Is this possible?

Closed Thread
Old 06-05-2015, 03:30 PM
Gold member
Default Is this possible?

Went to lunch today with a group of woman. I had mentioned to the ladies that I had seen crystal Gayle at the Sharon and enjoyed the show well one of the women had asked me if they made an announcement prior to the show on using the restrooms. I told her No what did she mean? She told me that she recently went to a show and when she got up to use the restroom, the usher would not allow her back into the theater. I never heard of this so am just throwing out there to see if anyone has experienced this?? She said the usher said it would be disturbing to the others trying to enjoy the show? Makes no sense to me (especially seniors as they do need restrooms). Has anyone heard this before?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahips View Post
Went to lunch today with a group of woman. I had mentioned to the ladies that I had seen crystal Gayle at the Sharon and enjoyed the show well one of the women had asked me if they made an announcement prior to the show on using the restrooms. I told her No what did she mean? She told me that she recently went to a show and when she got up to use the restroom, the usher would not allow her back into the theater. I never heard of this so am just throwing out there to see if anyone has experienced this?? She said the usher said it would be disturbing to the others trying to enjoy the show? Makes no sense to me (especially seniors as they do need restrooms). Has anyone heard this before?
Oh ja, but they let people take flash pictures and videos and don't stop them from disturbing other people?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Gold member

I know. It all sounds crazy!! Will be interesting to see if anyone experienced this
Old 06-05-2015, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Yes this is absolutely true. It happened the same way when one of our party got up to use the bathroom and was not allowed to go back in.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:12 PM
Sage

It happened at Million Dollar Quartet. The usher said it was the performers who requested no one leave. He said if you did you would have to finish watching the show on a big screen TV downstairs. It was a great show but I think it is alot to expect of a crowd of senior citizens. I will say this though I didn't want to miss one minute of that show. It was worth having to cross my legs for the last half hour.
Old 06-05-2015, 04:56 PM
Veteran member

I have been to a LOT of concerts, in all size venues in my life and I have NEVER heard of this policy ... anywhere. Out of courtesy, I have / do waited between songs to retake my seat,

The "usher" would have to physically restrain me from going back to my seat.
Old 06-05-2015, 05:06 PM

We sat in the first row of the mezzanine and I noticed that people only came back in during applause after a number. Very nice to not be disturbed during the performance!
Old 06-05-2015, 08:17 PM
Veteran member

I like waiting until a break before going back in; but to be banned once you leave? Not so much.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 06-06-2015, 12:02 AM

Such practice, of not allowing re-admittance while a show, play, or concert is in progress, is standard procedure in finer venues across the country. It sounds like The Sharon may be adopting this practice for certain performances.
Old 06-06-2015, 05:56 AM
Default Request of performers

We went to see the Million Dollar Quartet and the "no return" was the policy. We were told that it was at the request of the performers and it was NOT a policy of the Sharon. If it is happening at other performances, then we were not given correct information.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,508 Times in 1,908 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiserbud47 View Post
We went to see the Million Dollar Quartet and the "no return" was the policy. We were told that it was at the request of the performers and it was NOT a policy of the Sharon. If it is happening at other performances, then we were not given correct information.
I think that when negotiating contracts here they will need to put in the contract for an intermission. It could be item, umm, P.

But that all Depends.
Old 06-06-2015, 06:30 AM

Quote:
This is not an unusual practice at upscale performances and is for the enjoyment of all. For seniors, it is more awkward. I prefer to enter again at a break, not wanting to disturb the audience.
Old 06-06-2015, 08:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
It could be item, umm, P.

But that all Depends.
HaHa!
Old 06-06-2015, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I think that when negotiating contracts here they will need to put in the contract for an intermission. It could be item, umm, P.

But that all Depends.
It's a good thing the performing arts center is in Spanish Springs, because, uh, er... there is no p in Sumter.Whereas there is pee-pee in Spanish Springs.

I am so funny. (Not...)
Old 06-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopeful2 View Post
Such practice, of not allowing re-admittance while a show, play, or concert is in progress, is standard procedure in finer venues across the country. It sounds like The Sharon may be adopting this practice for certain performances.
I would suggest that it is a stretch to term a venue that books a B- Country act like Crystal Gayle one of the "finer venues across the country" .... considering that she regularly plays at the Orange Blossom Opry in metropolitan Weirsdale. That place is your basic dump.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, heard, usher, told, restrooms, seniors, back, theater, experienced, enjoy, disturbing, makes, sense, throwing, gayle, crystal, sharon, enjoyed, ladies, mentioned, lunch, today, woman, group, women

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.