Pool Security

Closed Thread
Old 12-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I'm a resident snow bird. My ID has no picture. Don't get me wrong we enjoy being here with all the activities. IMHO there's nothing that beats TV, if only the Morse family would have put it further south. But TV like all else isn't perfect. Hot tubs aren't much worse than the pools. Some days we get carded, others not.
I'm confused. How can you be a resident and not have a TV picture ID? And if you are just renting or using a guest pass, you can't use the sports pools. Assuming you're using the sports pools if you are swimming laps. If not, that brings up a whole 'nother ball of wax.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

If someone wants to take a chance at snagging something at a pool while other pistol-packing Mommas & Poppas are sitting playing cards then I wish you good luck. Our pools are normally crowded.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm confused. How can you be a resident and not have a TV picture ID? And if you are just renting or using a guest pass, you can't use the sports pools. Assuming you're using the sports pools if you are swimming laps. If not, that brings up a whole 'nother ball of wax.
A renter can get a resident ID for $50 and, thus, is free to use any and all facilities. The ID card is paper and a photo ID is also required.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Since the pool area is open for non-residents to use the bathroom, security can be an issue. I know of one resident who puts keys, phone, ID cards in a baggie with a note, “REMINDER. This phone is locked and traceable. I will prosecute.” Seems to have worked so far. But if you’re really worried, I’d use a waterproof fanny pack and waterproof phone case.

There have been a few thefts at the pools, but considering the use they get they really are few and far in between.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-22-2017, 11:13 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

This isn't club Med. We have tons of pools and now a hot tub is wanted...I don't think so.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwitch View Post
Since the pool area is open for non-residents to use the bathroom, security can be an issue. I know of one resident who puts keys, phone, ID cards in a baggie with a note, “REMINDER. This phone is locked and traceable. I will prosecute.” Seems to have worked so far. But if you’re really worried, I’d use a waterproof fanny pack and waterproof phone case.

There have been a few thefts at the pools, but considering the use they get they really are few and far in between.
Actually there are quite a few thefts, and lots of time it is just small stuff - articles of clothing, swimming gear, etc. My spouse and friends use the sport pools all the time, and this is what staff has told them. My suggestion is to travel light, and put the essentials in a baggie near the pool where you are exercising.
Old 12-22-2017, 04:58 PM

Quote:
When I go to water classes I'm USUALLY carded and asked for a picture ID. BUT, there is no safe place for valuables while in the pool. ALSO, hot tubs would be nice
I want an enclosed pool, a sauna, a rock climbing wall, indoor Pickleball courts, a domed softball complex with stadium seating and a puppy with every new house purchase. Oh.... and no increase in amenities.
Old 12-22-2017, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Never take phone or wallet to the pools.....there is no need. This conversation is silly.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-22-2017, 11:07 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
When I go to water classes I'm USUALLY carded and asked for a picture ID. BUT, there is no safe place for valuables while in the pool. ALSO, hot tubs would be nice
There is a public hot tub at the Southside pool on the historic side. No priority membership needed. Open after dark, too.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 12-23-2017, 09:08 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
I want an enclosed pool, a sauna, a rock climbing wall, indoor Pickleball courts, a domed softball complex with stadium seating and a puppy with every new house purchase. Oh.... and no increase in amenities.
that some funny stuff!!! especially free puppy!~ this will get the poopie forums going, God i crack myself up. l.o.l.
Old 12-23-2017, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
I'm a resident snow bird. My ID has no picture. Don't get me wrong we enjoy being here with all the activities. IMHO there's nothing that beats TV, if only the Morse family would have put it further south. But TV like all else isn't perfect. Hot tubs aren't much worse than the pools. Some days we get carded, others not.
Hubby and I were seasonal for a few years and our Villages ID cards had our picture them. Do you own your home as we did when we were seasonal? Maybe renters don't get the photo on their ID card?
Old 12-24-2017, 06:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57ChevyFI View Post
You can have the indoor pool without going too far, Del Webb Spruce Creek in Summerfield between 441 and 25 has this indoor pool.

The Villages Florida
Old 12-24-2017, 08:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Awesome this is all "we" can complain about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the square View Post
This isn't club Med. We have tons of pools and now a hot tub is wanted...I don't think so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Never take phone or wallet to the pools.....there is no need. This conversation is silly.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Hubby and I were seasonal for a few years and our Villages ID cards had our picture them. Do you own your home as we did when we were seasonal? Maybe renters don't get the photo on their ID card?
Our resident card has no picture
Old 12-27-2017, 09:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
I agree, if you have anything valuable I would bring it to the pool but I do understand sometimes after classes you do want to do other things that you would need some of the things you're talking about. Even in TV, there's all walks of life, just like there's in any other crime city. Speaking of getting carded, not all pools do that. You go to some pools & look at some of the people there & you can tell right away they don't live in TV or aren't visiting. Some of these people come with 5 or 6 other adults, dragging 2 to 5 kids behind them. I know someone probably thinks I'm being racist & that OK, but I bet I'll right more than they can prove me wrong. Just my opinion!
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, place, valuables, safe, nice

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.