pink laminate counter tops!

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2012, 03:36 PM
Default pink laminate counter tops!

Hello Everyone, I have those ugly, pink kitchen counter tops! Has anyone used that counter top kit to repaint them? I saw a kit at Home Depot and was wondering if it is worth the try?
Old 09-09-2012, 03:42 PM

I had looked at those once and then watched the videos on how to do it. Lets just say had new countertops installed. Watch some videos online about the product before buying to see if you're up to it. Not quite as easy as you would think youtube may have some also.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:49 PM

My neighbor did his... from far away it looks great, but you have to be very consistent in the sponging process and for the finishing. If not you can see all the brush and roller marks.

Then you have to keep replying the finish coat if you wipe down your counter tops a lot. It also scratches easy….. I say replace with new ones!!
Old 09-09-2012, 04:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

the guys at home depot will show you how it looks should have a sample in the store, the one at ours looks pretty good, and got to be better than pink
Old 09-09-2012, 05:01 PM
Veteran member

Do a search here on TOTV. I had the exact same problem. I bought online The Official site of COUNTERTOP PAINT - GianiGranite.com - USA

We were very pleased. My wife hated the look of the pink countertops, but as we plan on totally gutting the kitchen in a few years I did not want to spend much money getting rid of the pink.

I posted before and after pics....I'll try and do a search here and post the link. In my opinion, this was WAY better then any system sold at the big box stores. I did this a few years ago and it looks just as good today as it did the day we did them. It only cost me about $60 if I remember correctly.

Frank
Old 09-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Veteran member

Here is the link;

Counter Tops!!!

Frank
Old 09-10-2012, 10:03 PM

I did the countertops in both bathrooms last year and they look great. I got the brown color. They will certainly be great until I install granite later this year. You do need to be a bit careful about stuff on the counter which can scratch and do not use abrasive cleaners. I use one of the multisurface "Method" brand cleaners and it works great. A friend was going to do it in a rental but I think that renters might not be as careful about the care and cleaning as you would be in your own house.
Old 09-11-2012, 06:02 AM
Veteran member

Frank, you did a great job. And thanks for the reminder from my TOTV friiends that if you get thiings done after market you don't pay real estate tax on it and that selections can be larger. I always get great info and ideas here.
Old 09-12-2012, 04:15 PM
Default Laminate countertops

I haven't tried the countertop paint and probably won't, but the kit put out from Rustolium did a great job on my "pink" cabinets. It is a lot of work, but I am very pleased with mine.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.