Poetry Readings

Closed Thread
Old 10-20-2012, 09:27 AM
Location: Living in the Villages after 26 years on the Upper Westside of Manhattan!
Default Poetry Readings

Although I will not be a permanent resident for a few more months, we are closing on our house in a couple of weeks and I am thinking ahead. Are there any Poetry Readings in the Villages? Do famous poets (if there is such a thing) ever visit? (I am still flying high from seeing Mary Oliver read in NYC on Monday night.) Do Villagers get together to share and appreciate favorite poems? Do they share their own writing?
In many small towns restaurants sponsor readings on off nights, does this ever happen in the Villages?
formerly of Manhattan and weekends on the Jersey Shore--now living the dream in Caroline!
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Location: Brooklyn, NY Queens, NY Village of Summerhill, Village of Santiago

Here's a link to all the clubs in The Villages
There's a Poetry Discussion Group listed.

http://districtgov.org/images/ClubsListing.pdf
Old 10-20-2012, 09:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I have occasionally seen poems by residents posted in The Daily Sun.

I had not heard of Mary Oliver and did not know the subject of her poems (I just googled her name and found she is a Pulitzer prize winning poet who writes about the natural world and animals. AND she is from my beloved Ohio!)

I have never been to a poetry reading.

Gracie, the uninformed who loves this forum and the opportunity to expand my knowledge....

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.