Poll: Classifieds

View Poll Results: Do you want us to revert back to the forum post or continue as is until new updates?
Continue as is until new software updates are ready. 25 19.23%
Revert back now to the former classified forum posting style. 105 80.77%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2015, 09:05 AM

Return to the original format.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:01 AM
Default Old way is better

In the old classified I felt like I was dealing with other villagers, but with pango it seems we are open to the whole world. Also since the change, I get better results using the online news classified which targets Villagers.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:41 AM

I prefer Panjo
Old 02-04-2015, 11:36 AM
Veteran member

Have wanted to buy and sell some items but can't get in touch with people . Am also afraid I will be charged for buying or when I sell an item. The old way was much better. Easier to use.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:43 AM

Go back to the other way!! It was much better! I also liked the section where you could look for an item you wanted to buy. Please include a wanted section!
Old 02-04-2015, 12:58 PM

Another vote for the old.
Old 02-04-2015, 08:36 PM

the old way
Old 02-06-2015, 01:20 PM

Revert to the old posting. Panjo is a pain. I'd rather have people contacted me and and deal with them directly.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:49 PM

I liked the old way.

On another note, does anyone know how is the best way to contact someone at TOTV by email or preferably by telephone. I am with a Club that has a posting on the site and we need to make changes or delete the information and start over. The gentleman that set up the posting is no longer in charge and not involved. I have sent two or three emails and have not been able to reach anyone or get a reply. Any information would be greatly appreciated and If you could reply directly to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I believe that Panjo was a commendable experiment. However, since it is Third-party server based website, it is too difficult to customize for our purposes. Also, each time Panjo updates their software, we are likely to have problems, yet we will not have the power to fix our own problems.

That being said, if users would just learn to buy and sell with Panjo properly, there would be far fewer problems. Here is what I have observed:

1. Too many sellers want to treat digital classifieds just like newspaper classifieds. They want a phone call and list their numbers. REALLY BAD IDEA! Phone numbers, once on the internet are there forever and can be used, along with other bits of data for identity theft.

Not to mention, why be a slave to a phone call from a buyer when you can have him message you and you can get to him at your convenience.

2. Sellers who have encouraged direct contact from Buyers have undermined the "Buy Now" feature and in doing so have caused serious grief resulting in "two" buyers, the one on their doorstep and the one who clicked "buy now" .

I would like to see an TOTV Inhouse Classified which better explains the proper method of use and also allows a "make offer" button.

I would also like to give sellers the choice of marking an item as "sale pending" so that they can choose to give a buyer time to view an item, without ending up with two buyers.

I am sure Admin will give us what we need. He has done an excellent job so far with the forum. It is one of the most functional I have seen.
Old 02-06-2015, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster46 View Post
I liked the old way.

On another note, does anyone know how is the best way to contact someone at TOTV by email or preferably by telephone. I am with a Club that has a posting on the site and we need to make changes or delete the information and start over. The gentleman that set up the posting is no longer in charge and not involved. I have sent two or three emails and have not been able to reach anyone or get a reply. Any information would be greatly appreciated and If you could reply directly to me it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your help.
At the very bottom of the page is the TOTV "contact us" button.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.