Personal information on this site...

Closed Thread
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM
Default Keep the "Cheerleading" going on

I love your posts, Gracie. Always so positvie, witty, and genuine.

There will always be people who relish their misery, and who want to rain on the parade of the "happy" people.

I do agree, that we must be very careful with our personal information. There are those who hide in the shadows of the anonymity of a blog such as this to spread hate, fear, and digruntled views.

Keep up the post, Gracie.... LOVE THEM!!
Old 03-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Gold member

What bothers me the most Gracie is that it must be a fellow TOTVer. I'm very upset about it, but choose to just move on and enjoy the view theu our rose colored glasses. Know you will too.
Old 03-02-2012, 11:54 AM
Gold member

80,000 plus happy people.
A few disgrundled are the ones with the problems. It's good they moved away to allow the space for more happy ones who truly want to be there.
Skyguy did good research. Question probably solved.
I don't see any glasses on Gracie's latest posted image.
Time to go back to the happy place!
In reality, they're different!
Old 03-02-2012, 12:01 PM
Veteran member

My wife has a pair of those rose colored glasses and I adore her for it. There's nothing wrong with being an optimist and seeing the glass as half full, the world be a much better place. That being said, personal information should never be posted in a public place, that includes facebook, twitter and everywhere else. Most pessimistic people are harmless and just want to hear themselves talk and there is no better place to do it on then on a public forum however, we all know that there are some sick people out there, just look at the news.

My wife and I just got some free business cards from vista print and now I am reluctant to give them out as like Gracie said they include our full address, phone number and email too.

Gracie, I don't really know you but if I got a letter like you did I would at the very least go down to the police station and let them know.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptJohn View Post
Skyguy did good research. Question probably solved.
Good work, Skyguy. Glad to hear it.

Keep on posting, Gracie, and fellow TOTV'ers. This a great place to chat and exchange ideas.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 PM
Sage

You know, I kinda like rose colored glasses.

Bill
Old 03-02-2012, 12:28 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
You know, I kinda like rose colored glasses.

Bill
I think most of us do Bill. I'll bet though that the perp likes those silver colored glasses. You know, the kind where they can look into them and see their own image! The Villages Florida
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Sage
Default Keep on being happy

Gracie, people who do things like this person did to you is trying to make themselves feel better by making you feel bad! Maybe TV is not for everyone, but there are darn few who don't like it. Why is it so bad to praise where you live? There aren't many places (or any places) that offer the lifestyle that TV does so why not toot it's horn? Don't anyone ever feel guilty about loving who you are and loving where you live.

As for those cards you hand out, maybe you should change them with only your name on them and an email? Perhaps an address is TMI for some, just to be on the safe side.

I love TV as well and nobody is going to change my mind about it. Let's keep our positive attitudes and let the poopy people go back to where they came from!
Old 03-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Eternal Member
Location: Formerly Refrigerated in Upstate NY, Now in village near Colony Plaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
Gracie, people who do things like this person did to you is trying to make themselves feel better by making you feel bad! Maybe TV is not for everyone, but there are darn few who don't like it. Why is it so bad to praise where you live? There aren't many places (or any places) that offer the lifestyle that TV does so why not toot it's horn? Don't anyone ever feel guilty about loving who you are and loving where you live.

As for those cards you hand out, maybe you should change them with only your name on them and an email? Perhaps an address is TMI for some, just to be on the safe side.

I love TV as well and nobody is going to change my mind about it. Let's keep our positive attitudes and let the poopy people go back to where they came from!
Just one comment. Unless you don't provide your last name on those cards, most of us can be located through the name at one of the three assessors websites!
"SMILE... TOMORROW MAY BE EVEN WORSE!"
Old 03-02-2012, 06:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I agree. I received an anonymous letter today from someone who reads TOTV. I passed out cards at Crispers with my address. I don't know who wrote it but the writer feels that I do not portray The Villages accurately and I am too positive about this place and the Morses and I am causing people to move here who are later disappointed. They feel I may be a paid blogger. They have moved back to their home state from The Villages recently.

I cannot tell you how sad it made me. They asked me to put "I SEE THE VILLAGES THROUGH ROSE COLORED GLASSES" on all of my posts.

To the person who wrote that letter. You are wrong about me being paid. My posts are sincere. I truly love this place. I am so sorry that anything I said has led to disappointment on your part.

I do see this place through rose colored glasses. I look at it through the eyes of someone who is older and is enjoying every beautiful day given to me.

The letter worries me, because my address is known to someone who I do not know and to someone who doesn't like me and someone who felt strongly enough to write a pretty long letter about it.

So please keep your information to yourself. Be safe.
So sorry about this. The person that wrote you didn't do their homework before moving to TV. Now they are looking to put blame on you and not themselves. Takes a sick person to write a letter like you describe. I read most threads. I'm researching TV. A pro/con list is helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:44 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Wonder why they even bothered coming to Crisper's given how they felt and what could have possibly been the reason for writing such a letter? I won't even discuss the cowardice and ugliness of someone doing it anonymously.

Gracie, you know I don't always agree with your viewpoint of the developer but that has nothing to do with TV in my mind and, yes, I do think you see TV through beautiful, happy rose-colored glasses and I'm glad you do. TV is not perfect -- no place on earth is (well, maybe Yosemite without the people) -- but it is the best at what it is and I'm glad I found it and, more importantly, I'm glad I found you in TV.

As to the original point of this thread, I totally agree. This is a public forum -- not everyone who reads it is necessarily interested in living in TV. Some might just be using this as a scouting expedition to find out when you're going on vacation. Don't post your street name or house number even if looking for possible friends/neighbors. Wait til you're here and meet them up close and in person. Selling something? Great, but don't post your address or phone number. Ask people to contact you via PMs or your email address. Give your cards to people you meet and like or even for business purposes but don't just randomly pass them out at group gatherings (sorry, Gracie, sweetie).

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 03-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Gold member
Default Sorry Gracie

Anyone can find bad in any place if you look hard enough for it. And I guess the people who wrote you were home sick or fustrated with the new life?

I think you can be both cheerful and positive and concerned and careful.

You are a good person that has made many of us feel welcome and at home here. And Henry is a lucky MAN!

We were both in education and we know today there are those that will shoot you in the back rather than face you with concerns.

Ruth and I appreciate your candor, hospitality and positive spirit.

See you in July

H
Old 03-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Gold member

Gracie; so how much does the job pay? Just kidding.

You and this site are a wealth of info and isn't it nice you and others are proud to live where you do and be a part of TOTV.

Maybe I'll have the pleasure of meeting a bunch of you in the future at one of your get togethers.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Veteran member

I have been accused of being "too happy" at times during my life and I just tell people that I decided long ago, "If I'm going to be alive, I'm going to be HAPPY about it!" and make the best of every day with which I have been blessed. I enjoy sharing things that bring me pleasure, just as you Gracie, enjoy sharing the joy you have found at TV. No one would read this message board if it was filled with curmudgeons. Who wants to hang out with cranks all the time?

I love coming to these boards to feel the enthusiasm of those who participate here. I appreciate everyone sharing their feelings and experiences. Gracie....you just keep right on, keepin' on!!!!

Hugs!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 03-03-2012, 11:27 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Here's a new pair, Gracie

Hang in there, G.
Attachment 2050

Last edited by Indydealmaker; 04-05-2012 at 11:07 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.