Pool Cost

Closed Thread
Old 12-04-2020, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NavyVet View Post
I feel the same way. As residents since 2003, we made do with TV pools the first 10 years, then I had to give up on finding decent Lap Swim times at the sports pools and heaven forbid you try to 'swim' at the neighborhood 'pools'. We ended up buying our third house in 2017 so I could have my own pool. Best. Move. Ever. We had solar panels put in and use it a lot. Can't beat the privacy and convenience. T&D comes every week and takes care of everything, both the pool and the hot tub we added. We LOVE our staycation oasis!
You must have a huge pool if you can swim laps in it!
Old 12-04-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
In all the times I have read dewilson, I can only think of a couple of times we disagreed. We had an amazing team from T&D, actually two teams, one for the pool and the other for the bath, pillars, birdcage. I liked one better than another but both teams, headed by two people and their business ethics and design experience and work ethic are very praise worthy. We could have had it done cheaper but I doubt better. I was so impressed by the skill and diligence of almost all of the subs. One Not so much. But I know how to handle people pretty well.
I agree with Grace about the quality and professionalism of T&D. After watching the various groups of contractors throughout the building process, I was amazed at what went into the project and how efficient they are. Everything is done on a well organized schedule and I couldn’t believe how many different teams of contractors were part of the job. Each team specializes in a very specific function of the overall job, and are craftsman in their part of the process. Everything is overseen by a job foreman and the customer has his private cell phone number. He returns all calls promptly, and when he makes the call for the next group of subcontractors to show up, they show up almost immediately. I thought we were paying a premium for the job, but after witnessing everything that went into the project I was certain we made the correct decision. I am a picky individual and expect excellence when spending large sums of money, and T&D did not disappoint.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:08 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,775 Times in 3,643 Posts

Quote:
In all the times I have read dewilson, I can only think of a couple of times we disagreed. We had an amazing team from T&D, actually two teams, one for the pool and the other for the bath, pillars, birdcage. I liked one better than another but both teams, headed by two people and their business ethics and design experience and work ethic are very praise worthy. We could have had it done cheaper but I doubt better. I was so impressed by the skill and diligence of almost all of the subs. One Not so much. But I know how to handle people pretty well.

I'm so glad you had a good experience with them years ago.
But if a newbie Gracie came to me today, I would NOT recommend them.

Old 12-04-2020, 07:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
My experience exactly. T&D can’t be beat as far as quality, customer service, and follow up work. You get what you pay for, and I, for one, couldn’t be happier with them.
Old 12-04-2020, 07:59 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,775 Times in 3,643 Posts

Just to be clear........................I'm glad a few fellow posters had a good experience 5, 10, 12 years ago. Things change. My recommendation to the OP is to get CURRENT recommendations, what happened five years ago does not matter. I totally agree, they were the best years ago, but it's today. Eyes open.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,078 Times in 2,745 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Just to be clear........................I'm glad a few fellow posters had a good experience 5, 10, 12 years ago. Things change. My recommendation to the OP is to get CURRENT recommendations, what happened five years ago does not matter. I totally agree, they were the best years ago, but it's today. Eyes open.
Dewi, are you talking about T&D Pool and Spa Construction or the post Gary Morse developer squad?

Last edited by tophcfa; 12-04-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-04-2020, 08:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
Dewi, are you talking about T&D Pool and Spa Construction or the post Gary Morse developer squad?
Who knows what he means. We had them build a pool for us in 2016, and they’ve been nothing short of outstanding as far as maintenance and support to date. Even providing care after the warranty period expired.

To each their own

Last edited by photo1902; 12-05-2020 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Because I’m nice
Old 12-04-2020, 09:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rwirish View Post
TV has almost 100 pools. Use them, much cheaper.
When I was inquiring about Medicare plans some people suggested Advantage because they include a health club membership. I know myself well enough to know that I would NEVER use a health club membership, free or not. Same goes for neighborhood pools.

