Porch Dogs

Closed Thread
Old 02-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Default Porch Dogs

I see the Porch Dogs are playing Sumter Landing for Mardi Gras. Before coming to The Villages we used to go to Burnt Store Marina in Punta Gorda. There was a group used to play there once in awhile called The Porch Dogs. They were really good and extremely popular. You had to get reservations to go the nights they played.
I hope it's the same group. I just said to my wife a couple of weeks ago that I wished The Porch Dogs would come to The Villages. They have several of their own songs and I still laugh once in awhile when I think about them singing "I'm not leaving til I'm heaving"
We will definitely be there hoping it's the same group.
Old 02-17-2012, 03:47 PM
Platinum member
Default Cajun/Zydeco

Quote:
Originally Posted by gump1 View Post
I see the Porch Dogs are playing Sumter Landing for Mardi Gras. Before coming to The Villages we used to go to Burnt Store Marina in Punta Gorda. There was a group used to play there once in awhile called The Porch Dogs. They were really good and extremely popular. You had to get reservations to go the nights they played.
I hope it's the same group. I just said to my wife a couple of weeks ago that I wished The Porch Dogs would come to The Villages. They have several of their own songs and I still laugh once in awhile when I think about them singing "I'm not leaving til I'm heaving"
We will definitely be there hoping it's the same group.
Andy, Greg and the others are out of the Orlando area. Only one band could have a name like that. They're here every Mardi Gras and used to play at Katie Belle's once a month until Paul Vesco got involved. They will be playing about 4:15 to 9 PM at the Pavilion, LSL on Tuesday 2/21 but you can also catch them 11 AM to 2:30 PM in Leesburg on Saturday 2/18 and at the Potato Festival in Bunnell in May. They frequently play in Sanford, Palatka and Mount Dora too. They've been together about 10 years.

A group of Zydeco dancers (many from Ocala) will be dancing to their music on Tuesday. Do you Zydeco?

Skip
Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post
Andy, Greg and the others are out of the Orlando area. Only one band could have a name like that. They're here every Mardi Gras and used to play at Katie Belle's once a month until Paul Vesco got involved. They will be playing about 4:15 to 9 PM at the Pavilion, LSL on Tuesday 2/21 but you can also catch them 11 AM to 2:30 PM in Leesburg on Saturday 2/18 and at the Potato Festival in Bunnell in May. They frequently play in Sanford, Palatka and Mount Dora too. They've been together about 10 years.

A group of Zydeco dancers (many from Ocala) will be dancing to their music on Tuesday. Do you Zydeco?

Skip
I can't pass up a plug for our Cajun/Zydeco Workshop/Dance group. We meet on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Weds. at Truman Rec. Ctr. from 7:00 - 9:00 pm. See the Rec. News for details. We have a lot of fun and we always have beginners. Lots of teaching going on.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skip View Post

Skip
Thanks Skip for posting this information. I'm looking forward to them again and it would be nice if they played here more often than once a year.
I don't do Zydeco but it is fun to watch.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.