Plant pots

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Gold member
Location: British Columbia, Seattle and Haciendas at Mission Hills
Default Plant pots

We have a lot of beautiful plant pots but of course they are heavy. I do a lot of container gardening. Did you bring your planters with you or did you let them go because they cost too much to move? And where are you allowed to put them, I am thinking mostly in the backyard? Can they go under the roof line in the front of the house?
Old 08-05-2012, 11:45 AM
Sage

They are heavy and you pay to move them. Will they coordinate with your new home? If so, and you love them, bring them down. If you have some doubt about how they'll look, determine what they cost and what replacement will cost.

We have plants in decorative pots in planters in the back yard. Have plants in pots along the sidewalk up to my front door. I've seen plants in decorative pots in plant beds in front yards. As long as the pots aren't black nursery pots, I don't believe the pots are a problem. If I'm mistaken, I'm sure someone will provide another answer.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Gold member

My aunt, who is too young to live in TV, lives in Stuart, Florida. She has huge pots just inside her large birdcage. Her plants are beautiful around the pool.
Old 08-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Sage

The pots I absolutely had to bring were emptied of their plants and soil to afford an easier move. Don't regret a single one I brought with me - wish I had brought more!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.