Person to person spread here of virus here

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 08:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,514 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by daca55 View Post
Many people in TV live by the motto “ live free or die”
Hey as long as it doesn't mean "live free or get infected and take as many people as possible with you to death" I'm fine with it.

Your right to live free ends at my right to be healthy.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
The elderly here continue to ignore social distancing, thinking they know their friends , so their safe
When the first tv residents die form the virus , it will be too late. Thoughts and pray for the virus deniers who watch Fox
I don't think it's exclusive to "Fox" viewers ... besides, that's becoming tedious and shopworn.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:19 AM

They should be fined
Old 03-29-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdFNJ View Post
These are probably the people that think: "I Know all my friends so therefore I can't get it."

They should be asked: DO you know where and when your friends shop or where they get gas or how many people they walked by in those places or what they touched? I hear this all the time. My sister said the same thing to me. We're brother and sister. SO WHAT? You just went to Marion Market. Stay away from me for 2 weeks!
I think it is going to get much worse in the next week. I think we all will lose someone we know well. I think we need to rethink take out food and fresh vegetables. I think we are going to see some very sad times here. I think EdFNJ is extremely astute.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:31 AM
Default Wash your hands - dont touch your face

this is a virus that inflames the lungs so you cannot take in oxygen. wash your hands - do not touch your face - wear a mask to help you remember to not touch your face. be very scared- stay inside or lots of properties will be available in a couple of months at TV!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:34 AM
Location: Yakima, WA, around the country to the village of Amelia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmit16 View Post
The CDC is now saying that over a million Americans could have had the China Virus prior to February back into November due to the number of Chinese people traveling here, however it was either undiagnosed because it was not severe or it was misdiagnosed as the common flu which has killed 10 times more people. Pandemic or fear pushing by the media. I know one thing, it is like the flu in this way and we don't shut the country down. You are probably going to get it in someway, some will die, some will never know they have it and most will deal with it for 10 days and go on with their lives. Just like the flu. So get over the hysteria, people get sick in life, people die. If not by corona virus, then by any one of a million other illnesses.
The “flu” doesn’t overwhelm the medical community and potentially require triage to deny patients ventilators. Without drastic action like this, more people will die than need to. The flu is more controllable because of vaccines. We don’t have the immunity to this we have with the flu.

And it’s called Coronavirus, not “China virus”.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drdoug49 View Post
The elderly here continue to ignore social distancing, thinking they know their friends , so their safe
When the first tv residents die form the virus , it will be too late. Thoughts and pray for the virus deniers who watch Fox
1. HUGE generalization.

2. Was the Fox mention necessary? Have you checked it out? When I turn them on - the covid-19 is ALWAYS on, including renowned doctors and scientists et al. "Virus Deniers".... come on man.

3. Personally NO MATTER WHO I encounter outside the domicile (except for my 'housemate') distance and ultra-care is followed.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainelovr View Post
The “flu” doesn’t overwhelm the medical community and potentially require triage to deny patients ventilators. Without drastic action like this, more people will die than need to. The flu is more controllable because of vaccines. We don’t have the immunity to this we have with the flu.

And it’s called Coronavirus, not “China virus”.
Uh. right. I remember the Hong Kong flu, Rocky Mountain Fever, Lyme Disease and the oft-quoted Spanish Flu to name but a few. China and the PC crowd become easily offended if we were to say the "Wuhan Virus" which is actually accurate.

If you can't name something accurately, you really can't deal with it effectively. Just my opinion.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swede1128 View Post
Where can the original (complete) article be found
I tried to post the link - but they determined that the link was SPAM and blocked it.
So I'll tell you how to find it go to floridapolitics . com and look by author in the archives Ryan Nicol The article he references is from Politico and you should be able to find it on their site. Lots of inaccuracies in both articles. Much discussion on both in facebook yesterday and the day before. I was asked in that discussion why Population matters, which is varies articles moves from 50K to 115K well it is the law of %s. Keep in mind that both article are political pieces and not reporting.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:39 AM

I don’t know why you say flu has killed 10 times more people. Not true! The new coronavirus causing COVID-19 has led to more than 454,000 illnesses and more than 20,550 deaths worldwide. For comparison, in the U.S. alone, the flu (also called influenza) has caused an estimated 38 million illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Old 03-29-2020, 08:40 AM

And there will be many more deaths from Coronavirus this year!
Old 03-29-2020, 08:43 AM

If you think the squares were bad you should have seen the crowd at The Lighthouse. Friday night they had live music and food in the parking lot, must have been 50 carts and cars parked neck to neck there. No social spacing, Sat. night the same.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
If you think the squares were bad you should have seen the crowd at The Lighthouse. Friday night they had live music and food in the parking lot, must have been 50 carts and cars parked neck to neck there. No social spacing, Sat. night the same.
Genuine insanity or irresponsibility ... distinction without a difference in this instance
Old 03-29-2020, 08:48 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

@JackRussell; Excellent post and spot on. Too bad most of the follow on posters seem to have ignored it.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:52 AM

I would think that it is passed more by what you touch than by your proximity to another person but have never read this as a fact or otherwise. I find it very hard to wash 100% of the time after touching rails, handles, packages, mail boxes, ATM's, money, newspaper, mail, etc.
Being the independant and free folks that we are, we will never get a real lockdown to work (Marshall Law?) and so will we ever contain this virus until a Herd Immunity scenario has occured?
Locking off the Squares would seem very easy IF the powers-to-be had the guts to do it. I can see it now -- the "CDC Police Force".
Closed Thread

Tags
person, spread, virus, community, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.