Ceiling Fan Removal - Need Info

Closed Thread
Old 05-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Question Ceiling Fan Removal - Need Info

Hi,

I am in the middle of trying to remove the standard Kichler ceiling fan that came with our home. I have installed a number of ceiling fans in various homes that I have owned, but I am stumped with the removal of the housing that is next to the ceiling on this one.

There does not appear to be any sort of set screw or anything that can be removed in order to remove the housing... so that I might get to the wiring and thereby remove the fan.

I have tried turning the housing to no effect. It only moves about a half inch before it is too tight to move any more (in either direction).

Anyone who know how to remove this fan can surely save my sanity.

Thank you!

Old 05-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Sage

FWIW......I had similar dilemma recently with a Hunter fan. The housing on it turned just a bit and would stop. Once it stopped, I turned it back the other way just a tad, pulled down, and off the housing came.

If you can't find the original installation manual, here's contact info for Kichler:

Kichler customer service 866-558-5706
or email TechSupport@Kichler.com

Bill
Old 05-20-2012, 04:56 PM
Sage

Remember you always can use a hammer

The Villages Florida
Old 05-20-2012, 04:57 PM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-n-Brillo View Post
FWIW......I had similar dilemma recently with a Hunter fan. The housing on it turned just a bit and would stop. Once it stopped, I turned it back the other way just a tad, pulled down, and off the housing came.

If you can't find the original installation manual, here's contact info for Kichler:

Kichler customer service 866-558-5706
or email TechSupport@Kichler.com

Bill
Thank you, Bill!

Fortunately, my neighbor had one of these fans in his attic and I was able to see exactly how it worked. As with yours, the solution was a simple twist of the flange that is under the housing. The flange is secured with two screws that are in slots with a larger opening at one end of each so that when rotated, the screw heads will pass through the wider portion of the slots and the flange will then come free. The problem that I had was that one of the two screws was very tight, so instead of the flange rotating, it would only pivot.

Before seeing how it worked I was reluctant to force it. Needless to say, the fan is down now and I am on to the installation of the new fan.

Thanks again for you help!

Old 05-20-2012, 07:37 PM
Sage

Steadfast, you're most welcome! Glad it worked out for you - - -

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.