picking appliances next week

Closed Thread
Old 06-08-2012, 02:09 PM

Jane, Thank you so much for your advice, good to know there is another option. We went out and priced all the appliances on the list so we know what the stores are selling them for. I assume you need to worry about installation fees too.
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Gold member
Location: Northfield IL, Tampa FL, Norway, Boynton Beach FL, Highland Park IL, Gilchrist soon!

Do you get some sort of list prior to your design meeting? My estimate just says upgrade (gold package) but I think I would prefer to opt out... What I do not have is a list of model numbers for the various options. How did you obtain them? And does the supplier carry other than Whirlpool?

Wherever I am is where I'm supposed to be
Old 06-08-2012, 02:30 PM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills

They deliver and install and take away for no charge is my memory. Also, I looked online before trading in at the models I was getting rid of and the models I was replacing and even though I know TV gets wholesale, I just did the retail calculation to try and determine if I was being charged fairly or not with the exchange. I just thought it was easier to trade in and trade up then try to sell privately, have people moving appliances out of our house with no liability for scratching floors, etc and selling one by one. I may have paid a little more for convenience but it was seamless, easy and I was not even there.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:33 PM

JJ- NP2C
We will be in Fernandina on Abana Path. 7th lot down from the top on the golf course side. Enjoy your new home. Can't wait to meet the neighbors.
Old 06-14-2012, 09:36 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We had our design meeting today and it was great. Mary was very helpful. We were able to add, remove and change many options. As far as the appliances, you must take the microwave but not the other appliances. You can however, pick and choose appliances from different packages so you don't have to stick with a grouping. We actually found their appliance to be very close to the quotes we got at the store in our area. I did not realize we even can choose the color of the light switches covers.
We are so excited and can't wait to see how it all come together.
Thanks again for everyones help and suggestions.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:23 PM
Gold member

Congratulations on your new home!!! I just closed on May 4th on my new home in the Village of Charlotte and it turned out beautiful. If I do say so myself!!

I picked my appliance package for the stainless steel french door refrigerator!! I am hoping when I eventually move to TV that I won't need an additional small freezer! I don't cook that much any more but I do like my frozen fruit for my morning shakes! I got my washer and dryer with pedestals from Lowe's. I picked them as it would be easier for Mom to access the washer and dryer. We have an Iris so we still have that little niche for storage. Although, I picked the Iris so we had the niche for my two cat's litter box! I'm probably the only person that picked a model with her cats in mind!

Is it really true that your taxes are higher if you buy your appliances from TV. Why I ask that is because we have a condo on St. Augustine Beach. Every time, we we buy anything for our condo we have have to report it to St. John's County for tax purposes.
Old 06-16-2012, 06:10 AM

congrats, we also purchased an Iris. I hope we love it too. If you look at used homes, lots of them use that area for cats litter box. As a cat lover and one who is raising her college son's cat, I can relate. We got the black appliances with the french door fridge. BTW, we are from Northern VA and used to work in Falls Church. We need to get a washer and dryer. It will be a learning experience to run two homes at once for so many years.
My husband is not sure about the taxes, but it can't make such a difference. We need the write off for now.
Enjoy your home. I hope to meet you when we move.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.