Poll: Classifieds

View Poll Results: Do you want us to revert back to the forum post or continue as is until new updates?
Continue as is until new software updates are ready. 25 19.23%
Revert back now to the former classified forum posting style. 105 80.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2015, 08:02 PM
Veteran member
Default Panjo

I've never had a problem - i think people want an easy way and don't want to READ.
Old 01-19-2015, 08:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hello -

We have taken the feedback on the classifieds and have been working behind the scenes on updates. As with any programming this takes some time. Until the updates are released we wanted to know if the majority would prefer to continue as is or to revert back to the classified forum post format?

Thanks for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
Please, PLEASE do not revert back to something that will make this forum look like Craig's List again. It's supposed to be a forum for discussion, not a means of selling things.

Somehow people got hold of TOTV and turned it into Craig's List a while back. You couldn't find a thread for discussion without wading through pages and pages of things for sale.

If you revert back to the former classified forum, PLEASE keep the opt out feature, like you had with the political forum.
Old 01-19-2015, 09:47 PM
Gold member

Panjo is NOT user friendly and there are multiple extra steps. There is no need for a third party to be involved in this site.
Old 01-19-2015, 10:50 PM

I agree with the majority, revert back.
Old 01-19-2015, 11:19 PM

I liked the old way better. It seemed more user friendly to me. The biggest problem I see for both buyer and seller with panjo is the buy it now button.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:59 AM

I took the Poll Above and chose the old way.^^^^^
Reason being Panjo seemed easy enough at first when I was selling and buying. I was getting PM via Totv, but at some point that changed and I had to check in on the buying link each day to catch up with messages from buyers or sellers, some too late to make a deal.
Now for days it had been asking me to view message and update, and it does step one, but no step 2 in sight under arrow as listed, so it seems less user friendly, as time goes on.
Not to mention my first sale back in July the buyer clicked buy it now and I did not know until they PM'd me to ask why I had not called them about their purchase, learning the hard way.
Also I have sent sellers questions with no answers.
And my biggest pet peeve is Sellers not marking Items SOLD.....

Don't get me wrong I Love Totv and the classifieds, but wish there was not a Test Classified, as I have noticed many posting their for sale item there instead of above where it plainly says to Post Items for Sale Only.

Thank you Admin for all you do for us!
Old 01-20-2015, 11:13 AM

Please revert back!

The old method was a wonderfully rich interactive system where folks would ask questions, complain about the product, predict things wouldn't sell, and, generally, make for interesting reading.

I would read the threads for things that I didn't want to buy just to see how questions were answered and the back and forth between posters.

Folks in The Villages are very interactive. "Buy It Now" buttons don't fit in here.
Old 01-20-2015, 12:29 PM
Sage

I like the new panjo. The only thing I would suggest to get rid of the buy it now button
Old 01-21-2015, 02:45 PM

Panjo is MUCH better. Looking at 24 images per page sure beats scrolling through all those ads.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 PM
Default Poll for Classified

I prefer the old system. I used it and found it easy to post and to respond to postings. I honestly have not tried the new system. I started to and decided that it was too convoluted. Also, reading the threads on TOV, I do not think that I am alone in feeling this way.
Old 01-21-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admin View Post
Hello -

We have taken the feedback on the classifieds and have been working behind the scenes on updates. As with any programming this takes some time. Until the updates are released we wanted to know if the majority would prefer to continue as is or to revert back to the classified forum post format?

Thanks for your support and patience.

Best Regards,

TOTV Team
Your new system for listing classifieds is a giant leap forward and should be continued and enhanced. My only constructive criticism is that unless people respond to a For Sale Ad it keeps dropping down and goes completely out of sight. I know you have criteria for bumping an ad but the time frame is so long it tends to be punitive by not letting the ad be shown.
Old 01-22-2015, 11:52 PM

My vote would be to go back to the old system, you didn't have to wait over 12 hours for your item to be posted, if at all. Support from Panjo is limited in my experience and have not assisted me to completion, closed on weekends. I am all for new technology, but they need to work out too many bugs before this should be considered in my opinion. Thanks for asking.
Old 01-23-2015, 01:30 AM
Gold member

Ads should not be imited to items for sale in The VILLAGES if a Villager has propety or services for sale/rent outside The Villages.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:24 AM
Default Classifieds

Yes PLEASE go back to the old way.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:08 AM

Go back to the old way. I was able to easily communicate with the seller or buyer and conduct transactions. Now I have given up on Panjo... it is confusing, unclear and worst of all there is no time/date stamp so you cannot tell what was recently put on sale.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.