What's included...?

Closed Thread
Old 07-29-2009, 06:53 PM
Platinum member
Default What's included...?

My aunt and uncle are planning on doing a lifestyle preview in October...

Does anyone know exactly what is included and how it works....I know what is included at the rental home....but what rest. are used, how many movie tickets, golf, etc are included....

Thanks!

Suzy Toronto
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Veteran member

Cassie

I just returned from a LSP and here is what was included in mine. I am single so I have no idea if things are doubled for a couple but I would assume they would be. May need to check with a sales rep on that one.

$12 breakfast or lunch for 1 at The Veranda Restaurant
$25 lunch or dinner for 1 at Palmer Legends Country Club
$20 lunch or dinner for 1 at Lighthouse Grille
$20 lunch or dinner for 1 at Cane Garden Country Club
1 movie ticket good at Rialto or Old Mill theaters
2 rounds of golf, championship or executive
Championship Course: large bucket of balls
2 games of Championship tennis
20% off total of one purchase at Market or Banner Mercantile
20% off one service at Tuscany Day Spa & Salon
20% off one service at Salon Fifth Avenue

Plus my sales rep offered tickets to any of the shows playing at Savannah Center.

When you check in you will have guest ID cards in your packet. Your sales rep or if they are busy another rep will take you via golf cart to your car depending where you are parked. You will then follow the rep to Creekside and directly where you will be staying. The rep will go over some things and have you sign a release for the golf cart. You are also given a copy of the release for your records. The rep will give you the ID cards and a pamphlet regrading the above restaurants and shops. The rep will also show you the home or villa and tell you about trash pickup. I was also told that be sure to go out every morning and pick up the newspaper as sometime after 9:00 am it will be picked up by The Villages. The rep will also show you the gas powered golf cart and that is about it and you are ready to start having fun.

The rep is there to help you in any way possible. Mine even offered to set up tee time for me.

When you want to use the Guest card for a meal I always told the wait staff before I ordered that I would be using it. It was never a problem and they accepted it with pleasure. You will note that a 15% gratuity will be added to your restaurant check.

One note on the golf cart and that is it is set at 18 mph (verified with GPS) so do be surprised when you get passed by some of the hot carts.

Hope that helps. If you have any questions just send me a private message and I will try to answer them.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:54 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp
Smile

Yes, it is doubled for a couple. My husband I just returned from a LSP and we each got all of those things listed. We loved it all and ordered a home and can't wait to get back
Old 07-29-2009, 08:55 PM
Platinum member

Wow....that was exactly what I needed!! Very thorough and precise!! Thank you so much!!!

Suzy Toronto
Old 07-30-2009, 05:03 AM

Hawkwind - did you go to LSP by your lonesome? .... Wondering what its like checking the place out by yourself. I'd have to do that.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:32 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkwind View Post
Cassie

I just returned from a LSP and here is what was included in mine. I am single so I have no idea if things are doubled for a couple but I would assume they would be. May need to check with a sales rep on that one.

>>>>> Details deleted <<<<<

Wow, I am impressed. Yes, I am a kool-aid drinker who salutes Mr. Morse every morning and bows to the Polo Field six times a day , but even I am very, very impressed with the professionalism and organization demonstrated by this program.

Hawk, you didn't mention a sales rep showing you homes et al. I expect they steered you to the trolley for a community tour, but how was the sales rep interaction? Did they answer your questions? Was there any pressure, subtle or overt? When I bought in '05, I thought this the most laid-back marketing scheme ever. Curious if it's still the same.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Old 07-30-2009, 06:24 AM
Veteran member
Thumbs up Thank You!

So glad you asked this question Cassie.

Thanks for all the great info Hawkwind, great job with all the details .

