Postal Station trash Cans...overflowing

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

I've seen it all now. People whining and complaining that other people have the actual nerve to throw trash IN A TRASH CAN! What is this world coming to??
Old 12-03-2020, 10:29 AM

My mailbox fills with 3 previous owners junk mail. I tried putting return to sender on their mail that looked official but the mail people just put it back in my box!!!!!!!! I am not going to take other peoples mail to my home. I take my mail including junk mail but not other peoples. Oh - I forgot - I do take their catalogs home and call the company to take them off their lists and stop sending mail.
Old 12-03-2020, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Yesterday I was sitting on a bench at the Tierra del Sol postal station after my mile walk from my house, enjoying the kestrel preserve there, when a couple drove up in a gold Toyota (just in case they are reading this). The man got out of the passenger seat with a large soda cup and a big bag of fast food trash and proceeded to stuff them into the trash can there so we could all enjoy it. I thought, “I carry my junk mail home on foot to throw it away. You can’t carry your own garbage home in your car for one minute of driving?” But I said nothing. I’m glad to have the opportunity to vent here.
It’s a trash can! That’s why it’s there,
Old 12-03-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswitenki View Post
My mailbox fills with 3 previous owners junk mail. I tried putting return to sender on their mail that looked official but the mail people just put it back in my box!!!!!!!! I am not going to take other peoples mail to my home. I take my mail including junk mail but not other peoples. Oh - I forgot - I do take their catalogs home and call the company to take them off their lists and stop sending mail.
Do you cash their checks?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't know why two people have mentioned it recently. Are people returning to their snowbird homes and finding their mailbox full? It really doesn't seem to me to be a thing to be upset about at all. We live right across from our mail station and see a fellow in a black pick up come and pick up the trash at ours. He has a job, the trash is picked up and all ends well. Is this some kind of propaganda from some group? Some new movement?

WE are about to see a Pandemic end soon and we sit around and fuss about putting trash in trash cans? I have NEVER seen a mess at either of the postal stations we used here in The Villages. Why do people find stuff to complain about when there is so much that is positive....and much bigger things that are sad and angry making?
My point is some people despite seeing the can overflowing they still pull more in or leave it on top of the can or just drop their catalogs and Mail on the ground. The wind then blows it around the property.
What is so hard about taking it home. As far as leaving your home on vacation ask a neighbor to put it out for you. You house looks like you are home too
Old 12-03-2020, 11:18 AM

You got my vote!!!!!!!
Old 12-03-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie1950 View Post
Want a quick way to stop junk mail? Whenever I got junk mail with return address envelopes, I would tear up the contents stuff the envelope full of that content and a bunch of other junk mail. I would mail it back to them in the envelope saying no postage needed. I KNOW they had to pay extra postage as I stuffed the envelopes. I did all this when I was on leave for an injury and couldn’t do much.
Haven’t had much junk since, I think they got the message, no pun intended.
Got to give this a try. Thanks
Old 12-03-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswitenki View Post
There is a slot for mail that does not belong to you why not put it there?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
It seems ironic to me that people are complaining about people who put trash in a trash can. If the cans are overflowing, you either need more cans or you need to empty them more often.

Some people say that you are not even supposed to put junk mail in the trash cans. If that is true, why put 5 trash cans around the mail boxes where people pick up their junk mail? More than 90 percent of my mail is trash.

Ok. You stole my thunder. What he said.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
There is a slot for mail that does not belong to you why not put it there?
Doesn’t USPS deliver to address regardless of addressee?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoiron View Post
Take away all the trash cans and post camera with sign notice trash leftovers littering is a 500.00 fine. Can easily match box to person and send bills in the mail. That should stop this stupid behavior.
“Trash leftovers littering.” What IS that?
Old 12-03-2020, 11:53 AM

Has nothing to do with how much mail you get. Take it home and throw it away. Don't expect someone else to throw away your trash.
Old 12-03-2020, 11:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,729 Times in 5,250 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Doesn’t USPS deliver to address regardless of addressee?
I would hate to be that guy named "Current Resident".
Old 12-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I would hate to be that guy named "Current Resident".
Maybe that explains your 90% junk mail.
Old 12-03-2020, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnboy View Post
Why do you think the trash cans are there for?
Obviously so one can set their soda cans on top while looking through their junk mail that they should bring home with them. LOL, 5 pages (so-far) in a deep discussion about whether garbage should or should not go in a garbage can! At least it isn't about masks, Costco or dog poop !!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, postal, station, cans, garbage

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.