Perhaps it's time for a new approach.

Closed Thread
Old 10-08-2020, 08:29 AM

It's not about 'protecting yourself' when you go out and wear a mask...you are protecting others FROM YOU in case you are carrying the virus. So when I see people in stores or going in/out of restaurants and not wearing a mask....or worse, wearing one going into Walmart and then taking it off....I see people who are likely careless about the contacts they make away from there who therefor may be spreaders and they don't care that they might be infecting me. So sure, it's a personal decision about whether or not to wear a mask or socially distance, but the decision impacts more than just the person making it.
Old 10-08-2020, 08:45 AM

If you were from the northern states, it WAS NOT “Union by choice”. You would
not have been employed at that company!
Old 10-08-2020, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertnavarre70 View Post
It's not about 'protecting yourself' when you go out and wear a mask...you are protecting others FROM YOU in case you are carrying the virus. So when I see people in stores or going in/out of restaurants and not wearing a mask....or worse, wearing one going into Walmart and then taking it off....I see people who are likely careless about the contacts they make away from there who therefor may be spreaders and they don't care that they might be infecting me. So sure, it's a personal decision about whether or not to wear a mask or socially distance, but the decision impacts more than just the person making it.
Many people are not going to wear a mask unless it is required. That is human nature. As far as infecting you, there is no reason for you to go out. Everything can be delivered to your door.
Old 10-08-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,933 Times in 2,456 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
So, no speed limits?

There are no speed limits , just fines if you get caught going too fast. It there was speed limits then there would be no penalty or income for states.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRE1 View Post
Before you ask whether they are safe or not, first ask the question "what has changed since March?"
Election day is closer.
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:48 AM
Default COVID-19 Personal Safety

It should be up to each of us to determine our own level of security or safety they are comfortable with. It should NOT be the government's responsibility to do more than ADVISE NOT MANDATE. Establishment owners have to consider their own comfort level and the level of liability they are comfortable accepting. Once again, it should be individual responsibility.

Don't be intimidated by ignorance and fear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Gov went to phase 3 and business threw open the doors....all restrictions are off, those that continue to keep them are management's decisions. Local governments have some flexibility but cannot go against the State's rules (which are now none). Was at Chop House tonight, all servers and employees were masked, no distancing. Had friends at the Fisherman's last week, employees and servers did not wear masks, no spacing. Go the Darrells a couple times a week in Pinellas, servers wear masks, no social distancing and they continue to sanitize the tables and condiments before the table becomes available.

My personal view is all the opening up is to generate revenue and provide employment....although the golf stuff is baffling.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:53 AM

Union by choice is your rite.
But i saw what the union did to the twinky and cup cake drivers, they all lost their jobs due to the stubborn union officials.
Old 10-08-2020, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Gov went to phase 3 and business threw open the doors....all restrictions are off, those that continue to keep them are management's decisions. Local governments have some flexibility but cannot go against the State's rules (which are now none). Was at Chop House tonight, all servers and employees were masked, no distancing. Had friends at the Fisherman's last week, employees and servers did not wear masks, no spacing. Go the Darrells a couple times a week in Pinellas, servers wear masks, no social distancing and they continue to sanitize the tables and condiments before the table becomes available.

My personal view is all the opening up is to generate revenue and provide employment....although the golf stuff is baffling.
Why is golf stuff baffling?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:04 AM

What if there is No vaccine....What will you do?
Old 10-08-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Personally I don't understand how any of you...Americans...can allow government to dictate when, where and how to protect yourself when you go out. They can and should provide information and suggestions. Privately owned establishments can decide for themselves what ppe people should wear and if you don't like it don't go.

You all give up your freedom mighty easily considering you don't know if the gov't will return it.....
Seat belts and speed bumps !!!!!!!
Old 10-08-2020, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
Personally I don't understand how any of you...Americans...can allow government to dictate when, where and how to protect yourself when you go out. They can and should provide information and suggestions. Privately owned establishments can decide for themselves what ppe people should wear and if you don't like it don't go.

You all give up your freedom mighty easily considering you don't know if the gov't will return it.....
You are a perfect example of why the Govt. had to impose effective rules. Everyone's safety has a higher value than your pleasure. American? Actions speak louder than words.
Old 10-08-2020, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Thread closed - going political.
Closed Thread

Tags
owner/operators, decision, safe, make, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.