Political Talk

Closed Thread
Old 09-09-2015, 04:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Political Talk

I have to use the site map on the left hand side to find it. But when I use that and go into the Political Talk area I can now see the posters, as apposed to "guest" for every one. It's interesting to say the least. I only looked at a thread I started about the KY Clerk of Courts.

I'm wondering if everyone can now see who is posting what on the Political Talk page.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Several posts on this. Yes, poster names currently show. The change had to do with a server update. Most people appear to want this. I Feel your name should not be revealed unless that is what you agreed to.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
Several posts on this. Yes, poster names currently show. The change had to do with a server update. Most people appear to want this. I Feel your name should not be revealed unless that is what you agreed to.
Yeah. I seriously doubt most people want their names posted without warning and after-the-fact.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Yeah. I seriously doubt most people want their names posted without warning and after-the-fact.
I couldn't agree more. To me it is super interesting to see the names attached to the post. I am nearly certain they would not have used the same tone nor said the same things if they new there name was there. A couple of them really caught me off guard based on things I have seen from them in the other open forums.
Old 09-09-2015, 06:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The site map does take one there but the forum is still not activated.

And as far as some behaving differently when their name is known? Based on the previous political forum where the names were the TOTV screen names, it did not mellow out the name callers and the attacks.....not one little bit.
I for one see no advantage to not knowing the screen names....still an anonymous situation. However I did hear that there were some nasty private messaging encounters. And that was the reason for the guest venue to block the ability to PM.

As usual the system had to be rigged due the the beligerent, discourteous, obnoxious few.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The site map does take one there but the forum is still not activated.

And as far as some behaving differently when their name is known? Based on the previous political forum where the names were the TOTV screen names, it did not mellow out the name callers and the attacks.....not one little bit.
I for one see no advantage to not knowing the screen names....still an anonymous situation. However I did hear that there were some nasty private messaging encounters. And that was the reason for the guest venue to block the ability to PM.

As usual the system had to be rigged due the the beligerent, discourteous, obnoxious few.
I will say I did see your name and I regularly agree with you but certainly there are time I do not. I was happy to say that I saw your name and it did not appear to me that you hid behind the "guest" name one bit. The particular post I saw seemed very straight forward and exactly as I would imagine your reply with your online name showing.

Good point about it being pretty much anonymous either way. That didn't dawn on me.
Old 09-09-2015, 09:23 PM
Sage

One cannot post in the forum right now... having posted with and without the name I rather like having the name show.
Closed Thread

Tags
political, talk, started, thread, looked, posting, page, shrug, courts, wondering, clerk, guest, find, side, hand, site, map, left, apposed, area, posters, interesting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.