Please inform me

Closed Thread
Old 12-27-2013, 07:10 AM

From the perspective of a newbie, I have never seen a nicer forum. Wonderful people on the board, even more so in PM's. Wants to make me give you all a group hug and buy you all a drink!

See you all at the end of January! PM us your drink order.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-27-2013, 07:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleLatinaWife View Post
From the perspective of a newbie, I have never seen a nicer forum. Wonderful people on the board, even more so in PM's. Wants to make me give you all a group hug and buy you all a drink!

See you all at the end of January! PM us your drink order.

The Villages Florida

YOU are gonna fit right in, girl!
Old 12-27-2013, 07:22 AM
Platinum member

That in why we must have the NSA monitor all forums like these to nab the perps.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 12-27-2013, 07:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,943 Times in 796 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cisco Kid View Post
That in why we must have the NSA monitor all forums like these to nab the perps.
Eye see...
Old 12-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Sage

TOTV moderators do a good job in closing threads, where statements are made referring directly to another poster, in an insulting manner.

Besides, "I don't let anybody rent space in my head". :

Some newer posters that have joined this forum, make derogatory statements and tend to go away, after a while. Almost all people, will recognize, they are trying to get a rise out of people, and ignore their posts.

This is a informative, fun site and filled with positive people. Negative people who tend to think, they are the only one's that have truth in them, disagree with other posters, and that forms a healthy discussion.

As long as we "agree to disagree respectfully" is the key to harmony.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,542 Times in 1,926 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
TOTV moderators do a good job in closing threads, where statements are made referring directly to another poster, in an insulting manner.

Besides, "I don't let anybody rent space in my head". :

Some newer posters that have joined this forum, make derogatory statements and tend to go away, after a while. Almost all people, will recognize, they are trying to get a rise out of people, and ignore their posts.

This is a informative, fun site and filled with positive people. Negative people who tend to think, they are the only one's that have truth in them, disagree with other posters, and that forms a healthy discussion.

As long as we "agree to disagree respectfully" is the key to harmony.

As always. Kind, smart, fair and very thought provoking. So glad you are here, Joe.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Sage

That was a good question, OP. I have been perceived as bullying but my intention was to expose someone trying to use the community, and I was one of only three people who understood that there was a money grabbing scheme going on, while most were expressing sympathy and wanted to help.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM
Sage

Thanks Gracie. So glad that you are here to greet new people, as well as the veterans.

Always welcoming people to your home.!!! A great example of what people should strive for.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
Thanks Gracie. So glad that you are here to greet new people, as well as the veterans.

Always welcoming people to your home.!!! A great example of what people should strive for.
Both of you are extreme hosts, Joe, you and Grace! I don't have any friends who are bullies, I have the greatest friends on earth. Feeling very blessed and lucky to be in TV!
God bless us every one!
Old 12-27-2013, 09:59 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BettyCrocked View Post
Well said, Senior. It has always amazed me how some are totally discredited because they prefer to remain "anonymous" on an internet message board. After witnessing the bullying that goes on, there's no way in the world I'd give out my personal information here! I've met a few posters on this board and am selective about who I choose to share my information with privately. In my job, I see a lot of the consequences of giving out personal info in social media so I'm more cautious than most.
You pretty much hit the clique thing on the mark. Anyone with under 100 posts is immediately pounced on by either the "give me a link, give me proof...." crowd or the "why did you post this" self-anointed message board censors.
I've always wondered why so many people who profess to live in Disney for adults spend most of their time sitting inside on a computer looking for posts to pick apart.
Old 12-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes. BUT MOSTLY by anonymous people and by that I mean those who have never or will never meet other members of TOTV face to face at anytime, even if they do NOT reveal their real name.

There are many who post who have strong opinions and are reasonable in the presentations of them but many have not so hidden agendas against the majority's traditional views and politics. They will use any platform to be contrarian and will make fun of people who are generally happy here and who are annoyed by their general negativism. I believe that the politics of the developer is a a burr under the saddle with many of these folks.

If a person is a reasonable debater and is able to win a debate through logical presentation of facts and opinions, that is NOT bullying. That is winning an argument.

EVERYONE gets angry and frustrated sometimes. People are people. But ANONYMOUS people have absolutely no reputation to uphold or ruin.

Even those who are nice... are not above a jab now and then.

SO...OP. Why do you ask and how do you see yourself? Mais, je pense Monsieur Beaubein isn't anonymous. N'est pas? But you are NOT a villager?
Yes--- i have a right to my privacy and the freedom of speech --- Thank you - I prefer not to meet some people -- Thank again - I really dont care who you are or what your real name is ---Thank you
Old 12-27-2013, 10:15 AM
TOTV Moderator

The Admin and Moderators are governed by the TOTV Site Guidelines and react/respond accordingly. Please take the time to read through them

https://www.talkofthevillages.com/fo...p?pageid=rules

Bullying, personal attacks, profanity, etc are not allowed. We do our best to maintain a civil tone while allowing for freedom of expression. We can agree to disagree without making it personal.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.