POA - Hacienda Hills

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2020, 07:47 AM

‘They’ don’t have to release any statement, etc......private organization and they don’t care.
Old 08-14-2020, 08:12 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Exclamation Rest Assured

You can be rest assured the POA is into it and you will see a response. Although I have not attended their Board Meetings I would bet the farm they will have a position!! A practice of theirs is not to run into a problem without an investigation into the background and a solid analysis of the situation. Since it is an Owner (Forget Developer term!) want you will not see a fair and balanced response by the HOA as it would be the Owner talking to himself.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:08 AM
Default POA Hacienda Hills

Ask not what the POA can do for you - ask what you can do for the POA.
With the concealed swiftness of the developers action on Hacienda Hills - it is obvious that the Hacienda Hills neighborhood had very little protection against the developers plans. Very likely each homeowner lost $10,000 - $40,000 of their property value now that they will be looking at a massive apartment complex instead of a pretty country club.
I'm sure the POA needs volunteers to research the facts on how this happened and why the neighbors were so poorly protected. Hopefully many homeowners are prompted to volunteer their time, research this out, and work to change whatever laws and policies that allowed this to happen. We need to prevent this from happening in other neighborhoods that are similar to Hacienda Hills.
Old 08-14-2020, 10:45 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Those that say apartments will reduce real estate values in the area may be incorrect. It will depend on how the “project” is designed and completed. That said, I can understand the concern because of the uncertainty of the situation. Fear of the unknown can be very real. If this took place under a municipal type of government, approval by that government body would need to take place prior to any construction. Under a Community Development District type government (CDD) who knows what the rules and regulations are under that form of development? Above my pay grade but perhaps not the POA, VHA, or the Developers many attorneys.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollydog View Post
With the concealed swiftness of the developers action on Hacienda Hills - it is obvious that the Hacienda Hills neighborhood had very little protection against the developers plans. Very likely each homeowner lost $10,000 - $40,000 of their property value now that they will be looking at a massive apartment complex instead of a pretty country club.
I'm sure the POA needs volunteers to research the facts on how this happened and why the neighbors were so poorly protected. Hopefully many homeowners are prompted to volunteer their time, research this out, and work to change whatever laws and policies that allowed this to happen. We need to prevent this from happening in other neighborhoods that are similar to Hacienda Hills.
So share the research you used to determine the value loss projections, how you determined that the neighborhood or any neighborhood needs protection from the Developer? Oh wait, you're just speculating based on your own bias right? Maybe the parking lot would have been been a better fit in your view? Or were you suggesting that the law should be changed so you can force someone to build or buy what the residents want without putting money into the venture? This whole conversation is ridiculous, we have no data on what is going in, what it will look like, what the restrictions are or aren't. Only speculation. You do know that the POA and VHA have no legal standing right?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 08-14-2020, 12:01 PM
Veteran member
Default Poa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Where is the POA on the Hacienda Hills apartments and redevelopment plan? The giving away of amenity fees? I thought they were suppose to be "The POA is the largest and ONLY true advocacy organization in The Villages, Champions for Residents’ Rights since 1975." Not a peep. Nothing from the AAC meeting. No position paper on their website. Nothing on this site or others? Seems like they have let down the members on this one. I'll remember this with they come knocking to dues next time
This issue is just now in the planning phase so a position will not be developed until the specifics and details have been spelled out.
The POA and has been front and center of property owner issues. A good example is the Sumter County elections for County Commissioners which is going on now until the end of Aug 18. The POA studied and recommended Estep, Miller and Search to replace the incumbents who have close ties to the developer. These 3 have stated a prime objective is to roll back the 25% tax increase imposed by the incumbents.
So if you don't want to support the POA, no problem, but they are very supportive of property owners in The Villages.
Old 08-14-2020, 01:35 PM
Soaring Eagle member

The Country Club and pool were not amenities but at the meeting 300 amenity “passes” were granted to the possible new apartment dwellers. This is the issue.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
I would think every homeowner in the Villages living on a Championship Golf course, which are developer owned, would feel like their substantial investment is resting on egg shells right now. And to think these poor folks paid a substantial premium to now be living in fear of their investment. We feel very fortunate that our home is not near any land owned by the developer, except for land that is considered a wildlife preserve, which can never be built on. Or then again, could it? The Villages of Mission Hills was built on wetlands that were built up to support home construction. Bottom line, the developer has proven they are going to do whatever they want, regardless of how many people their actions upset, and no one can stop them.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TandHSTAR@AOL.com View Post
This is the part no one hears
It was never part of our amenities. It is owned by the developer. So technically we have no say. It was offered for sale and it was declined. Are there other options now?
Give it up! Very few people read and comprehend. It is more fun to hate.
Old 08-14-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perrjojo View Post
The Country Club and pool were not amenities but at the meeting 300 amenity “passes” were granted to the possible new apartment dwellers. This is the issue.

Perfect thought, both of these entities should be involved as it was a unanimous decision to give away amenity fees.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:21 PM

There are so many residents saying “ it was offered to the AAC for purchase and was turned down”. It was turned down because the AAC learned their lesson with the El Santiago Club. It was one of the best Places to eat and hang out after playing golf. Good food, great outdoor space. After several owners it started to go down hill.The developer supposedly tried to get something going with it try and stay a restaurant, to no avail. The developer constantly says he does not want to be in the restaurant business. He offered it to the AAC and they voted to purchase it. After the AAC bought it, it was “found to be in really bad shape” so despite the residents pleas to remodel an open another restaurant, it was demolished. This has happened at Silver Lake CC which was closed, Chula Vista CC which was closed as was the El Santiago CC. There is definitely a pattern here. Now Hacienda. How long before it’s Glenwood or Cane Garden or Palmer for that matter. There very well could be apartment complexes all over the Villages from 42 to 44.
Old 08-14-2020, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I disagree. I strongly disagree anyone has lost money or will lose money due to the apartments.
Old 08-14-2020, 07:42 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,247 Times in 362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I disagree. I strongly disagree anyone has lost money or will lose money due to the apartments.
So where would you rather live, next to a country club or next to an apartment complex. I think you actually know the answer.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 08-14-2020, 08:02 PM
Platinum member

People keep crying about the apartments. Personally my impression is the Morses have always built first class structures. I have no doubt that the building, facilities, and landscaping will be spectacular and blend nicely into the neighborhood.

My concern is the AAC giving away the amenity fees. That is roughly $500k per year. Does it take that much to maintain a pool? This is where the POA should have focused their attention. Unless they are planning a lawsuit of some type to stop the deal, the horse is out of the barn!
Old 08-14-2020, 08:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Not until their homes need to be sold. But many have certainly lost some of their lifestyle quality.
Closed Thread

Tags
poa, hills, hacienda, aac, meeting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.