Pet Walkers

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2024, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelevision View Post
The Villages is the worst place I’ve lived regarding animal haters. It’s telling about the type of person you are. Dogs sniff. Dogs pee and poop and they do it when they need/want to. I have a CYV and my dogs are out there at various times of day, doing what they do and when we go on a walk, it’s not going to stop them from sniffing and peeing/pooping in a yard if they need to. Thankfully, my neighborhood is pet friendly and you live somewhere else. TV is full of not only dogs but plenty of wildlife. Nobody asked you to move here and if you hate it leave.
I too have a CYV. I too have a dog that does his business there. I too have neighbors who are dog lovers. However, I do not let him go in another neighborhood’s yard. He must walk to a common area spot to go. It’s simply a matter of training. You can train a dog to keep their head up when walking. If their head is up, they can’t sniff. If they can’t sniff, they won’t go. It’s as simple as that.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Most dogs can be trained to do their business in their own yard - before a walk...
We have our dogs do thier business in our yard before walks and have been amazed how much they understood from day one that's the only place till we get to a trail. ( and yes we pick up after them. We are surprised there aren't doggy stations on the trails...)

My pet peeve pardon the pun is pet owners who walk thier dogs unleashed. Especially on the trails. You never know how a dog is going to react to another person or dog.
Old 05-05-2024, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXJK View Post
Take them to the greens to pee they look like s$*# anyway
😆 😂
Old 05-05-2024, 07:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Hasn’t this been covered a hundred times or more?
Yea, but all of the posts about the poor golf course condition is starting to overtake the “dog pooped in my yard” post count!

So now is a good time to catch up !
Old 05-05-2024, 08:04 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanvitt View Post
The Villages is the worst place I've lived regarding owners standing in front of a neighbors home and letting their dog urinate in a neighbors yard. And it then attracts the next dog that comes along. There are dog parks, walking paths and even better....your own yard. Be respectful and keep your dog out of your neighbors yard.
Exactly why is this a big deal?
Old 05-05-2024, 08:15 AM
Default Pet Walkers

A well trained dog will heel by your side while walking and will not wonder off unless allowed. Most dog owners I've seen in the Villages walk their dogs on long retractable leases, where the dog is wondering wherever it wants to go, so in reality, the dog is walking the owner and not the other way around.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
Dogs typically urinate as soon as they are outside if they need to. It will occur on the owners property. After the initial urination, while walking, the animal will stop and mark the territory with droplets. No harm to plants or grass. I’m fine with this. Regarding “pooping”, there’s no way to know when a dog will poop. A good owner bags it.
Exactly.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:28 AM
Default Dog trainer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Sorry but I strongly disagree. You most certainly can train your dog when and where to pee and poop. People allowing their dog free range simply don’t care about anyone else.
FYI just because someone doesn’t want your dog poop on their property doesn’t mean they hate animals. It means they don’t like irresponsible owners.
How long have you been a trainer? What breeds do you train? How much do you charge for your expert training ability?
Old 05-05-2024, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,769 Posts

[QUOTE=Kelevision;2328054]The Villages is the worst place I’ve lived regarding animal haters. It’s telling about the type of person you are. Dogs sniff. Dogs pee and poop and they do it when they need/want to. I have a CYV and my dogs are out there at various times of day, doing what they do and when we go on a walk, it’s not going to stop them from sniffing and peeing/pooping in a yard if they need to. Thankfully, my neighborhood is pet friendly and you live somewhere else. TV is full of not only dogs but plenty of wildlife. Nobody asked you to move here and if you hate it leave.[/QUOTE

If you own a dog you should anticipate its needs. When a dog misbehaves, people usually don’t hold the dog responsible, they hold the walker responsible for bad behavior. And most people here have dogs, they just take the trouble to not potty them on other people’s lawns.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-05-2024 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:43 AM

A little bit of friendly advice from the friendliest neighborhood if you don’t like a little pee in your yard and this bothers you, you should probably move.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:43 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,628 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travilinggal View Post
It amazes me that with everything The Villages has to offer, you prefer to sit at your front window waiting to watch a dog pee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by airstreamingypsy View Post
You sitting at the window, watching for dogs peeing in your yard? There are 3,000 or so activities, surely you can find one more fun.

Remember there's lots of wildlife in TV, coyotes, bobcats, gators, big birds, foxes, squirrels, panthers, bears and who knows what else.... all who have access to your yard....... life is short, pee isn't that important.
When cameras go off 23 times a day on your corner lot, one doesn’t need to be home sitting in a window, to watch those many everyday using lawns as a dog park.

Information note in 10 years at our previous corner lot cameras only went off for three bobcats, 1 gator named “lucky”, one small bear, weird squirrel who posed for the each camera, and once a year a cute family of ducks. So wildlife uses lawns sparingly, not as a potty stop, but as a cut through to the next pond.

Wildlife isn’t as abundant in neighborhoods to be problematic as you posted
Old 05-05-2024, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,015 Times in 2,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Hasn’t this been covered a hundred times or more?

I estimating two hundred times.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,065 Times in 1,769 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparsoneau@aol.com View Post
A little bit of friendly advice from the friendliest neighborhood if you don’t like a little pee in your yard and this bothers you, you should probably move.
I’m afraid it is the other way around. If you tried that in my neighborhood, you’d find yourself a very lonely person.

Last edited by Velvet; 05-05-2024 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-05-2024, 08:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,015 Times in 2,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jarodrig View Post
Yea, but all of the posts about the poor golf course condition is starting to overtake the “dog pooped in my yard” post count!

So now is a good time to catch up !

But, dog poop posts are not going to cost you next year. Expect 40% plus raise in maintenance fees. For me that’s after 25% raise.
Old 05-05-2024, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny2403 View Post
You obviously know very little about the subject. Dogs typically urinate as soon as they are outside if they need to. It will occur on the owners property. After the initial urination, while walking, the animal will stop and mark the territory with droplets. No harm to plants or grass. I’m fine with this. Regarding “pooping”, there’s no way to know when a dog will poop. A good owner bags it in totality and moved on. If they don’t, then I have a problem with them. No way would I use a dog park. I’ve seen too many dogs ignored as they become aggressive towards other dogs. Do the other dogs have their required shots? To walk on the MMP’s I still have to walk thru my neighborhood to get there. Like all things, there are considerate owners and the opposite. If I see a small sign in a yard asking me not to let my dog near their perfect landscaping (in the owners mind), I make sure to move past the yard as asked. Done for now!
I know exactly when and where my dog will poop. If you keep their head up so they cannot sniff until they get to a designated spot, they will not poop. You can also make them poop in your yard prior to the walk. It’s all just a matter of training and leadership.
Closed Thread

Tags
dog, yard, neighbors, pet, parks

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.