Person to person spread here of virus here

Closed Thread
Old 03-29-2020, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,730 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsyopnp View Post
I don’t know why you say flu has killed 10 times more people. Not true! The new coronavirus causing COVID-19 has led to more than 454,000 illnesses and more than 20,550 deaths worldwide. For comparison, in the U.S. alone, the flu (also called influenza) has caused an estimated 38 million illnesses, 390,000 hospitalizations and 23,000 deaths this season, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Huh? The World Health Organization estimates that the flu kills about 250,000 to 500,000 people per year worldwide.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:07 AM
Send a message via AIM to newgirl

How do you know this, doc I spoke to said all traveled abroad ?

Well, it's looking like the me-me-me Narcissists who don't follow rules are going to ruin everything for everyone else. No consideration for all the rest of us who REALLY don't want to catch an illness that could KILL us when it could have been avoided with diligence and common sense. The Villages will end up "winning" the Darwin Awards this year. Thinning the herd indeed. The sad thing is a lot of innocent good people are going to be taken down with them as this virus spreads like wild fire. Just saying.

Medicated Vet ... For your protection.
Quote from Boot Camp Company Commander: "I'm gonna have to issue you all plexi-glass belly buttons, so when you have your heads up your asses, you can at least see where you're going."

Make it mandatory with HUGE fines if caught.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:18 AM

Stupid is as stupid does
Old 03-29-2020, 09:25 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
They need to turn the speakers off that broadcasting they music also.
I agree with you about that. But, if they shut off the music someone will bring a boombox.

I just don't get it. Partying during this pandemic is putting ALL of us at risk!

Arrogance!!!!
Old 03-29-2020, 09:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,254 Times in 425 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think it is going to get much worse in the next week. I think we all will lose someone we know well. I think we need to rethink take out food and fresh vegetables. I think we are going to see some very sad times here. I think EdFNJ is extremely astute.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:33 AM

Hi
Can u tell us what village u live in?
Stay safe.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:45 AM
Platinum member

Please, new folks: you need to quote the post you’re responding to.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
Well, it's looking like the me-me-me Narcissists who don't follow rules are going to ruin everything for everyone else. No consideration for all the rest of us who REALLY don't want to catch an illness that could KILL us when it could have been avoided with diligence and common sense. The Villages will end up "winning" the Darwin Awards this year. Thinning the herd indeed. The sad thing is a lot of innocent good people are going to be taken down with them as this virus spreads like wild fire. Just saying.
A person with flu infects an average of 1.3 people, usually from close contact. A person with COVID 19 infects about 3 people and close contact is not necessary. Droplets, some too small to be seen, can hang in the air for quite awhile, and can survive on some surfaces for days. The average person touches his face 90 times per day. Wash your hands frequently. Keep your hands away from the T-zone (eyes, nose, mouth). Stay 6 feet away from other people. If you are in a confined space like a store and someone ahead of you coughs or sneezes, don't walk through that area. If you have to cough or sneeze, cover it as best you can with your arm or a tissue. People who are hoarding hand sanitizer and disinfectants are endangering themselves as well as the rest of us. A lot more of us would like to do our part to keep everyone safe, but we can't buy the things we need to do that. This is a very nasty virus. It targets and destroys the alveoli (air sacs) in your lungs leading to less oxygen in your blood which then leads to organ failure. It also causes increased permeability of vessels which means they begin to leak causing fluids to build up where you don't want fluids building up. Even people who recover from the virus can have lasting damage. Take this seriously. For people our ages, Russian Roulette with a six shot revolver would be safer than crowding a town square.
Old 03-29-2020, 09:56 AM
Default The Villages has the state's 4th highest per capita cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickg View Post
5 community spread cases in The Villages.

Thank you for posting that. Most telling was his statement that Sumter County, where The Villages is, has the state’s fourth-highest rate of confirmed infections, with 26 cases per 100,000 residents. Only Broward County [42 cases per 100,000 residents], Miami-Dade County [36,] and Monroe County [27] have higher rates of confirmed infections per capita.
Talk of the Villages doesn’t allow me to post the link to the article for reference. It was in Floridapolitics dot com /archives/325627-coronavirus-community-spread-the-villages
Old 03-29-2020, 09:58 AM
Default As usual..

As usual - no one could supply the source of this information...
Old 03-29-2020, 10:07 AM

It so hard to understand why these people are oblivious to the on going Covert 19 Virus which is in the Villages and continues to spread everyday. The Surgeon General for the state of Florida yesterday issued an order stating that people who are 65+, and people with underlying health conditions must stay at home for the next two weeks. The people who are ignoring this order continue to put the rest of us in jeopardy. Because of the age group in the Villages we are very lightly to become the next hot spot of this epidemic due to their reckless behavior.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:14 AM

That's still a VALID warning today!!
Old 03-29-2020, 10:15 AM

The testing being done is on the already symptomatic ONLY. Must have Fever, Must have Shortness of breath, to be tested.
Sounds a bit late to me.
What does this mean to the rest of us?
This means the infected and A symptomatic, or No symptoms persons are
infecting others and look and feel fine this month.

This should be very alarming to the Social gathering Naysayers of the Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
person, spread, virus, community, cases

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.