Perhaps it's time for a new approach.

Closed Thread
Old 10-07-2020, 08:44 AM
Sage
Default Perhaps it's time for a new approach.

///

Last edited by mulligan; 10-08-2020 at 06:26 AM.
Old 10-07-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Over the past few months, there have been a substantial number of inquiries as to whether restaurants , rec centers, golf courses, town squares etc are "safe". Try looking at them from the owner/operator's perspective. If they require distancing, masks, reduced capacity, etc., then obviously the owner/operators do not consider them safe. That should be enough information to make a decision, as opposed to asking 140,000 people on an open forum to make your decision for you.
How about those are the requirements the state imposed for them to do business?????? Is that enough info for you to make a decision. DOH!!!😂😂😂

Maybe these places are safe BECAUSE of these rules, NOT IN SPITE OF THEM
Old 10-07-2020, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I disagree, the owner is being responsible and doing his/her best to make the place safe for their customers. I appreciate establishments that continue the safe distancing and other requirements.
Old 10-07-2020, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
I disagree, the owner is being responsible and doing his/her best to make the place safe for their customers. I appreciate establishments that continue the safe distancing and other requirements.
Agreed
Old 10-07-2020, 10:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
How about those are the requirements the state imposed for them to do business?????? Is that enough info for you to make a decision. DOH!!!ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿ ½ï¿½ï¿½ï¿½

Maybe these places are safe BECAUSE of these rules, NOT IN SPITE OF THEM
Gov went to phase 3 and business threw open the doors....all restrictions are off, those that continue to keep them are management's decisions. Local governments have some flexibility but cannot go against the State's rules (which are now none). Was at Chop House tonight, all servers and employees were masked, no distancing. Had friends at the Fisherman's last week, employees and servers did not wear masks, no spacing. Go the Darrells a couple times a week in Pinellas, servers wear masks, no social distancing and they continue to sanitize the tables and condiments before the table becomes available.

My personal view is all the opening up is to generate revenue and provide employment....although the golf stuff is baffling.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 10-07-2020, 10:19 PM

Before you ask whether they are safe or not, first ask the question "what has changed since March?" The virus is STILL here, it is as contagious as ever, it is as powerful as ever, and we do not have a vaccine to prevent it. Yes, we now have some medicines that will help you in the hospital, but you only go to the hospital when you are really sick. So as long as the virus is still prevalent (and we know through testing that it still is) and as long as we don't yet have a vaccine, you are as vulnerable as you were in March and April. The only difference is now some of us are wearing masks to try and prevent it from spreading to others. But until we get a vaccine and most people are willing to take it, not much has really changed since March and April.
Old 10-08-2020, 05:18 AM

Thank you !
Old 10-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Personally I don't understand how any of you...Americans...can allow government to dictate when, where and how to protect yourself when you go out. They can and should provide information and suggestions. Privately owned establishments can decide for themselves what ppe people should wear and if you don't like it don't go.

You all give up your freedom mighty easily considering you don't know if the gov't will return it.....
Old 10-08-2020, 06:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
Over the past few months, there have been a substantial number of inquiries as to whether restaurants , rec centers, golf courses, town squares etc are "safe". Try looking at them from the owner/operator's perspective. If they require distancing, masks, reduced capacity, etc., then obviously the owner/operators do not consider them safe. That should be enough information to make a decision, as opposed to asking 140,000 people on an open forum to make your decision for you.
How about they are following the mandate and should be applauded for that. People complain when the mandates ARENT followed and now feel the places are unsafe because they do follow them. Damned if you do, damned if you dont. Typical
Old 10-08-2020, 06:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Gov went to phase 3 and business threw open the doors....all restrictions are off, those that continue to keep them are management's decisions. Local governments have some flexibility but cannot go against the State's rules (which are now none). Was at Chop House tonight, all servers and employees were masked, no distancing. Had friends at the Fisherman's last week, employees and servers did not wear masks, no spacing. Go the Darrells a couple times a week in Pinellas, servers wear masks, no social distancing and they continue to sanitize the tables and condiments before the table becomes available.

My personal view is all the opening up is to generate revenue and provide employment....although the golf stuff is baffling.
That’s good to know, because now I won’t eat in those places. No mask, no gloves, including in the kitchen, no social distancing, no custom from this customer
Old 10-08-2020, 06:28 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
The virus is STILL here, it is as contagious as ever, it is as powerful as ever, and we do not have a vaccine to prevent it.
Since the dawn of time there is only one cure for any virus, exposure. Either by exposure to a vaccine containing the virus or the virus itself.

Most polls show 50% of Americans will not get a vaccine shot.

Remember "flattening the curve", it has silently morphed into no normal commerce until a 'cure' can be found, produced, distributed, and ultimately required by a omnipresent Government.

There are states which are well on this path, I am grateful Florida is not one of them.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:26 AM

Controlled Exposure: a concept someone shared. You know your comorbities. You know the strength and weakness of your immune system. Expose yourself in what ever way You feel safe. Like the recovering Alcoholic. Is it safe to go to a bar or safer to go to an ice cream shop. A compulsive eater. Is a buffet safe? Or a restricted menu.
Those who have issues will wear masks wash hands stay healthy in their routines. We cannot and should not rely on others. Yes mask is suppose to be for others. In my mind mask is for Me to stay safe from You. I know my current test results. I know my health issues. I do not know yours. I will determine where and when I allow myself to be exposed to any disease. None of us ever lived this before. It is still uncharted territory. As far as resturants there are health standards that were in place long before Covid-19. Eating out always has a calculated risk, Hepatitis, food poison, allergic reactions. Bugs, hair in food. Covid is on the low end. How clean is any kitchen?
Mingling in Town Square sure risks are there. And again if you are someone who can easily get sick do consider how much and what type of Exposure you want. You are in control of You. Stay safe be kind.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Personally I don't understand how any of you...Americans...can allow government to dictate when, where and how to protect yourself when you go out. They can and should provide information and suggestions. Privately owned establishments can decide for themselves what ppe people should wear and if you don't like it don't go.

You all give up your freedom mighty easily considering you don't know if the gov't will return it.....
So, no speed limits?
Old 10-08-2020, 07:53 AM

I just don’t understand opening everything up when nothing has changed with the virus except more cases
Old 10-08-2020, 08:14 AM
Default Solution

If your afraid, stay home or better yet , sell and move to a blue state where they will make you stay home.
This Wuhan flu is so smart it won’t affect you in Walmart but it will in a gym where you are trying to be healthy. Lock down in NYC worked so well they are doing it again. Churches will be next to close.
2 weeks pause is now in 7 th month and still the China Virus is here. Connect the dots and burn your mask:

Last edited by Beyond The Wall; 10-08-2020 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Spelling
Closed Thread

Tags
owner/operators, decision, safe, make, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.