Pool Security

Pool Security

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:15 PM
Gold member

Location: The Berkshires of Western Massachusetts and the Villages

I put my valuables in a backpack and leave it by the edge of the pool while I swim laps. Someone would have to be very aggressive to go into the pool area and steal my backback from the edge of the pool. And if I caught them, they would also be very sorry.

Old 12-22-2017, 07:18 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I need my village ID plus drivers licenses a picture ID . No safe place. Hot tubs way down south I'm told.
Who told you that you need a driver's license as photo ID? Your Villages ID has your photo on it. That is all that is necessary. I never bring my wallet or driver's license to the pools or the fitness centers. My villages ID card is all that is necessary for any activities here in The Villages.
Old 12-22-2017, 07:45 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Who told you that you need a driver's license as photo ID? Your Villages ID has your photo on it. That is all that is necessary. I never bring my wallet or driver's license to the pools or the fitness centers. My villages ID card is all that is necessary for any activities here in The Villages.
He probably drives his car to pools. Let's you have to have your village I'd to get in, so,,,,,, means only villagers in the confines of the pool. So, why would there be thieves around????
HOt tub
Old 12-22-2017, 08:00 AM
Veteran member

Default HOt tub

Get one for home. Easy to maintain. We use ours every day all year long.
Old 12-22-2017, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

I'm a resident snow bird. My ID has no picture. Don't get me wrong we enjoy being here with all the activities. IMHO there's nothing that beats TV, if only the Morse family would have put it further south. But TV like all else isn't perfect. Hot tubs aren't much worse than the pools. Some days we get carded, others not.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Nelson View Post
I'm a resident snow bird. My ID has no picture. Don't get me wrong we enjoy being here with all the activities. IMHO there's nothing that beats TV, if only the Morse family would have put it further south. But TV like all else isn't perfect. Hot tubs aren't much worse than the pools. Some days we get carded, others not.
I'm confused. How can you be a resident and not have a TV picture ID? And if you are just renting or using a guest pass, you can't use the sports pools. Assuming you're using the sports pools if you are swimming laps. If not, that brings up a whole 'nother ball of wax.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Sage

If someone wants to take a chance at snagging something at a pool while other pistol-packing Mommas & Poppas are sitting playing cards then I wish you good luck. Our pools are normally crowded.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I'm confused. How can you be a resident and not have a TV picture ID? And if you are just renting or using a guest pass, you can't use the sports pools. Assuming you're using the sports pools if you are swimming laps. If not, that brings up a whole 'nother ball of wax.
A renter can get a resident ID for $50 and, thus, is free to use any and all facilities. The ID card is paper and a photo ID is also required.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-22-2017, 09:24 AM
Sage

Since the pool area is open for non-residents to use the bathroom, security can be an issue. I know of one resident who puts keys, phone, ID cards in a baggie with a note, “REMINDER. This phone is locked and traceable. I will prosecute.” Seems to have worked so far. But if you’re really worried, I’d use a waterproof fanny pack and waterproof phone case.

There have been a few thefts at the pools, but considering the use they get they really are few and far in between.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 12-22-2017, 11:13 AM

This isn't club Med. We have tons of pools and now a hot tub is wanted...I don't think so.
Closed Thread

Tags
pool, place, valuables, safe, nice