POA newsletter

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2022, 05:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic Fox View Post
do you have a contact e-mail address for them, flusher, as I'd like to switch mine to e-mail

thank you
The info is on one of the pages of the paper.

As for the OP - there's no reason why you can't be that good neighbor, if you truly care about their homes' safety ("That paper sitting in a driveway for weeks shows who is home and who isn’t")... and pick up those papers from the driveways and either toss them or put them on their lanai, front porch, or even take them home and save them for the neighbor(s).

Meanwhile, anyone who gets them should know they can cease delivery any time they want, as this is a notification in every single one of those papers every month.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Poa?
POA of The Villages | Property Owners Association of the Villages
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 07-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djean1981 View Post
Poa?
POA (all caps): Property Owners' Association
Old 07-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,224 Times in 929 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is it fact about the homeowner being fined or is this just your opinion? I think the latter.
If you don't mow your lawn you will be definitely getting a fine. Do you really believe if this trash isn't picked up and left laying in the driveway or yard that the this would be overlooked?
Old 07-08-2022, 06:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
If you don't mow your lawn you will be definitely getting a fine. Do you really believe if this trash isn't picked up and left laying in the driveway or yard that the this would be overlooked?
Have you any evidence of anyone, since the inception of the POA newsletter how many years ago, being reprimanded for not removing the paper from their driveway?

We'll wait while you call Community Standards and get back to us on that.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The info is on one of the pages of the paper.

As for the OP - there's no reason why you can't be that good neighbor, if you truly care about their homes' safety ("That paper sitting in a driveway for weeks shows who is home and who isn’t")... and pick up those papers from the driveways and either toss them or put them on their lanai, front porch, or even take them home and save them for the neighbor(s).

Meanwhile, anyone who gets them should know they can cease delivery any time they want, as this is a notification in every single one of those papers every month.
Why don’t you go and pick up all them? Easy to tell someone else to do it. I’m tired of picking them up, I don’t blame people for being mad.
Old 07-08-2022, 07:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
Not fined.
Also what OBB said…….waiting for the number.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwarz View Post
Worse this time of year with so many folks having gone north. We cancelled ours from coming years ago but still pick up a bunch from neighbors driveways and off the streets.
How do you go about canceling it? I never read it and it usually sitting on my driveway for a couple of day before I realize it's there. It's a good advertisement for thieves to know no one is home.
Old 07-09-2022, 04:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisbad1 View Post
I sent email and they stopped mine, but neighbours are gone and theirs lays on driveway till it blows away or goes down sewer. What a waste. No wonder people dislike them, litter bugs. Who can we get to stop it?
My neighbors are nice enough to pick ours up. Why do you let your neighbor’s blow away or go down the sewer?
Old 07-09-2022, 04:42 AM
Veteran member

They have to guarantee the advertisers what the circulation is and that's the only way they can do it. If they just put it in a rack nobody really knows how many people get it. Not that anyone actually has to read it
Old 07-09-2022, 04:43 AM
Veteran member

Maybe they should be all picked up and thrown at the door of the news Outlet
Old 07-09-2022, 04:45 AM
Default Newspapers

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
Why is it acceptable for the POA paper to be slung in every driveway? Seems a better delivery method would be in a rack at the postal stations so those who want one can pick one up or even better just have the info available on a website. That paper sitting in a driveway for weeks shows who is home and who isn’t
Some of us prefer to pick it up at 5am in our driveway, rather than walk/drive to postal station. The paper will stop delivery for a day at a time if notified by phone or email.

Why do you want to restrict everyone because a few forget to notify the paper?
Old 07-09-2022, 05:18 AM
Veteran member

Always something. Simply call POA and stop delivery.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:29 AM
Default POA delivery in your driveway

There is a simple way to stop delivery in your driveway. Email them and ask to be on their "snowbird" list. Give them your away dates and the delivery will stop while you are gone. Or, you can ask that it be delivered by email, and you will permanently stop throwing it in your driveway.
Your neighbors who receive it while they are away have not done that. There is no way for the delivery person to know they are gone. You can suggest to your neighbors that they also inform them of their away dates.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil B View Post
Some of us prefer to pick it up at 5am in our driveway, rather than walk/drive to postal station. The paper will stop delivery for a day at a time if notified by phone or email.

Why do you want to restrict everyone because a few forget to notify the paper?
Yo, Phil this isn’t about the daily fish wrap

Tags
poa, driveway, paper, weeks, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.