "The Developer" and roll back the tax hike. This got him and his friends elected. He went right to work on the shelter. So no, he is not "for the people".
Old 05-21-2024, 06:03 AM

Quote:
I, for one, will work hard in any way I can to make sure he retains the seat in August.
Some are saying he is a democrat in a republican suit!!
Closed Thread

Tags
commissioner, miller, people’s, railroaded, tripped

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.