Pex or CPVC in the new builds in the Villages

Old 05-01-2024, 06:47 AM
Default Pex or CPVC in the new builds in the Villages

Is the Villages using Pex or CPVC for the pottable water plumbing in the new builds in the Villages? I hear CPVC gets brittle over time but I haven't heard of any stories of problems in the thousands of homes built with it here in the Villages.
Old 05-01-2024, 07:47 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,981 Times in 759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
Is the Villages using Pex or CPVC for the pottable water plumbing in the new builds in the Villages? I hear CPVC gets brittle over time but I haven't heard of any stories of problems in the thousands of homes built with it here in the Villages.
“ PEX is susceptible to oxidative degradation and embrittlement when exposed to hot chlorinated water, while CPVC isn't susceptible to attack by chlorinated water.
Nov 30, 2022”
Old 05-01-2024, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrref View Post
I am not a plomero and have little plumbing experience, but when I re-piped my house in pex back in 2009, the plumber shared that no one used CPVC for the reasons you described and that pex was becoming more and more commonly accepted and used by the day. I'd be surprised if by now it isn't all pex. Hope this helps a bit.
Old 05-01-2024, 08:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,242 Times in 2,282 Posts

If you can see any of the piping, PEX is typically RED or BLUE, CPVC is usually a CREAM COLOR.

Tags
villages, cpvc, pex, builds, stories

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.