Where are the real Disney, Universal, SeaWorld discounts available?

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Where are the real Disney, Universal, SeaWorld discounts available?

It seems with the purchasing power of 65,000 residents, the Orlando attractions would make some overture with real discounts to Villagers. Has anyone ever worked on it? I heard once that the ticket office did have some discounted admissions, but, as we learned from other threads, the "I heard/someone told me" data can be somewhat fickle. C'mon, with all these posters on board someone must have some real "inside" scoop on where to get a good deal.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:14 PM
Default Re: Where are the real Disney, Universal, SeaWorld discounts available?

Universal discounts can only be gotten on line Thats what they told my wife and i after we waited on line at Universal I don't know how Disney does it :dontknow:
FT BENJAMIN HARRISON
FT LEE
TAIWAN
QUI NHON VIETNAM 66-67
Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

For Disney, the Florida resident discount is the way to go. Plenty of perks and discounts besides the park admission. Too many options (with or without waterparks, with or without "high" periods, etc), so best to check through Disney.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:21 PM

AAA has a tiny discount on the Florida Residents price for Disney. Seaworld Fl ticket is really cheap.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:13 AM

For Disney, try mousesavers.com !!! It seems to have the most accurate info on discounts and codes for deals. However, the new ticketing formula gets the most money the first few days and then gets more reasonable. However, for having been to disney World about eighty times from Illinois and often staying a week or longer even with our place in Duval, we have settled on the following. We buy an out of state annual pass a week or two after Thanksgiving and then use it 20 or 30 days getting in on Christmas etc. on both ends of the pass. Then we skip a year (too much pixie dust gets old) and repeat the annual pass which costs a little under $500.00. We generally save that much or more on rooms and meal discounts, and still go first class. We avoid disney packages and buy our own meals where and when we want. It's four lane all the way from Wildwood to the Disney Resorts if you are willing to pay about $3.50 in tolls and can be done in less than an hour from Duval. Note -- most so called big discounts are really time share in disguise -- Real Disney discounts are rare and moderate deals - p.s. Take some comfortable walking shoes and not new ones !!!!
Old 01-05-2008, 02:09 PM

Lucko, An out of state pass is cheaper than one for a Florida resident? Is the $500. fee for one person? I found a yearly pass for Florida residennts in the $350 range on Disney's site. Buying 2 of those (gotta take the wife), gets real sporty. Like you pixie dust does get old after a while.

Something else to check on is Cypress Gardens. I hear a yearly pass there is @ $50. and they have lots of things going on without the crowds.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.