Pool Behavior and Usage by Outsiders

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2020, 11:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
You know something Bogie you’re correct. You didn’t deserve that but the way I took it is what the hell is the number for? The thread is about help at the pool. I wouldn’t give the number to Papa Johns. Anyway I apologize. We’re been good for years and I would like to keep it like that.

I’ve been involved in two situations where we stood up for people where the strong were preying on the weak. I’m living here to be peaceful and that’s what I’m going to be. Others questioning my involvement in keeping things up to snuff around here don’t have a clue. We both do our thing and don’t talk about it. That’s the thrill of being a good member of a community. I’m not in charge of solving every conflict.

Sorry again Bogie.
You my friend are a stand up guy!
Old 07-22-2020, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliebythesea View Post
My husband and I enjoy the pools late in the day, 6:30-7:00 and go nearly every day to the Charlotte pool. We love the evenings when there are no people and it is super quiet, it's heavenly. Last night was a disturbing experience. We went as usual and a single man was there, to add as a description not a profile, he was heavily tattooed from his head to his toes. Not something you usually see here. Don't start with a possible personal attack over the mention of tattoos, my grandkids and many family members have tattoos. He was drinking from a glass container a brown liquid and SMOKING!! AT THE POOL!! When we arrived he acknowledged us, about 10 min later on his cell phone started playing Leonard Skinner at a very loud volume so he could hear while in the water. The smoking was bad enough but not being a country rock fan we left after less than 30 minutes. I assume he does not live her, he was about 30-40 years old. What is the protocol for something like this? We left primarily because I was uncomfortable and the SMOKING!! The pools and golf are about all we do. Any suggestions?
UGH! Because we are not secure here and anybody can get in. Where I lived before you had a “pod” and only could get in that way and only residents had them. So anybody can drive in here and use the pools or recreation centers. Nobody asks for the ID we have. I always carry mine and not once was I asked. And he could be visiting or a renter. Very disappointed with this! I should have looked harder before moving here. I didn’t know people rent out so much. That is why you see so many people building pools! It’s safer and cleaner. I am going to start looking for recommendations for pool. Sorry for your bad experience. Thanks for sharing.
Old 07-22-2020, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,737 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
UGH! Because we are not secure here and anybody can get in. Where I lived before you had a “pod” and only could get in that way and only residents had them. So anybody can drive in here and use the pools or recreation centers. Nobody asks for the ID we have. I always carry mine and not once was I asked. And he could be visiting or a renter. Very disappointed with this! I should have looked harder before moving here. I didn’t know people rent out so much. That is why you see so many people building pools! It’s safer and cleaner. I am going to start looking for recommendations for pool. Sorry for your bad experience. Thanks for sharing.
I don't know about the outdoor facilities, but it is not true that anyone can drive in and use the rec center buildings. They do a pretty good job of checking IDs in the buildings. Apparently, there needs to be better enforcement, especially at the pools. I think the rec center managers are reluctant to tell people to get out of the pool to checks their ID. But, there are better ways to enforce the rules, like signing in or scanning your own ID card at the pool.
Old 07-22-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I think if management thought there was a problem the process might be changed.
Old 07-22-2020, 01:36 PM

Leonard Skinner? Or do you mean Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Old 07-22-2020, 03:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Pins and Needles - YouTube
Old 07-22-2020, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davelinda91 View Post
To be honest your tattoo statement wasn’t the issue with your analogy. The part I assume he does not live here... Based on the current conditions here in TV anyone can basically live or rent here. Adult family members are living with parents, owners are renting and no one is watching. Family of owners move right outside of the villages and come in on a guest pass, 30 days at a time. Summer is the worst, snowbirds are using Airbnb with daily rates less than Hotel prices, $65 a night. I also see rooms advertised for rent for less. The Villages themself sell to 20 percent younger than 55. It’s too big to control and it’s no longer a 55 plus community. It’s all about the almighty dollar. The more that come the more The Villages and owners make.
Someone needs to rewrite the rule book and enforce it. Where are the trolls?
Yes that is sad. Guess we should have researched better. I am only 57 and already don’t want to retire here! I didn’t realize so many people would rent their homes. So you never know who is a real resident and who isn’t. I still work so who knows. But not happy about the pools. Time to build my own. I see why so many put there own pools in. And the gates are a joke you don’t need a card, you drive up and the gates open. No pod to scan at the pool so anybody can use our pools. UGH
Old 07-23-2020, 09:29 AM

obviously I am not a fan ;-) DOn't even know how to spell his name!
Old 07-23-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgizzi View Post
Yes that is sad. Guess we should have researched better. I am only 57 and already don’t want to retire here! I didn’t realize so many people would rent their homes. So you never know who is a real resident and who isn’t. I still work so who knows. But not happy about the pools. Time to build my own. I see why so many put there own pools in. And the gates are a joke you don’t need a card, you drive up and the gates open. No pod to scan at the pool so anybody can use our pools. UGH
You don't want to retire here yet, you are going to build your own pool. Gates are not a joke, doing exactly what they were meant to do.
Mixed signals, now is a good time to sell..............

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.