Jeanne
Old 07-30-2009, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgm4444 View Post
Hawkwind - did you go to LSP by your lonesome? .... Wondering what its like checking the place out by yourself. I'd have to do that.
Yes. I had been here in December renting so I wanted to see what the weather was like in the summer.
Old 07-30-2009, 09:27 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muncle View Post

Hawk, you didn't mention a sales rep showing you homes et al. I expect they steered you to the trolley for a community tour, but how was the sales rep interaction? Did they answer your questions? Was there any pressure, subtle or overt? When I bought in '05, I thought this the most laid-back marketing scheme ever. Curious if it's still the same.

`
Yes I was also impressed at the LSP professionalism and organization, they have everything covered and will give the consumer as little or as much attention as the customer wants.

Yes everything is the same laid-back sales approach. The sales rep made an offer to show me homes but I was going to look at the open houses on my own. Not ready to sign on the dotted line as I have at least one home here in Ohio to get rid of.

I had taken the trolley tour once in 2007 and again in 2008 so I passed this year. The rep also answered any questions that I could dream up. There was absolutely no pressure at all to do anything but enjoy TV.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:29 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Glad to hear they are still taking the no pressure sales appraoch, that is what we experienced when we bought in 2004. I believe TV sells itself....nuf said...GN
Old 07-30-2009, 04:03 PM
Veteran member
Smile View Homes

Take advantage of the agent offering to show you homes. We worked with our agent on 6 visits and there was no pressure. We finally bought but our agent would have gone for a few more visits. If you ride with your agent in a car you get more of an overview of TV. You also seee the different styles of homes. Make sure you visit a country club or 2 and go to the square a time or 2. Pools are a good place to get a lot of info. Go to a pool away from the cottages where you stay, in a village that is established, everyone is willing to share their experience. Good luck & have a good time.
Old 07-30-2009, 08:13 PM
Platinum member

Thanks again for all your thoughts....

I will say that after our first full year here in the area we decided to have all of our guests (especially potential buyers) take advantage of the LSP. This way they have their very own Villages experience....not ours....

Thanks again!

Suzy Toronto
Old 08-25-2009, 11:20 AM

I was going to take the shuttle to the villages from MCO and take the golf cart that comes with LSV. Should I rent a car when I get to the airport? I have no idea how to get around Florida, much less the Villages .... any suggestions on this?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I was going to take the shuttle to the villages from MCO and take the golf cart that comes with LSV. Should I rent a car when I get to the airport? I have no idea how to get around Florida, much less the Villages .... any suggestions on this?
You will not get your cart until you check in so it would depend on how much luggage you bring with you. It is a short walk (around the front of the building and across the square) from the drop off point to the LSL sales office.

Another thing is just what do you want to do when you get to TV. When I was there I used the car if the weather looked like rain and the cart if the sun was out. Some places you may want to check out may not be accessible by cart or you may not know the way to let there. I stopped at the woodworking shop in my car. I know that you can get there by cart but I had no idea as to how and did not want to push my luck.

Do you have a GPS? That will help get you from the airport to TV is you rent a car and you may check with the rental companies to see if the car comes with one.

You will want to do a search of TOTV to see the best rental car for you if you go that way. I think there is an Enterprise office at LSL. So you could rent the car, drive to TV, check-in, get to you Villa, then take the car back and walk back to your villa.

So as you can see there is no really good answer to the car issue.

One thing during my stay I came down with a good case of Golf Cart Knee. My left knee was always in the sun and I got a sun burn on only that knee so don't forget the lotion.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:29 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Hardly an expert on this, but if money is not a showstopper, I'd include a rental car. Contrary to what a lot of folks think, TV is not a self-contained island. Yes, the "campus" here is remarkable and one could well survive without ever leaving the facility. However, TV is a part of a larger area and Lady Lake, Wildwood, Leesburg, and even Ocala are integral to it. A visitor should really experience the horse farms, shopping malls, many different restaurants, farmers markets, and other features not golf cart accessible. Gives a much better picture of what this place really is.

However, if the purpose of the trip is just a golf vacation with swimming, tennis, and town square dancing, no car is needed.

`
And it's Munc"L"e, not Munc"I"e
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.