Cars Burglarized

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2018, 05:04 AM
Sage
Default Cars Burglarized

In the unmentionable online news, a number of cars were burglarized @ the Eisenhower Rec Center--with proximity to certain areas of Leesburg & Wildwood--word to the wise--leave nothing valuable in your cars or golf carts, when parking during hours of darkness--TV is not a "gated" community @ there are no surveillance cameras on Buena Vista & Morse Blvd pff of Rte 44
Old 03-28-2018, 06:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
In the unmentionable online news, a number of cars were burglarized @ the Eisenhower Rec Center--with proximity to certain areas of Leesburg & Wildwood--word to the wise--leave nothing valuable in your cars or golf carts, when parking during hours of darkness--TV is not a "gated" community @ there are no surveillance cameras on Buena Vista & Morse Blvd pff of Rte 44
There is a picture of the new looking SUV he was driving in the parking lot and a description of the dark skinned male who broke into the cars. It is an unusual happening and it makes me furious. In fact I can't think of it ever happening; cars broken into at a rec center here.

I have great trust in the combined effort of the Lake, Sumter, and Marion L.E.O.s. They found those scoundrels who mugged a Villager outside Target a couple of years ago. They worked with Orlando L.E.O.s to catch the pair.

Last edited by graciegirl; 03-28-2018 at 07:08 AM.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:01 AM
Veteran member

[QUOTE=graciegirl;1527645]There is a picture of the new looking SUV he was driving, in the parking lot and a description of the dark skinned male who broke into the cars. It is an unusual happening and it makes me furious. In fact I can't think of it ever happening; cars broken into at a rec center here.

I have great trust in the combined effort of the Lake, Sumter, and Marion L.E.O.s. They found those scoundrels who mugged a Villager outside Target a couple of years ago. They worked with Orlando L.E.O.s to catch the pair.[/QUOTE

This is why i am glad we live in a CC state and the Castle Doctrine applies which is stand your own ground.
Can you imagine if this individual was confronted by someone going to there vehicle while they where breaking in there car.
A lot of woman carry and i am glad they do and were properly trained by ex- law enforcement and military at 44 to carry safely.
Old 03-28-2018, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

A thief stealing from a car is not an offense warranting drawing a concealed weapon. Certain condition exist that govern when a weapon could or should be drawn. As soon as a weapon is drawn it is considered brandishing. A drawn weapon denotes lethal force intended.

Please read the following to get calibrated to the reality of carrying and when to draw a concealed weapon:

When To Draw Your Concealed Carry Handgun - USA Carry
Old 03-28-2018, 07:36 AM

You also need to consider the fact that the thief might be armed too. Better to just call for help and try to get the license or a photo than confronting someone. Locking a car doesn't make it secure, there are types that will just smash windows, or cut a convertible top if they see something tempting. If I need to leave bags or my purse in the car, I lock them in the trunk out of sight. Use some common sense people, don't leave stuff in your car!
Old 03-28-2018, 07:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

[QUOTE=Chellybean;1527649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a picture of the new looking SUV he was driving, in the parking lot and a description of the dark skinned male who broke into the cars. It is an unusual happening and it makes me furious. In fact I can't think of it ever happening; cars broken into at a rec center here.

I have great trust in the combined effort of the Lake, Sumter, and Marion L.E.O.s. They found those scoundrels who mugged a Villager outside Target a couple of years ago. They worked with Orlando L.E.O.s to catch the pair.[/QUOTE

This is why i am glad we live in a CC state and the Castle Doctrine applies which is stand your own ground.
Can you imagine if this individual was confronted by someone going to there vehicle while they where breaking in there car.
A lot of woman carry and i am glad they do and were properly trained by ex- law enforcement and military at 44 to carry safely.
What does your last paragraph have to do with this incident?
Old 03-28-2018, 07:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatbrat View Post
It’s common sense to lock your car any where.....not just in the proximity to certain areas of Leesburg & Wildwood.
Btw what”certain areas” are you referring to?
Old 03-28-2018, 08:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;1527665]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post

What does your last paragraph have to do with this incident?
Perhaps because this incident happened near Brownwood. And we all know what happens to cattle rustlers and horse thieves when encountered. Our cars and carts serve our needs as horses did in the wild west. If I would catch someone messin' with MY ride in a parking lot... well, just sayin' pardner... "git 'em up!"

Old 03-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Default Be sure you are prepared to shoot

[QUOTE=Chellybean;1527649]
Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There is a picture of the new looking SUV he was driving, in the parking lot and a description of the dark skinned male who broke into the cars. It is an unusual happening and it makes me furious. In fact I can't think of it ever happening; cars broken into at a rec center here.

Most people have no idea how their lives will be changed.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

[QUOTE=thetruth;1527670]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chellybean View Post

Most people have no idea how their lives will be changed.
Me and Chelly are quoted together and I am not sure whose lives you mean.

Me. I am sure law enforcement will catch this guy if he returns, probably driving a stolen car. I don't like folks breaking into anything here.

Just about every time I enter one of our regional rec centers and see all of the beautiful and expensive accessories everywhere, it makes me proud that things aren't taken. I hope that never changes. I believe that as a group of people, we folks born after the second world war and the baby boomers too, are mostly decent folks. We had moms that drilled it into us that it was wrong to steal, and to lie, and to kill...and dad's that backed up our moms, most of us, anyway.
Old 03-28-2018, 08:53 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

The good news is TV enjoys the protection very good LEOs. I am sure they are on it and will apprehend the thug if he is a local. He likely resides in one of the surrounding communities. Probably stealing for money to buy drugs.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 03-28-2018, 10:28 AM
Sage
Location: village of Fenney, Ford City, Pa., and Hudson, Ohio
Thanked 4,340 Times in 1,448 Posts

As long as there are drugs to be purchased property crimes will remain, if not by this young man it will be by another. We all know this has been happening for decades and should not be naive enough to think it is not going to happen here. If you leave nothing of value in your car you have nothing to lose. As far as locking them the cost to repair the damage caused by a break in would most likely be higher than the replacement cost of whatever is stolen. I do lock my car but just from habit, there is nothing in it when parked. In our 49 years of marriage we have been burglarized 3 times, once while we were sleeping up stairs and have had two cars stolen. These crimes did not occur in or near areas that were considered to be at risk, we were just unlucky.
Old 03-28-2018, 11:16 AM
Veteran member

I agree,
Old 03-28-2018, 11:54 AM

I was raised in Boston’s South end. And always prided myself on being streetsmart and aware of my surroundings. People here in the villages amaze me with how nonchalant they are about leaving things in their golf carts and cars, they are inviting the thieves to ply their trade.
My phone cost over$1000 and my sunglasses around $300 I worked hard to buy the things I like and don’t leave them laying around for someone to take, The suronding areas of the villages have quite a few people who wouldn’t thing anything about grabbing what they can from you. Keep you stuff locked under key and don’t assume because your a villager your safe from being a target because your not! This is in no way a gated community you need to remember your stuff is only as safe as you keep it.
Old 03-28-2018, 12:19 PM
Sage

I believe the night the incident--TV Straight Shooters Club had its meeting-just a hunch--bet the perp was looking to snag some firearms --worth $$$ on the street in some neighborhoods
Closed Thread

Tags
cars, burglarized, community, gated, hours

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.