We have lived in homes with pools and in pool-less homes with community pools. NEVER used the community pools and I know I won't here, either. Doesn't matter why, just that I know I won't.

So the issue is: Do I want to spend $60-75k on a pool knowing that if we sell the house we will never recover most of that money? (I don't plan to move again but I have said that before!) Will we get enough use/enjoyment out of the pool to spend the money anyway? I go back and forth. I wish hubs was dying to get the pool so I could just let him decide.

k.
Old 12-05-2020, 05:33 AM
Veteran member

T&D put my 12x24 with Bird Cage, LED, Gas heater and swim jets for $70K. Excellent quality. All with Hayward equip. Went with them even though Fiesta was 10% cheaper because they didn't include landscaping, sprinkler, gas hookup, permits etc. I was going to have to pay subcontractors separate like the bird cage. T&D is sole vendor. Heard horror stories about All Season and Wiseman. Good references from Staycation and they don't have much of a wait. Hear T&D is a year out for quotes.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Who knows what he means, and more importantly, who cares. We had them build a pool for us in 2016, and they’ve been nothing short of outstanding as far as maintenance and support to date. Even providing care after the warranty period expired.

To each their own
I care what he means. He had a valid problem or he would not share it. Dewilson is a reliable and honest person.

Sometimes things go wrong.
Old 12-05-2020, 07:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
I care what he means. He had a valid problem or he would not share it. Dewilson is a reliable and honest person.

Sometimes things go wrong.
Then quit being vague and share what went wrong. I don’t personally know posters on this forum, so I cant speak to anyone’s character, nor should I.

The OP asked about costs of pool construction, and has been given many opinions. Nothing more nothing less. And yes, things go wrong, but things also go right, which has been my experience with T&D, having used them for three separate projects.
Old 12-05-2020, 10:41 AM

We are building...close mid Feb. Our 12 x 25 pool by at and D costs 64 k ..4.5 deep with sun beach 18 in deep at one end, decorative tile and waterfall. Decking and birdcage with denser screening for bug and sunburn prevention included. We want to do water aerobics on our own schedule and float around on floats if we want and with covid it is just safer and adds to the house value now.

Last edited by cj1040; 12-06-2020 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-05-2020, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenswing View Post
We'll be going through the design process here shortly. Our designer says the average pool price during construction is about $60,000. Although pools of $100k+ aren't uncommon.

Just make sure when you select a lot that it is big enough for a pool. They actually provided us with a CAD drawing of our lot with our house and pool placed on it before we put down our deposit..
We are building...close mid Feb. Our 12 x 25 pool by T and D costs 64 k ..4.5 deep with sun beach 18 in deep at one end, decorative tile and waterfall. Decking and birdcage with denser screening for bug and sunburn prevention included. We want to do water aerobics on our own schedule and float around on floats if we want and with covid it is just safer and adds to the house value now. Also saltwater pool with roll up cover and heat pump included

Last edited by cj1040; 12-05-2020 at 10:49 AM. Reason: Error in spelling
Old 12-05-2020, 11:01 AM

We like the pool classes at TV but they line up and get counted to enter and if you are not there early you may not get in....also the neighborhood pools are a great way to meet neighbors. We have rented for a month at TV for 6 years and are now building in chitty on a pond with a pool even though we are a 5 minute walk to the neighborhood pool. We can do our own class with music in our own pool, use our lounge floats and still go to the other places whenever we want which I will do after the virus settles down. It adds value to the house.
Old 12-05-2020, 11:04 AM
Default Thoughts about building a pool

We are building...close mid Feb. Our 12 x 25 pool by T and D costs 64 k ..4.5 deep with sun beach 18 in deep at one end, decorative tile and waterfall. Decking and birdcage with denser screening for bug and sunburn prevention included. We want to do water aerobics on our own schedule and float around on floats if we want and with covid it is just safer and adds to the house value now. Also saltwater pool with roll up cover and heat pump included[/QUOTE]
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, cost, compared, 100k, pictures

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.