The "Pool People" Tips and Suggestions.

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2022, 05:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,602 Times in 576 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegges View Post
Was it the Duval pool, because that would be the most uncomfortable cliques I have seen since high school.

We were told once by 6 women, that we couldn’t come in the pool, because it was only for Duvall residence only, if we didn’t leave community watch would be called.

We all know that’s a crock, however a new person may not know the rules of you can go anywhere at any pool. We have priority so I don’t really care about the adult only pool and the clientele that camps there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kbace6 View Post
Hello thelegges,

What do you mean that you have priority at the pools?
I am not a resident just yet and would like to know more about what you are speaking of.

Thank you.
-Kbace6
Quote:
I don’t think the OP asked how to make friends, but for ideas on being acknowledged at the pool. Maybe already had a lawn company and it’s not that tough to buy a golf cart and hopefully he did do diligence on the bond. Not everyone buys here blind. But the pool question no one can research or due diligence, because you won’t know that until you step in the gate. Since you have started posting in 2010, maybe you have not had the bad experience at neighborhood pools

Maybe you live might be in a new area, or an area where the many homes have been sold, But if you move to an established area like we did, pool people can be very Territorial and sometimes just outright mean. For us we just go to a CC pool, no high school drama there. Even our adult children refuse to use the adult pool here, because of the issues.

Some established neighborhoods are not happy that houses have been sold and new people have moved in and they definitely don’t want the new people anywhere near THEIR POO! And can be very vocal. Since 07 we have run into territory pool issues at 2 neighborhood pools. It’s not a lot, however the experiences can be hard for a new person moving in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
I was going to tell you that TheLegges is just special and allowed to go wherever he/she wants but ! But there is a priority pool membership that allows one to go to the country club pools. I am not Village “upper crust” so I have no experience with those pools to share
Quote:
Wow just because one has priority membership, ( starting 5/1 is called enhancement membership) does mean you are special, as your insulting post, or let’s just call it rude, comment. Since you don’t have any experience than, One can go to golf the Villages and read up on Enhancement membership.

Not sorry we planned our retirement to enjoy certain lifestyle that TV offers, been a Priority member since 2010. And have enjoyed every amenity that it offered. Now the enhancement membership starting in May 2022 may be a different story but that’s a year down the road for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The ONLY "membership" you can have for pools is for the Country Club pools. Those are not amenities of the Villages, they are amenities of the Country Clubs. I think you're confusing the OP (and others, apparently) by referring to it at all.

You can't be a priority member of any Villages amenity pool. You either are a resident who pays your monthly amenity fees and can use ANY neighborhood, regional, family, or sports pool in the entire Villages, or you're a visitor on a guest pass and accompanied by a resident, or a renter with a resident pass.

If you want to join the Country Club pool, that costs extra.
OBB here is my posts. No confusion, if one reads all the posts. One doesn’t join CC pool, you now buy an enhancement, and if one goes online you can see rates for the different enhancement offered. Priority was dissolved for anyone new, or renewing 5/1/22. Sad day, not only for prior priority membership, but for new enhancement membership
Old 05-29-2022, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The first two groups will stay in for hours and never leave to take care of nature calling shall we say. Makes us have yuch factor toward the pool.
The reason we have our own pool.
Old 06-01-2022, 08:06 AM
Gold member

If you want to fit in just talk about the subject I hear the most at pools. Doctor visits and your illnesses or conditions you are being treated for. You will be instantly accepted into the clique

Tags
pool, suggestions, people, pools, acknowledge

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.